• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How are INTP and INTJ different

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Take that INTP attitude and direct it towards something else and you can see what their doing.

Say the back wall of my house falls but instead of fixing it I repaint the other 3 walls. I work on the front yard and when someone comes over and says hey your house looks great but it's missing the back wall. Are you going to fix that? And I say nah.

Why?

Because man, back walls are not important. No one can even see the back wall. I fact you're stupid for putting a back wall. I wouldn't waste my time on something so stupid and pointless as a back wall. its all about the front wall and the yard man. I mean sure everyone else has back walls but not everybody got a front yard like mine and that's want really matters.

Do you really think INTP's are so freakin' stupid that if the back wall needs fixing, we won't address it? I mean, we might procrastinate and we might have our weaknesses, but come on dude, you're really stretching here. I'm sorry you've had bad INTP experiences. But, you're projecting on to ALL INTP's - and that's just not a smart thing to do (lumping an entire group together based on one negative behavior).

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you really think INTP's are so freakin' stupid that if the back wall needs fixing, we won't address it? I mean, we might procrastinate and we might have our weaknesses, but come on dude, you're really stretching here. I'm sorry you've had bad INTP experiences. But, you're projecting on to ALL INTP's - and that's just not a smart thing to do (lumping an entire group together).

Aww, let's just entertain him some more, I enjoyed his posts. :p

Besides, I work to the point of not having a social life or take vacations and such, and I'm never ill or sick or whatever either, or take free days, that's the full extent of how hard I can work. And you know what, it works for me because I don't need a social life or vacations! I wonder how well he'd do in my shoes. :D

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
All types do this. The SJ's that I know are really hard workers. And they will say "Hard work is very important." The SP's that I know do a really good job of having fun and enjoying life. And they will tell you, "It's very important to enjoy life to the fullest." NT's are good at thinking about things, analyzing, strategy, learning, etc. And they will also tell you that these things are important. NF's are great at being compassionate, empathetic, having concern for others, loving people, etc. And they will tell you that these things are very important.

Also, you shouldn't think that all INTP's are intellectual fat heads who incapable of doing anything of meaning or value in the world. I've worked hard at a lot of things in life, as I'm sure many other INTP's have. Just like everyone else in this world, we serve in the military, earn degrees, hold down jobs, lend a listening ear to friends, work hard at our relationships (even though we know we struggle at it sometimes), etc.

In summary, I really have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm talking about the MBTI INTP type not the people who relate to this type.

A

Anew Leaf

INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost none of their personality.

I sometimes wonder if learning didn't come so naturally to them would they have been unwilling to learn? It's as if they developed that trait as a survival technique. Without that what would they have? How would they function I wonder?

Translation: I asked this INTP chick to the prom and she turned me down.

P.S. Two things: 1- this thread was current in 2009, and 2- InvisibleJim's type isn't INTP... rendering your rant at him fairly hilarious.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Translation: I asked this INTP chick to the prom and she turned me down.

P.S. Two things: 1- this thread was current in 2009, and 2- InvisibleJim's type isn't INTP... rendering your rant at him fairly hilarious.

Actually, it's just a small issue of not being able to understand. But an ironically hilarious one at that. :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJs live in some world of their own and doesent have much understanding about what is real, or they see facts about the real world and draw their own conclusions from them and create their own world out of those facts.

INTPs are best

A

Anew Leaf

Take that INTP attitude and direct it towards something else and you can see what their doing.

Say the back wall of my house falls but instead of fixing it I repaint the other 3 walls. I work on the front yard and when someone comes over and says hey your house looks great but it's missing the back wall. Are you going to fix that? And I say nah.

Why?

Because man, back walls are not important. No one can even see the back wall. I fact you're stupid for putting a back wall. I wouldn't waste my time on something so stupid and pointless as a back wall. its all about the front wall and the yard man. I mean sure everyone else has back walls but not everybody got a front yard like mine and that's want really matters.

How did I miss this gem of a post?!

For the record, I would totally have gone to prom with you.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJs live in some world of their own and doesent have much understanding about what is real, or they see facts about the real world and draw their own conclusions from them and create their own world out of those facts.

INTPs are best

and stalkers !

rav3n

:duel:

:popc1:

The two types are different. I'll try to explain the vibe difference in halting terms.

INTJ - more about what might, could or should be.
INTP - more about what is or might be.

INTJs shift frameworks and all contents to what they believe or want to happen. When information comes in, there's a relevant or non-relevant decision point. If irrelevant, the information is tossed into the garbage can.

INTPs create a framework, then keep fitting in puzzle pieces until the puzzle is complete. Once the puzzle is complete and if there are puzzle pieces left over or new information comes in, INTPs will grow the frame to accommodate.

Jaguar

NF's are great at being compassionate, empathetic, having concern for others, loving people, etc. And they will tell you that these things are very important.

Like this?

I am horrible at these things, and I don't feel sympathy for real people for some reason. Seeing some charity advert about how children are starving in Africa, animals are being treated cruelly or something like that - does not move me in the least.

That was posted by an INFP.
Oooooh the compassion . . .
You'd think by now people would quit posting stereotypical drivel about types that doesn't hold up.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ - more about what might, could or should be.
INTP - more about what is or might be.

INTJs shift frameworks and all contents to what they believe or want to happen. When information comes in, there's a relevant or non-relevant decision point. If irrelevant, the information is tossed into the garbage can.

INTPs create a framework, then keep fitting in puzzle pieces until the puzzle is complete. Once the puzzle is complete and if there are puzzle pieces left over or new information comes in, INTPs will grow the frame to accommodate.

INTJs arent about what might be imo, they are about what is in their own little world. things either are facts or they arent(to them), things that can be proven is real, things that might be is not proven, so its not taken in. INTPs take in all and then think what is the percentage of it being true, even the really unlikely things are considered and if it cant be proven false, it still might be true, but its not fitted into the internal framework until its seen as being at least most likely true(and even then it not being true is concidered) that describes what is real in the outer world. INTJs take in only facts, what might be true is not true if richard feynman(or other trusted sources) doesent says so.

this sort of black & white world view puts INTJs to live in their own fantasy world, but because INTPs sees black, white and everything in between, they have stronger connection to the real world. i think thats because INTJs Pe function is inferior and INTPs have aux Pe

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJs arent about what might be imo, they are about what is in their own little world. things either are facts or they arent(to them), things that can be proven is real, things that might be is not proven, so its not taken in. INTPs take in all and then think what is the percentage of it being true, even the really unlikely things are considered and if it cant be proven false, it still might be true, but its not fitted into the internal framework until its seen as being at least most likely true(and even then it not being true is concidered) that describes what is real in the outer world. INTJs take in only facts, what might be true is not true if richard feynman(or other trusted sources) doesent says so.

this sort of black & white world view puts INTJs to live in their own fantasy world, but because INTPs sees black, white and everything in between, they have stronger connection to the real world. i think thats because INTJs Pe function is inferior and INTPs have aux Pe

Uhh, I think you're starting to lay it on a little too thick here. As if you're saying that INTP's are pure awesomeness and INTJ's sucks at teh life. INTJ's do certain things really, really well - and most of those things are our weaknesses (INTP's).