• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTPs vs. INTJs: Who are the bigger nerds?

Which type tends to be more nerdy?

• Total voters

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Compartmentalise all you like. INTPs discover the truth. INTJs find the connection no one else could find. Suck it.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
^That's a pretty nerdy reply there.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
People who say intps are nerdier dont know intps very well. Intp isnt auto nerd like intj, so even if you meet intp who is big nerd, its just that person who is nerd. Even tho there are meny intp nerds, its because of theyr hunger for overall knownledge. Extreme hunger for knownledge may lead to extreme nerdiness, but it can be projected to other intellectual subjects than nerd subjects. Intjs have bigger hunger for nerd subjects instead of overall knownledge like intps. This mean that intps are not nerds, but they may become nerds, like eny other type can become a nerd, but nerdy subjects are closer to intp heart than meny of other types, thats why there is more intp nerds than for example esfj nerds.

MBTI Type
INxJ
All of my friends are nerds. There are more xNTP than xNTJ. Only one INTJ and INTP. I'm going to go with equally nerdy.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Compartmentalise all you like. INTPs discover the truth. INTJs find the connection no one else could find. Suck it.

Lold, intps are the ones who finds the unknown connections from the real world. Intjs are good, but not that good, they just think that theyr better because they know more about school books.

Notable INTJs:

Dan Aykroyd[27]
Jane Austen[27]
Augustus Caesar[27]
Chevy Chase[27]
Calvin Coolidge[28]
Dwight D. Eisenhower[28]
Rudy Giuliani[28]
Thomas Jefferson[28]
C.S. Lewis[27]
Isaac Newton [29]
Plato [29]
General Colin Powell[28]
Ayn Rand [29]
Donald Rumsfeld[28]
Arnold Schwarzenegger[28]

Notable INTPs:

William Harvey (1578–1657) English physician [26]
James Madison (1751–1836) US president [26]
John Quincy Adams (1767–1848) US president [26]
John Tyler (1790–1862) US president [26]
Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865) US president [26]
Charles Darwin (1809–1882) English naturalist [26]
William James (1842–1910) American psychologist and philosopher [26]
Carl Jung (1875–1961) Swiss psychiatrist [26]
Albert Einstein (1879–1955) German physicist [26]
Gerald Ford (1913–2006) US president [26]

Intp = intellectual who can become book smart

Intj = book smart who can become intellectual

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Eh, Newton still beasts anyone on the INTP famous list.

I mean, seriously, the dude invented calculus.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh, Newton still beasts anyone on the INTP famous list.

I mean, seriously, the dude invented calculus.

Nope

Sir Isaac Newton is one of the most famous contributors to the development of calculus

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a nerd, but not necessarily a geek or a dork. I am repulsed by fandom conventions and obsessive fangirling, etc. I think INTPs can be really nerdy because we just accumlulate knowledge for its own sake, and will not stop until they've read everything in the world about a particular interest. Of course, then we'll get bored and abandon that interest.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Lold, intps are the ones who finds the unknown connections from the real world. Intjs are good, but not that good, they just think that theyr better because they know more about school books.

You sir, have started believing the ENFJs.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
uu0R0.jpg

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Personally I think calling an individual, much less a group of people "nerdy" or geeky" is a foolish practice.

I suppose for the sake of fun its alright, but expecting a person to behave according to some arbitrary definition can lead to unfortunate oversight of their actual behavior.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Neither are Nerds per se (although their are a fair number of INTP/INTJ nerds, mainly because of their minority personality type differences who will get thrown in with the nerds or outside group thereby picking up some nerdy characteristics

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate these categories. "Nerds" and "geeks" rule and drive society, and the only consolation prize for the average unsuccesful person is the fact that he/she can label them with pejorative terms.
Furthermore, people "devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits" can still be dead sexy.

I don't really care about the results btw, it's only a matter of definition.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Funny thing is though that Albert Einstein would be nothing if it weren't for Isaac Newton, cause then he would have had nothing to prove in his Theory Of Relativity.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Funny thing is though that Albert Einstein would be nothing if it weren't for Isaac Newton, cause then he would have had nothing to prove in his Theory Of Relativity.

Thus INTJs are better

amirite?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
INTJs never appeared to me as "nerds." To me, they always seemed driven to master their own realm. This realm, of course, may be academia or some related area, but it need not be. In other words, they don't try to be the smartest or get the best grades in school because they want to be a genius. They simply want to be the best. Standard will not satisfy an INTJ.

Again, my thoughts above are my impressions from studying INTJs and is not necessarily based on typology theory.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You can't prove anything.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Funnier thing is that newton wouldnt be enything without his work group and Plato wouldnt have been enything without socrates..

Oh well, intjs still got Arnold Schwarzenegger :D .

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Matthew_Z "You can't prove anything."
Einstein's Theory Of Relativity was proving that the faster you moved, time moved at a different pace aswell, he would have had no starting ground if it wasn't for newton because what we he have to proved?

INTP "Funnier thing is that newton wouldn't be anything without his work group"
This is true when it came to his mathematics work, what i was trying to prove was about einsteins use of newtons gravitational and mechanics work which was done by himself.

And besides what beats the 3 Laws of Motion...