Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    There are so many pages on this, I'll try to say something new since I have male friends matching your types. Looking THEM apart from what mbti says on it in theory, although it's not different, I can say

INTJ - more uptight, more in control, more in the future, more planning going on. Sense of humor is different , very little facial expression, cracking jokes with poker face on. Seem more lost in interpersonal relationships, not preoccupied with socializing. Usually more successful in education and carrier. More reliable and predictable. Very smart but can be boring and cold representing it.

INTP- warmer and more casual approach to everything. Hilarious and playful. Not really carring about carrier as long as they have something important to them going on. Their hobbies are pretty weird which is great, often they don't make sense but it doesn't matter. More in tune with their emotions. Usually have more friends, yet still it is just few. I feel at ease with them while not knowing what's going to happen next. Personally, I find them ingenious and very loyal too but in a more fun and interesting way.
    Last I checked, it's INTPs who lead with Ti, making INTPs less emotional and more logical than INTJs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Last I checked, it's INTPs who lead with Ti, making INTPs less emotional and more logical than INTJs.
    This would be true, if they didn't have their Ne pumping silly dust into their brain.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTPs make greater thinkers, and INTJs make greater scientists.

A lot of people therefore into physics must be INTJ, and a lot of people into philosophy must be INTP, and cosmology, being the synthesis of the 2 I guess could be either.

INTPs make greater thinkers, and INTJs make greater scientists.

A lot of people therefore into physics must be INTJ, and a lot of people into philosophy must be INTP, and cosmology, being the synthesis of the 2 I guess could be either.
    Your inductive reasoning is impeccable.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I agree, we are probably more inwardly emotional (tert Fi > inf Fe), but externally INTPs usually appear more approachable and even friendly. INTPs are more purely logical, while INTJs focus on applied logic: "does it work?" as the saying goes.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Why are you contrasting being smarter with having a better sense of humor?
    I was going to ask the same thing. But I agree with the other things. Knowing people of both types, but I often peg INTJ's as INTP's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Perhaps we could compare and contrast an INTP historical figure with an INTJ historical figure, like for INTP we could use einstein and da vinci, and for INTJ we could use newton and Tesla (Tesla's typing is very controversial.)

I guess the biggest differences bewtween them is einstein/da vinci were more interested in learning, and tesla/newton did what works. Other than that the only other thing I can think of is that the intps here are more questioning of themselves and their own ideas, and the intjs were more self-assured.

Based on what I am typing, INTPs have been cast in a brighter light than INTJs, but perhaps someone will debunk what I said.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Even better: It is impossible to prove it either way.

You say: INTJs like X, INTPs like Y. Then you test people and some like X and some like Y. How can you decide whether INTJs like X or Y if your definition of an INTJ is that he likes X? You cannot. You end where you began. One might say that liking X is not the only thing that makes an INTJ, but all those other things are just other 'likes X' problems. And what you are asking in this case is whether people who like X really do like X.

A better question is: Do people who like X also like A, B, and C? The names are irrelevant.
    I have empirical evidence that INTJs like me and INTPs don't.

Ergo. We have a winner!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I have empirical evidence that INTJs like me and INTPs don't.

Ergo. We have a winner!
    What about Eric the Moron?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    What about Eric the Moron?
    Or the new INTP who asked me on a second date and now has disappeared?