User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

Time for my MENSA meeting. Gotta' go!

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Oh boy, there comes a morning after a night of drinking, and it's now. If I felt misunderstood then, I should have just made myself understood, and that's it.

I would've missed the advice that I need to improve my language, tho.
    Must you be so predictable?
    When I was getting off the computer last night I said,
    "Watch, the dumb-fuck will claim he was drunk."

Voila.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

That sounds weird. Well, you enjoy inventing all stuff, per your demonstrated inability to understand stuff. Whatever.

It's fun you write all the stuff that sounds like you were winning someone, IF the things you said were true to any degree, or relevant.

Now what if I said, haha! I totally owned you in that boxing match! I dropped you in the second round! Well.. there doesn't need to be a boxing match to say that. People who don't bother to read, or are incapable of understanding stuff, will see the expressions of such win as True Leadership.

Jaguar, you're a fake. You spit out the words of victory without there ever having been one. Perhaps you go by the idea that the pen (or the keyboard) is mightier than the sword, given all your literary knowledge?

One point you failed.. you called me delusional for thinking we've had a conversation.

We've directed few comments at one another, we've replied to each others posts. If that serves as an example of your accuracy in reporting stuff, you're a fake.

Listen, if you're starting to throw baseless accusations and nonsense completely detached from reality, you can just go to the nearest closet, shut the door and talk all day. I think the walls may be more interested of your stuff than I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jaguar, you're a fake.

Eat shit and die, you cockless wonder.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I reconsidered much of the stuff. I responded to that post as a knee-jerk reaction. I think I've been unreasonable in trying to insult people's intelligence, including yours. I'm sorry.

I thought of a good way to express "acting out of character", "joking" and such. I think PinkPiranha does it quite well. I don't recall it exactly, but I think she puts "acted" stuff in parenthesis, with an asterix, like this:

(*Slams the door)

Now that I'm thinking it, I haven't used good methods to distinguish "acted" or "portrayed" stuff from real stuff. I shouldn't have tried to insult your intelligence at all - there was no reason to be offensive.

I'm not sure if it helps at this point, but I was feeling devastated for being taken as a joke or an act I portrayed, as opposed to the real thing I was. But I guess I can never know how I'll be taken. Perhaps I had been better off marking my non-realistic monologues in a clear way.

This is as true as it gets, and I'm being literal here. This is no joke, not an experiment or anything like that.

I'm hoping for you to reconsider me as your online friend again, as I'd hate to lose you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

115-130 is the above above average range on most test, you seem to suggest that you are obove that which I highly doubt considering that

A) you probably took an online test, everyone who takes online tests is a "genius"

B) Its statisticly unlikely considering that IQ tests have a bell curve.

C) IQ isnt a very good measure of intelligence in the first place.

D) lol troll

I rest my case
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    115-130 is the above above average range on most test, you seem to suggest that you are obove that which I highly doubt considering that

A) you probably took an online test, everyone who takes online tests is a "genius"

B) Its statisticly unlikely considering that IQ tests have a bell curve.

C) IQ isnt a very good measure of intelligence in the first place.

D) lol troll

I rest my case
    Valuable Post
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm not intending to make it a full time job to reply to nonsense, so I'll be brief.

-intelligence outside IQ isn't well established, so IQ test intelligence is in fact the best
    -I've got multiple psychological assessments of me as a borderline genius or just genius - depending on how genius is defined. No, that doesn't include borderline disorder for me. I've got one assessment as "not genius" as well.
    -I've been an ass in promoting myself in such a bad way. My losses of intellectual opportunity as a young man .. they often come up in my mind when I'm drunk. Believe it or not. Sorry for grammatical errors. I slept only 3 and a half hours last night as a result of prolonged drinking and long time surfing on the interwebs.
    -intelligence and skill are clearly distinguishable by factor analysis. Know the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

-intelligence outside IQ isn't well established, so IQ test intelligence is in fact the best
    r u srs? u cannot b srs.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

That is a very strange thread.

As for intelligence and being (or not being) understood... I think it's an easy excuse for not trying to reach to other people. I think I know something like 8 people with IQ over 156 (I mean, those who have it for sure) and just one of them could write something like the things you did. The others are pretty fine with people (or even awesome ).

I'm afraid you just need some practice with communication. I also know it's hard to drop the idea of being 'intelligent and misunderstood' (damn mass-culture! it's such a romantic ideal!!). Maybe it's even ego-wrecking, the idea that you just do not posses some skills, let's call them social skills and that you are not deemed to be 'forever misunderstood'. Try spending more time talking to people, ya know.

I think it's not your English level that's a problem, but you trying to write like, some... dandy? I can tell that you strive for some kind of 'exquisite' language. Nobody expects it of you (not even me, and I'm a writer! ).

PS I might be completely wrong about you. I wrote it in case there's something to it, maybe it will be useful for you to look at yourself in this light for a second or two.
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Hey, that was a freaking good post. I approve, I'll think of it.

I guess I have good communication skills alright, but some problem with social things, even though I'm attempting. I have a problem of seeing myself as an outcast, because of the time I experienced burnout and depression and when I was, as a matter-of-fact, an outcast.

Giving some development on the subject, I still have a somewhat twisted view of myself in relation to the rest of the world.

But. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]