MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrannies View Post
    How do you ENTP's sleep at night?

We have the natural ability to do this just because of the way our brains work. We see possibilities (Ne) and we know how those possibilities function (Ti).

That does not mean that we all go around taking advantage of people by using this ability. I don't.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Furthermore, I use this ability to help people. This is how I help people. And I've had an assful of the "ENTPs are so manipulative" thing. If someone has the ability to purchase a gun, does that mean they buy one? If they buy one, does that mean they shoot someone with it?

Enough of this already. God.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    ENTP's ARE the most manipulative of the types.
    No. That's your subjective opinion. Manipulation comes in many forms, maybe what people don't like is ENTPs are not inclined to use emotional manipulation so it's less recognisable or seems less moral to some.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    We have the natural ability to do this just because of the way our brains work. We see possibilities (Ne) and we know how those possibilities function (Ti).

That does not mean that we all go around taking advantage of people by using this ability. I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Furthermore, I use this ability to help people. This is how I help people. And I've had an assful of the "ENTPs are so manipulative" thing.
    100% that.

I use my understanding of people and what motivates them along with knowing what actions will produce what outcomes to manipulate the situation to get the best out of them, my staff for instance, I use my understanding to inspire them to produce the best results they can. Is this manipulation? Yes, I use the knowledge that I have to influence them into getting the best result which is to my advantage, but it's to theirs and others as well, so is it negative or immoral? No.

MBTI
    INTJ

Emergent leaderships, suckas. That Ne means you can't avoid it.

It's not manipulation only when the other person is aware of the choice and is free to choose it.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTP's ARE the most manipulative of the types. They claim they aren't because they don't have a well-developed F, so they have no idea that there's any alternative. It's like a game to them. They read people easily and then they give them exactly what they expect. People love them for this. But ENTP's are not really giving types ultimately. This is what gets them labelled manipulative. They seem to be giving you everything you want on the outside, but on the inside? They're out for themselves. And I write all of this with great respect for ENTP's. There are other, much stronger facets to ENTP's, but way too much of the time this superficiality is all that people see.
    And thats exactly what I was trying to say :rolli: ENTP's aren't expected to really strive for a win/win situation or do the best with whats available. Since they are able to read people easily and most people know it, those people also expect more out of the ENTP that they wouldn't expect from joe blow and when it is not given to that individual...they are manipulative or told they are out for just themselves (on the inside, it doesn't matter what they've actually done, on the inside they are just out for themselves ugh) or superficial.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Emergent leaderships, suckas. That Ne means you can't avoid it.

It's not manipulation only when the other person is aware of the choice and is
    free to choose it.
    lol

companies pay a million of dollars to have consultants come in teach their people how to properly motivate people
    what the hell do people go to teaching universities for 4+ years to learn

the other person is ALWAYS aware of the choice. you have to be dumber (read: more innocent) than a 4 yr old to not realize you have a choice

the amount of "manipulation" is defined by the nature of the relationship. at work, people listen to the boss (entp) for motivation and direction. as friends, people end up coming to the entp friend for advice and humor. if you trust/respect someone enough to value their advice, then how can you call it manipulation

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm sure you're right.

What? Waitaminute, where did that come from? Oh, you sly devil, you!
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    entp

are you trying to make me feel special?

STOP MANIPULATING ME

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

ENTP's ARE the most manipulative of the types. They claim they aren't because they don't have a well-developed F, so they have no idea that there's any alternative. It's like a game to them. They read people easily and then they give them exactly what they expect. People love them for this. But ENTP's are not really giving types ultimately. This is what gets them labelled manipulative. They seem to be giving you everything you want on the outside, but on the inside? They're out for themselves. And I write all of this with great respect for ENTP's.
    Right... the greatest of respect. :rolli:

Did some ENTP break your heart?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think ENTPs are potentially manipulative, at least compared to most other NTs. But I prefer manipulative people, so I consider that a good thing.

A manipulative person wants to be thought well of, or at least clearly wants something from others... and to me, that's a positive thing, a human thing. People who don't care enough about how they're thought of by others to attempt to influence it to some degree are the ones that truly disgust and frighten me.