First 234

Thread: Aesthetics

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    You should see my room
    That's a pretty kickass room; I enjoy the blood red color of the walls.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Whaa? That's insane. I love capturing peoples emotions in my photos. The human eye is the most beautiful thing. They're so expressive, you can basically see a person's soul through their eyes. I would never blur out someone's face in my photos.
    I agree, and my favorite thing to draw is a person's face, especially the eyes.
    I have no idea why he never photographed faces. I just realized it one day and it felt significant to me, as far as commentary on his personality. I'm not saying it's an NT thing, but it's in line with his general approach to art.

Interestingly, he was drawn to eyes in other photographs. I think it would be too revealing of himself to photograph someone else's face.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like hot girls
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I like paintings with dark, deeply saturated schemes. I also like Asian paintings, but despise anime.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Aesthetics are extremely important to me. I've made a significant portion of my income in audio/visual media.

I can't stand visual clutter, preferring clean open spaces and lines. I avoid busy patterns. I like to surround myself with attractive people, or with people that look and/or dress uniquely.

I also buy higher quality things, when I actually get around to buying anything. I don't see the point in skimping on myself if I have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I agree, and my favorite thing to draw is a person's face, especially the eyes.
    I have no idea why he never photographed faces. I just realized it one day and it felt significant to me, as far as commentary on his personality. I'm not saying it's an NT thing, but it's in line with his general approach to art.

Interestingly, he was drawn to eyes in other photographs. I think it would be too revealing of himself to photograph someone else's face.
    It may be that to photograph a person in an identifiable way (that is, capture the face) and be able to publish that photograph - in galleries, for sale, or whatever, he would have to get the person to sign a release form, which might be troublesome.

Some people don't really like it when I've already taken the shot and asked for permission afterwards, but then when I ask first, it ruined my intended shot. Maybe the same is applied for him?

EDIT: As for aesthetics, I do appreciate them in my appearance. For some reason, I can't be bothered with my room or anything like that. For example, I don't care about driving a beat up car that's covered in bird crap with dents and scratches all over the place.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post
    It may be that to photograph a person in an identifiable way (that is, capture the face) and be able to publish that photograph - in galleries, for sale, or whatever, he would have to get the person to sign a release form, which might be troublesome.

Some people don't really like it when I've already taken the shot and asked for permission afterwards, but then when I ask first, it ruined my intended shot. Maybe the same is applied for him?

Nah, he doesn't make a living taking photos. He lives in his parents' basement. He's an INTP, come on

He could make a living, as he is genuinely talented, he just doesn't have that kind of ambition.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I think I'd make a pretty good photographer, but I'd need to buy a camera first.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;