User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    It gets better then because both you AND your peers are starting to mature and enter midlife, a point at which both begin to develop their lesser functions and balance out. At that point, the rift between all the sensors in the world and the intuitives becomes somewhat less, and greater wisdom leads to better interactions with eachother. Essentially, both you and your environment are changing.
    Hey do you think thats it, or is it about changing priorities... by mid life most S types are nearly at the point they will reach in their careers/socail advancement. The N's are late maturers so still have a bit more drive to them, or they tend to be in a more peer based society.

Keirsy's book is intersting because his first real taste of other NT's was at Uni - where there was just more of them per '00 than in normal life... Hence the balance is slightly more balanced...

Why I'm doubting that by mid 30's their is more balanced because I don't think it's true in that way they may be more developed their weaker functions, but they have also over developed other areas to quite extremes... sorry don't think I'm communicating this thought well. At 20 the F function is 10% of a 100% TF scale... at 30 it's 10% of the TF scale but the scale got bigger at both sides... (again not well explained - the 10% are off different volumes)....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hey do you think thats it, or is it about changing priorities... by mid life most S types are nearly at the point they will reach in their careers/socail advancement. The N's are late maturers so still have a bit more drive to them, or they tend to be in a more peer based society.

Keirsy's book is intersting because his first real taste of other NT's was at Uni - where there was just more of them per '00 than in normal life... Hence the balance is slightly more balanced...

Why I'm doubting that by mid 30's their is more balanced because I don't think it's true in that way they may be more developed their weaker functions, but they have also over developed other areas to quite extremes... sorry don't think I'm communicating this thought well. At 20 the F function is 10% of a 100% TF scale... at 30 it's 10% of the TF scale but the scale got bigger at both sides... (again not well explained - the 10% are off different volumes)....
    I think there are a host of other factors the effect people as they age, not just a further development of the functions. Jung believed that growth occurred through the differentiation of functions, where your strengths grow stronger and more defined. However, i don' think that's the full picture. I see that as people age they learn to think in new ways and use different skills than they had at an earlier age, or at least that's how it is for me. Some people, however, get stuck in the same ways of thinking forever, and only develop their proffered functions without developing much on the other end or learning to use it. And what I mean here is mostly in being able to use your tertiary and inferior functions (for me it would be Si and Fe) to a greater degree in later life such that they aren't expressed in a purely immature manner, but have a level of maturity that actually makes them functional in every day life. I'm not really talking about using Fi if you're Ti dominant.

Like for me, my function order is Ti Ne Si/Se Fe. As I mature, I should be more adept at incorporating the latter two function into my thinking and in how I interact with people/the world. I believe this usually comes after your dominant functions have reached a certain level of maturity and differentiation. Or maybe I'm just theorizing and seeing things based on my own drives and way of thinking, which is to constantly evolve as much as possible.

MBTI
    ENTP

em, not sure. I don't think they ever get a full balance if I'm honest. they get better at some of their really weak functions but they are unlikely ever to be truly strong in them... it's just a perspective. I guess it comes out int heir lives somewhere....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    em, not sure. I don't think they ever get a full balance if I'm honest. they get better at some of their really weak functions but they are unlikely ever to be truly strong in them... it's just a perspective. I guess it comes out int heir lives somewhere....
    Well it depends on the individual and their environment, as I said in the beginning, as well as your control over it. On a conscious level, it's a very T driven process.