INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yeah man

...Damn you. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost non of their personality.

What eva what eva INTP do what they wan!!
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost none of their personality.

I sometimes wonder if learning didn't come so naturally to them would they have been unwilling to learn? It's as if they developed that trait as a survival technique. Without that what would they have? How would they function I wonder?
    Haha. So basically, you > INTP's. Wonderful job of doing the exact same thing that you are accusing them of doing.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    INTPs are like yeah man
    INTJs are like nah man

Sometimes the roles change but that's all you really need to know.
    Haha. That's funny. Kinda true too.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I'm just saying that normally a person would direct the "that's not important" attitude towards their natural qualities because you learn them naturally and they don't need to be worked on and that "This is what's really important" attitude be directed towards the qualities that don't come naturally because they need your most attention since they need the most work. When somebody flips this it just comes off as a way to hide the fact that you don't want to work hard on anything.

INTPs seem to make what comes naturally to them seem important and anything that doesn't they act as of it is not important. In other words, of it's easy it's important, if it's hard forget it. What is this type willing to work hard on?

Banned

INTPs seem to make what comes naturally to them seem important and anything that doesn't they act as of it is not important. In other words, of it's easy it's important, if it's hard forget it. What is this type willing to work hard on?
    You do realise it is called cognitive preference?

btw, I'm not INTP.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That's just a matter of perspective. INTP's work hard on reaching answers and truths, only to discard them and move on once those answers and truths are found. Our very natural ability to achieve this is what is important to us. Because otherwise we would not be very good at it. It's not about "if its easy it's important and if it's hard forget it" at all. We either do it if we believe there is profit in it/if it peaks our interest or we do not do it at all. Wether it's hard or not, is not an issue. In fact, I would go as far as saying there isn't anything that is actually hard to do for us, as long as we have interest in it.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Take that INTP attitude and direct it towards something else and you can see what their doing.

Say the back wall of my house falls but instead of fixing it I repaint the other 3 walls. I work on the front yard and when someone comes over and says hey your house looks great but it's missing the back wall. Are you going to fix that? And I say nah.

Why?

Because man, back walls are not important. No one can even see the back wall. I fact you're stupid for putting a back wall. I wouldn't waste my time on something so stupid and pointless as a back wall. its all about the front wall and the yard man. I mean sure everyone else has back walls but not everybody got a front yard like mine and that's want really matters.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Take that INTP attitude and direct it towards something else and you can see what their doing.

Say the back wall of my house falls but instead of fixing it I repaint the other 3 walls. I work on the front yard and when someone comes over and says hey your house looks great but it's missing the back wall. Are you going to fix that? And I say nah.

Why?

Because man, back walls are not important. No one can even see the back wall. I fact you're stupid for putting a back wall. I wouldn't waste my time on something so stupid and pointless as a back wall. its all about the front wall and the yard man. I mean sure everyone else has back walls but not everybody got a front yard like mine and that's want really matters.
    Dude, structural integrity.

I'd hire someone to fix it for me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm just saying that normally a person would direct the "that's not important" attitude towards their natural qualities because you learn them naturally and they don't need to be worked on and that "This is what's really important" attitude be directed towards the qualities that don't come naturally because they need your most attention since they need the most work. When somebody flips this it just comes off as a way to hide the fact that you don't want to work hard on anything.

All types do this. The SJ's that I know are really hard workers. And they will say "Hard work is very important." The SP's that I know do a really good job of having fun and enjoying life. And they will tell you, "It's very important to enjoy life to the fullest." NT's are good at thinking about things, analyzing, strategy, learning, etc. And they will also tell you that these things are important. NF's are great at being compassionate, empathetic, having concern for others, loving people, etc. And they will tell you that these things are very important.

Also, you shouldn't think that all INTP's are intellectual fat heads who incapable of doing anything of meaning or value in the world. I've worked hard at a lot of things in life, as I'm sure many other INTP's have. Just like everyone else in this world, we serve in the military, earn degrees, hold down jobs, lend a listening ear to friends, work hard at our relationships (even though we know we struggle at it sometimes), etc.

In summary, I really have no clue what you're talking about.