• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How are INTP and INTJ different

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
oh, so now you are mixing freudian psychology with jungian :doh:

if by dominant, you mean first function, functions positions arent archetypes, function positions are simply function positions. neither is ego an archetype, its the central complex in the field of consciousness. you are combining unrelated shit again and getting your own conclusions.

the idea that archetypes are related to typology comes from beebe, not jung

Fail at typology often? Try 'Psychological Types'.

Can you clarify that last sentence? Are you saying ENFP does not experience feeling as empathy, or specifically *me*? You know I was joking when I said I sell INTJ tears on Ebay :whistling:

I hear many ENFPs claim they have 'empathy with everyone, all the time' it's a delusion; the number of times I've either nodded along with an ENFP to keep them blissfully happy and from coming down because I've not been feeling what I say they say I'm feeling is large.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another difference:

INTJ: will argue a point until they decide that they have expended the allotted energy stores on the situation and then move on.
INTP: will argue a point until the 4 horsemen arrive.

;)

I'm fully prepared to argue against this. Until the 4 horsemen arrive. Which could indeed be awhile.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not argue, you're INTP. You discuss.

*clears throat and calms down*. Umm, yes, that's what I meant. I'm fully prepared to.......discuss the issue. Until the 4 horsemen arrive. Which, you know, could indeed..............be awhile. :D

A

Anew Leaf

*clears throat and calms down*. Umm, yes, that's what I meant. I'm fully prepared to.......discuss the issue. Until the 4 horsemen arrive. Which, you know, could indeed..............be awhile. :D

*looks at news headlines*

I dunno. Can you "discuss" a topic until next Tuesday?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Another difference:

INTJ: will argue a point until they decide that they have expended the allotted energy stores on the situation and then move on. realize they were wrong and quietly go away and hope that no one noticed
INTP: will argue a point until the 4 horsemen arrive. INTJ realizes that he was wrong

;)

fixed ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ah, yes. The horseman situation only comes into play when two INTP's disagree.

;) (I absolutely despise this new winkee face, I just want to slap him.)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fail at typology often? Try 'Psychological Types'.

this?
ejoXM.jpg

try understanding it?

or at least try finding even one source that shows jung saying that archetypes are related to typology.

jungian analysts dont even use typology in their clinical work, but they do use archetypes. you should have a look at analytical psychology as a whole, not just concentrate on the typology part and try to make everything fit to it. typology is only a really small part of analytical psychology and most the stuff(like collective unconscious and its archetypes) is not related to typology at all

A

Anew Leaf

Ah, yes. The horseman situation only comes into play when two INTP's disagree.
;) (I absolutely despise this new winkee face, I just want to slap him.)

hahaha, so true! I have been a witness to the power of two INTPs "discussing" a topic before. It's kind of exhausting. The best part is when an ENTP enters the mix, the two INTPs are thrilled to have yet another perspective... and then the ENTP gets bored with the topic and wanders away in search of... anything. else.

good times.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
this?
ejoXM.jpg

try understanding it?

Haha. This photo is classic. I vote this for picture of the month on the forum. You should also post it in the "man hands" thread.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intjs look more like istjs from my very limited experience with them...i would think intps might be more easily confused with some other np type or ixxp type depending on the strength of their preferences...that was a very broad non answer answer i guess but imo the j makes a lot of difference :laugh:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha. This photo is classic. I vote this for picture of the month on the forum. You should also post it in the "man hands" thread.

:alttongue:

i bet now comes the part that i corrected on saturneds post about INTJs :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't want co-author credit on this one, ok?

okay, i can take the full credit of this insight that is the one ultimate thing that sets INTJs apart from INTPs

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
try understanding it?

Jung described explicitly the phenomenon of Anima breakthrough withing the book being tied to the opposite of the dominant fuction; aka the inferior in Psychological Types.

He then describes the archetype of the anima/animus in The Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious.

We can all post pictures of books. As I have said 1,000 times before, this is nothing more than mental masturbation from yourself. I recommend you learn some INTJ traits like basing your viewpoint on facts. For example, when refering to Psychological types you can use the facts you can find within Psychological types rather than deriving facts from your battered ego.

4-move-checkmate.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jung described explicitly the phenomenon of Anima breakthrough withing the book being tied to the opposite of the dominant fuction; aka the inferior in Psychological Types.

he said that anima possesses some inferior qualities of the person, not that it comes from inferior function. like i told you before, try understanding it and not just try to fit it into your own view about the subject

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm tired of watching the undercard fights. What time does the main event start?