User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    If you pay your bills in time and your house is clean, chances are you're an INTJ, if not probably INTP.
    What if you pay your bills on time but your house is a pit?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Is INTJ humor more goofy and nonsensical while INTP humor is more ironic and subtle or is it the other way around?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by yoginimama View Post
    What if you pay your bills on time but your house is a pit?
    Yeah, I'm in the same situation; I can't figure out if I'm an INTP or INTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    If you pay your bills in time and your house is clean, chances are you're an INTJ, if not probably INTP.
    Heh, by this I'm definitely a P.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the same situation; I can't figure out if I'm an INTP or INTJ.
    I've heard that, very often, other types have a difficult time following INTPs. The INTP will think, erroneously, that they're on the same page with everyone else and make statements which seem to come out of left field. Then there will be a big mess sorting out at what point the underlying assumptions diverged.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yeah^. I sometimes say things that seem to come out of left field, but my head just makes connections too quickly, so I can make like three logical leaps away from the topic and make a comment based on the third degree.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuwanatom View Post
    I've met an INTP and an INTJ physicists and boy, do they inhabit different worlds.

The INTP guy does some really hard-core maths, coupled with a very philosophical approach to his science. He's interested in fundamental physics, why we are here, how did we get here, building coherent mega theory-of-everything logical structures. He is a very nice guy, charming in a goofy mysterious way. Once he worked on a single publication for a whole year, which he claims no one reads because it turned out embarrassingly impenetrable (unless you are another INTP). He's a pretty big guy in his field, but he has like. . . no students and no post-docs, only collaborators. He encourages a lot of reading (i.e. taking in information), and he himself reads A LOT.

The INTJ guy is very results-oriented. He likes to say learning is important but you need to get some results *insert terrifying war commando aura*. He's almost a publishing house, and he has this somewhat... aggressive feel to him. Like... even when he's nice and stuff, there's a bite to it and Ps like me feel a bit like we've got to watch out. He thinks theory-of-everything/interpretations of quantum mechanics/etc. stuff is "interesting" but ultimately useless. He has these quirky ideas that go against the grain but he can argue for them till he turns red and blue and ultimately the other person caves in from either agreeing with him or from sheer terror+fatigue.
    But usually these quirky ideas end up being pretty much on the ball.
    He is also very very precise, and he hates when people waffle. Unlike the somewhat impenetrable publications of the INTP, he writes tersely, to the point, precisely and confidently. When you read his stuff, there's none of the philosophical ramblings and complicated wordings of the INTP, but more of a: THIS IS IT FOOLS, YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE. Usually there will also be an I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG, AND THIS IS WHY.
    This is an awesome example of the two extremes, however note that not everyone' s preferences or J and P for that matter are this developped/extremized.

For instance I'm pretty cusped... Which makes up for a more mixed kind of (externalization of) personality.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuwanatom View Post
    The INTJ guy is very results-oriented. He likes to say learning is important but you need to get some results *insert terrifying war commando aura*. He's almost a publishing house, and he has this somewhat... aggressive feel to him. Like... even when he's nice and stuff, there's a bite to it and Ps like me feel a bit like we've got to watch out. He thinks theory-of-everything/interpretations of quantum mechanics/etc. stuff is "interesting" but ultimately useless. He has these quirky ideas that go against the grain but he can argue for them till he turns red and blue and ultimately the other person caves in from either agreeing with him or from sheer terror+fatigue.
    But usually these quirky ideas end up being pretty much on the ball.
    He is also very very precise, and he hates when people waffle. Unlike the somewhat impenetrable publications of the INTP, he writes tersely, to the point, precisely and confidently. When you read his stuff, there's none of the philosophical ramblings and complicated wordings of the INTP, but more of a: THIS IS IT FOOLS, YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE. Usually there will also be an I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG, AND THIS IS WHY.
    What makes this guy specifically INTJ rather than ISTJ? I agree it sounds specifically TJ, but the other letters didn't stand out based on the description.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I think INTP's would be less conflicting than an INTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by yoginimama View Post
    I've heard that, very often, other types have a difficult time following INTPs. The INTP will think, erroneously, that they're on the same page with everyone else and make statements which seem to come out of left field. Then there will be a big mess sorting out at what point the underlying assumptions diverged.