User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default So hard being (mis)undestood

I find myself being quite well understood when I emulate IQ levels 115-130, i.e. make myself more understandable than usual. But I don't feel so much understood at all when I'm being something more close to myself. You'd thought at the first glance I'd be flattering myself. But no, I'm just feeling sadness, mostly, and being distant from my fellow man.

There's one smart man who's humble and nice, if quite critical. I would have liked to have him as my brother. But, no such luck. Just smart bastards in my family.

And I was sad over the INFx who say they're being misunderstood. I thought being different. Some of the same stuff has become a destiny of mine, as well - at least partly.

I just think what I might have misunderstood. What if my ESTP friend is really a profoundly deep and caring person, who's way of doing things has just seemed superficial to me for no good reason?

I have sometimes felt my ESTP friend has been a person with a deeper commitment to his loved ones than I had acknowledged previously.

Likewise, there are many other errors in judgment.

I feel I'm not being misunderstood very often. For most of the part, I feel being understood for what I am. But, some misunderstandings feel bad.

I think I've mistaken my mother for a conservative person. She might not be that way. But. No matter what's one speciality, it's sad to be misunderstood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you sure you're shooting for speaking at a 115-130 IQ level? Because if that post is any indication, you're falling short...

MBTI
    ENTJ

Use those smarts of yours and evaluate more of everything.

So you don't know a person beyond their last post? I guess that suffices to explain your tendencies to understand someone, which was the point in the OP. Be judged amongst those less understanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'll hand in a bunch of clues. Frustration, drunkenness, not writing in my natural language, being misunderstood for using a literal style other than realism, etc. Good night now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I find myself being quite well understood when I emulate IQ levels 115-130, i.e. make myself more understandable than usual. But I don't feel so much understood at all when I'm being something more close to myself. You'd thought at the first glance I'd be flattering myself. But no, I'm just feeling sadness, mostly, and being distant from my fellow man.

oh-my-fucking-god-you-people-discussing-intellect

Does that thread of yours, ring a bell?

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Oh wow...
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, that was my frustration for people confusing all kinds of personal preferences (like the preference of liking the smell of rose) with some kind of "intelligence". I just appreciate the kind of intelligence that is known to be associated with good measurable, objective performance in something.

I'm feeling for a writer who wrote an article with ironic opinions in here a while ago. She was condemned, her opinions denounced. No clue she was writing in another style than realism - no clue of that sort from anyone in the ISTJ land. In the ISTJ land, everything is literal. All other kind of expression is cheating and terrible.

I'm beginning to wonder if the ISTJ land is world wide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes you construct sentences in odd ways, and I have a little bit of trouble understanding you. But I can generally figure out what you mean with a few extra moments of consideration.

You know, I suppose that idea never occurred to me. That perhaps my long-term focus and tendency to imagine all possible ways of doing something... causes me to fail to find meaning in the things that most people do, when those things actually do have a deeper meaning for them because they don't depend on that perspective. Yet ironically, that perspective has changed me to such a point that I can't understand them anymore. It almost makes you wonder if intelligence can result in a form of blindness as well as a form of insight.

I suppose I prefer to believe I'm being misunderstood, because if people really understand exactly how something feels for me, what I'm like, and they just genuinely don't care at all, then... I would hate them. It's easier to believe that I'm being misunderstood than to have to hate everyone who seems not to value my perspective.

There are definitely limitations to what language can convey, though, so I do believe that a lot of disagreement is due to misunderstanding. Not all of it, perhaps, but a lot of it.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I certainly write a lot in an odd way. I do write my professional texts in a very good way, but I have to be really anal about the correct writing - the process takes time, and it is no fun. I'm no writer of great literature, though - never. I think I've been "educated" to write in a slightly retarded way in here, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

your resident asshole

Don't mind me, I'm just a TARD.

But about that other thread, I was really just being lazy and I didn't read your post. I'm assuming that my comment earlier frustrated you also.