• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How are INTP and INTJ different

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ And the "big messes" we often encounter are *one of* the reasons we continue to retreat into our own heads. At least for me, these so-called "messes" are a big barrier to using Ne more often.

Not saying it's right to retreat as often as we do. Just saying that Ti just feels so smooth and uncomplicated compared to all the misunderstandings/people not getting my humor or train-of-thought.

Someone mentioned that we are "philosophers". So, I might be on my lunch break listening to 2 colleagues argue about whether eating right OR exercising is more vital to overall health/feeling good. One says eat right and you'll feel good. Period. It's that simple. "It's common sense," he says. The other says to eat until your heart is content, but lots of exercising to burn it off is the key. After 5 minutes of listening, I might cut in with something such as, "Like most things in life, I think it's a matter of balancing the 2 together. And while you're at it, you should get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water. It's not going to be one factor. It's going to be a combination of these things. It's about balance and moderation."

Then the strange looks. :huh:

This happens not just with strangers, but with family/friends/co-workers too. The reactions/facial expressions range from "who is this arrogant dude? He thinks he knows everything (a.k.a. "thanks, Einstein")" to just confused stares.

Sometimes I think, "why did I even open my mouth?" I should have just kept reading my magazine and shut up. Let them hash it out. I wasn't trying to *be* any certain way (arrogant, a jerk, nosy) - that's just this INTP trying to be social. That's the thought that comes to my head in that instance and so to say anything else would be "not me".

I've heard other INTP's say that they sometimes have to tailor or reshape their thoughts before they say them so that they'll be received favorably. To constantly try to filter what comes out of your mouth in order to avoid the strange stares can be a lot of work/draining.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
the difference is that intj's have a way cooler description with a bunch of cocky ego boosting special moving mountains nonsense added to it.

this made me crack a smile.
because INTJ's are awesome.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
if you really want to find out how much INTP you have in you all you have to do is join INTPc. The members on that forum might vary IRL but INTPc is not real life. It's a forum that is only interested in the INTP version of you a nothing else. Try to express the other aspects of you and see if it's embraced in the same way. The forum understands that there is more to you but they don't want to hear it. They want INTP type answers and nothing else.

So join INTPc and see how long you can stand it. The longer you can, the more INTP you are. That might not be a good thing though because if you fit right in that will mean you are a very solid and generic INTP and that makes you less unique and more part of a group. For some people that's what they always wanted and to other that would sound like hell. But at least you will know for sure how much INTP you are.

If you try It let me know how it turned out for you.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
if you really want to find out how much INTP you have in you all you have to do is join INTPc. The members on that forum might vary IRL but INTPc is not real life. It's a forum that is only interested in the INTP version of you a nothing else. Try to express the other aspects of you and see if it's embraced in the same way. The forum understands that there is more to you but they don't want to hear it. They want INTP type answers and nothing else.

So join INTPc and see how long you can stand it. The longer you can, the more INTP you are. That might not be a good thing though because if you fit right in that will mean you are a very solid and generic INTP and that makes you less unique and more part of a group. For some people that's what they always wanted and to other that would sound like hell. But at least you will know for sure how much INTP you are.

If you try It let me know how it turned out for you.

:pandarage:

INTP Necropost

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is this about INTP's having a bad sense of humor? :dry:

uncommonentity

INTPs are like yeah man
INTJs are like nah man

Sometimes the roles change but that's all you really need to know.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
INTPs are like yeah man
INTJs are like nah man

Analytical psychology solved. Time to pack our backs and go home.
Smiley_Kung_Fu_Panda_02[1].gif

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
:pandarage:

INTP Necropost

INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost none of their personality.

I sometimes wonder if learning didn't come so naturally to them would they have been unwilling to learn? It's as if they developed that trait as a survival technique. Without that what would they have? How would they function I wonder?

uncommonentity

INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost non of their personality.

FreakStrike14.jpg

What eva what eva INTP do what they wan!!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost none of their personality.

I sometimes wonder if learning didn't come so naturally to them would they have been unwilling to learn? It's as if they developed that trait as a survival technique. Without that what would they have? How would they function I wonder?

Haha. So basically, you > INTP's. Wonderful job of doing the exact same thing that you are accusing them of doing.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
I'm just saying that normally a person would direct the "that's not important" attitude towards their natural qualities because you learn them naturally and they don't need to be worked on and that "This is what's really important" attitude be directed towards the qualities that don't come naturally because they need your most attention since they need the most work. When somebody flips this it just comes off as a way to hide the fact that you don't want to work hard on anything.

INTPs seem to make what comes naturally to them seem important and anything that doesn't they act as of it is not important. In other words, of it's easy it's important, if it's hard forget it. What is this type willing to work hard on?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
INTPs seem to make what comes naturally to them seem important and anything that doesn't they act as of it is not important. In other words, of it's easy it's important, if it's hard forget it. What is this type willing to work hard on?

You do realise it is called cognitive preference?

btw, I'm not INTP.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's just a matter of perspective. INTP's work hard on reaching answers and truths, only to discard them and move on once those answers and truths are found. Our very natural ability to achieve this is what is important to us. Because otherwise we would not be very good at it. It's not about "if its easy it's important and if it's hard forget it" at all. We either do it if we believe there is profit in it/if it peaks our interest or we do not do it at all. Wether it's hard or not, is not an issue. In fact, I would go as far as saying there isn't anything that is actually hard to do for us, as long as we have interest in it.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Take that INTP attitude and direct it towards something else and you can see what their doing.

Say the back wall of my house falls but instead of fixing it I repaint the other 3 walls. I work on the front yard and when someone comes over and says hey your house looks great but it's missing the back wall. Are you going to fix that? And I say nah.

Why?

Because man, back walls are not important. No one can even see the back wall. I fact you're stupid for putting a back wall. I wouldn't waste my time on something so stupid and pointless as a back wall. its all about the front wall and the yard man. I mean sure everyone else has back walls but not everybody got a front yard like mine and that's want really matters.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take that INTP attitude and direct it towards something else and you can see what their doing.

Say the back wall of my house falls but instead of fixing it I repaint the other 3 walls. I work on the front yard and when someone comes over and says hey your house looks great but it's missing the back wall. Are you going to fix that? And I say nah.

Why?

Because man, back walls are not important. No one can even see the back wall. I fact you're stupid for putting a back wall. I wouldn't waste my time on something so stupid and pointless as a back wall. its all about the front wall and the yard man. I mean sure everyone else has back walls but not everybody got a front yard like mine and that's want really matters.

Dude, structural integrity.

I'd hire someone to fix it for me.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm just saying that normally a person would direct the "that's not important" attitude towards their natural qualities because you learn them naturally and they don't need to be worked on and that "This is what's really important" attitude be directed towards the qualities that don't come naturally because they need your most attention since they need the most work. When somebody flips this it just comes off as a way to hide the fact that you don't want to work hard on anything.

All types do this. The SJ's that I know are really hard workers. And they will say "Hard work is very important." The SP's that I know do a really good job of having fun and enjoying life. And they will tell you, "It's very important to enjoy life to the fullest." NT's are good at thinking about things, analyzing, strategy, learning, etc. And they will also tell you that these things are important. NF's are great at being compassionate, empathetic, having concern for others, loving people, etc. And they will tell you that these things are very important.

Also, you shouldn't think that all INTP's are intellectual fat heads who incapable of doing anything of meaning or value in the world. I've worked hard at a lot of things in life, as I'm sure many other INTP's have. Just like everyone else in this world, we serve in the military, earn degrees, hold down jobs, lend a listening ear to friends, work hard at our relationships (even though we know we struggle at it sometimes), etc.

In summary, I really have no clue what you're talking about.