User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type tends to be more nerdy?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

30 57.69%
  • INTJs

22 42.31%
First 2345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You sir, have started believing the ENFJs.
    How so?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

Personally I think calling an individual, much less a group of people "nerdy" or geeky" is a foolish practice.

I suppose for the sake of fun its alright, but expecting a person to behave according to some arbitrary definition can lead to unfortunate oversight of their actual behavior.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Neither are Nerds per se (although their are a fair number of INTP/INTJ nerds, mainly because of their minority personality type differences who will get thrown in with the nerds or outside group thereby picking up some nerdy characteristics
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

I hate these categories. "Nerds" and "geeks" rule and drive society, and the only consolation prize for the average unsuccesful person is the fact that he/she can label them with pejorative terms.
    Furthermore, people "devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits" can still be dead sexy.

I don't really care about the results btw, it's only a matter of definition.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Funny thing is though that Albert Einstein would be nothing if it weren't for Isaac Newton, cause then he would have had nothing to prove in his Theory Of Relativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

Quote Originally Posted by deepthought View Post
    Funny thing is though that Albert Einstein would be nothing if it weren't for Isaac Newton, cause then he would have had nothing to prove in his Theory Of Relativity.
    Thus INTJs are better

amirite?
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

MBTI
    xxxx

INTJs never appeared to me as "nerds." To me, they always seemed driven to master their own realm. This realm, of course, may be academia or some related area, but it need not be. In other words, they don't try to be the smartest or get the best grades in school because they want to be a genius. They simply want to be the best. Standard will not satisfy an INTJ.

Again, my thoughts above are my impressions from studying INTJs and is not necessarily based on typology theory.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    xxxx

You can't prove anything.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Funnier thing is that newton wouldnt be enything without his work group and Plato wouldnt have been enything without socrates..

Oh well, intjs still got Arnold Schwarzenegger .
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Matthew_Z "You can't prove anything."
    Einstein's Theory Of Relativity was proving that the faster you moved, time moved at a different pace aswell, he would have had no starting ground if it wasn't for newton because what we he have to proved?

INTP "Funnier thing is that newton wouldn't be anything without his work group"
    This is true when it came to his mathematics work, what i was trying to prove was about einsteins use of newtons gravitational and mechanics work which was done by himself.

And besides what beats the 3 Laws of Motion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.