[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Do you know if he has a flickr or da account? Id like to see how removed feeling shows on picture.

Portrait photography is something that meny photographers dont like that much. I dont think its some mbti thing, its just that some people see portraits more boring to shoot or to watch than for example landscapes or street photography.
    There's a lot of photography that include people's faces that wouldn't be called "portraits" though. The purpose is not to reveal the individual, but to use their face to convey something else. He never shows a face anyway....

I'd rather not link his images, because it would link me to him, which loses a sense of my anonymity....if that makes sense
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

I'm very into clothing, actually.
    Not the fashion world, haven't got the money for that, and my hair is cut short and the only thing I do for upkeep is sleep on it.
    However, I to do things like dye my hair dark blue.
    I like clothes and dressing nice, but I get my clothes for a dollar apiece and buy hair dye at thrift stores... My room is a mess and has masses of clothing covering most surfaces.
    I don't wear makeup or perfume and I don't straighten my hair, though. I don't work out or try to lose weight, though I often forget to eat/don't want to, and I stay thin anyway. So I guess you could say it depends on the thing. Things like phones I won't spend money on because one is a status symbol or prettier. I don't spend money on things because they're pretty.

MBTI
    ENTP

Starting in my mid-20s, I began to lust after balance, harmony and elegance in architecture, landscaping, art and design. My taste is classic yet eclectic.

In clothes I go for classic, well made, excellect fabrics, perfectly tailored but only in my own personal range of colors. Although in a certain scary decade I had my share of shoulder pads and leggings.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    entp

they affect people's perception of me. so if i gotta get anywhere in THIS world, they gotta be at least somewhat important to me....and they are

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Why is this important? The aesthetics is arbitrarily dictated by mass marketers. The system is designed to extract a constant revenue stream from the controlled consumers. What payback do you get from conforming to this standard?

This is not intended as an attack. I am simply trying to understand a value system that is so different from my own.
    Since when did I have a reason for liking things? It just is. It's as simple as that
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    There's a lot of photography that include people's faces that wouldn't be called "portraits" though. The purpose is not to reveal the individual, but to use their face to convey something else. He never shows a face anyway....

I'd rather not link his images, because it would link me to him, which loses a sense of my anonymity....if that makes sense
    Whaa? That's insane. I love capturing peoples emotions in my photos. The human eye is the most beautiful thing. They're so expressive, you can basically see a person's soul through their eyes. I would never blur out someone's face in my photos.

How silly
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

I pretty much agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I find them very important, though someone who looks at me or my space wouldn't think that.

I guess it's an idiosyncratic sense.
    Things like colours and lighting have an effect on me, and I like them to be right. But I don't think people would notice that I care, because (for example) I find a degree of chaos/asymmetry/disorder most aesthetically pleasing.

There are only fairly specific things I care about aesthetically, though. My clothes, for example, generally aren't one of them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How important are aesthetics to you, NTs?

I ask because in my experience, many NTs don't really give a crap, so to speak, about how stuff looks, be it their person, their clothes, or their surroundings/belongings. I, on the other hand, find aesthetics to be very important. I have a definite sense of what is beautiful and what is not, and I definitely prefer for things to be on the beautiful side of the spectrum. I chalk it up to having a 4 wing on the Enneagram.

So what role does aesthetics play in your lives, if any?
    It's very important, but it's not the #1 priority over all other things so to speak.

You should see my room, the way I dress, what I like in the opposite sex, and the way I compose things in fashion, photography, drawing, and web design. I keep it "Timeless"

Then again, I'm a very visual person according the shit below me:

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I like unique things noone has got.
    like pants?