User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ And the "big messes" we often encounter are *one of* the reasons we continue to retreat into our own heads. At least for me, these so-called "messes" are a big barrier to using Ne more often.

Not saying it's right to retreat as often as we do. Just saying that Ti just feels so smooth and uncomplicated compared to all the misunderstandings/people not getting my humor or train-of-thought.

Someone mentioned that we are "philosophers". So, I might be on my lunch break listening to 2 colleagues argue about whether eating right OR exercising is more vital to overall health/feeling good. One says eat right and you'll feel good. Period. It's that simple. "It's common sense," he says. The other says to eat until your heart is content, but lots of exercising to burn it off is the key. After 5 minutes of listening, I might cut in with something such as, "Like most things in life, I think it's a matter of balancing the 2 together. And while you're at it, you should get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water. It's not going to be one factor. It's going to be a combination of these things. It's about balance and moderation."

Then the strange looks.

This happens not just with strangers, but with family/friends/co-workers too. The reactions/facial expressions range from "who is this arrogant dude? He thinks he knows everything (a.k.a. "thanks, Einstein")" to just confused stares.

Sometimes I think, "why did I even open my mouth?" I should have just kept reading my magazine and shut up. Let them hash it out. I wasn't trying to *be* any certain way (arrogant, a jerk, nosy) - that's just this INTP trying to be social. That's the thought that comes to my head in that instance and so to say anything else would be "not me".

I've heard other INTP's say that they sometimes have to tailor or reshape their thoughts before they say them so that they'll be received favorably. To constantly try to filter what comes out of your mouth in order to avoid the strange stares can be a lot of work/draining.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    the difference is that intj's have a way cooler description with a bunch of cocky ego boosting special moving mountains nonsense added to it.
    this made me crack a smile.
    because INTJ's are awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

if you really want to find out how much INTP you have in you all you have to do is join INTPc. The members on that forum might vary IRL but INTPc is not real life. It's a forum that is only interested in the INTP version of you a nothing else. Try to express the other aspects of you and see if it's embraced in the same way. The forum understands that there is more to you but they don't want to hear it. They want INTP type answers and nothing else.

So join INTPc and see how long you can stand it. The longer you can, the more INTP you are. That might not be a good thing though because if you fit right in that will mean you are a very solid and generic INTP and that makes you less unique and more part of a group. For some people that's what they always wanted and to other that would sound like hell. But at least you will know for sure how much INTP you are.

If you try It let me know how it turned out for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    if you really want to find out how much INTP you have in you all you have to do is join INTPc. The members on that forum might vary IRL but INTPc is not real life. It's a forum that is only interested in the INTP version of you a nothing else. Try to express the other aspects of you and see if it's embraced in the same way. The forum understands that there is more to you but they don't want to hear it. They want INTP type answers and nothing else.

So join INTPc and see how long you can stand it. The longer you can, the more INTP you are. That might not be a good thing though because if you fit right in that will mean you are a very solid and generic INTP and that makes you less unique and more part of a group. For some people that's what they always wanted and to other that would sound like hell. But at least you will know for sure how much INTP you are.

If you try It let me know how it turned out for you.

INTP Necropost

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

What is this about INTP's having a bad sense of humor?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

INTPs are like yeah man
    INTJs are like nah man

Sometimes the roles change but that's all you really need to know.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    INTPs are like yeah man
    INTJs are like nah man

Sometimes the roles change but that's all you really need to know.
    Nah man.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    INTPs are like yeah man
    INTJs are like nah man
    Analytical psychology solved. Time to pack our backs and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Nah man.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

INTP Necropost
    INTPs sound so much better on paper. Why give so much great qualities to a person who is completely incapable of ever using it. Not only are they clueless as to what to do with it but also unwilling to do shit with it. Then to have this fuck you personality would be so much more understandable if they actually worked hard at accomplishing these qualities but the fact that it comes naturally to them just screams douchbaggery. It's like being born into money but acting as if you earned it. I share a lot of the same qualities but almost none of their personality.

I sometimes wonder if learning didn't come so naturally to them would they have been unwilling to learn? It's as if they developed that trait as a survival technique. Without that what would they have? How would they function I wonder?