User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

INTJ descriptions and photos: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ry/41-ILI-INTp
    INTP descirptions and photos: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ry/46-LII-INTj

They also have different thinking styles: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    how to spot the difference, visually:
    INTPs have a more unkempt appearance.
    INTJs typically look quite neat by comparison.
    I completely agree.

My fiance is an INTJ. He is never unkempt. Laces are done a certain way. He is always prepared and buttoned up, for any meeting. He oversees people, gets stuff done, or more precisely, he gets people to get stuff done, is sort of the shepherd dog. He needs to be occupied, though he can be very lazy during his 'off' times. If he doesn't have a project, he is fine at first, then goes nuts. Very neat and very particular with his space, very focused when working.

My INTJ has a great knack at hanging pictures up. Months later, he will re-organize the pictures and declare the new version 'better'.

My boss is an INTP. He looks like an absent-minded professor, with hair going one way or another. A kindly man BUT can be very exacting and has a memory like a bear trap. If employees show emotion or there is an emotional issue in the office, he is flummoxed. He can seem incredibly indecisive, but I think it's more like his working toward a theoretical ideal. Can sometimes seem like he's in another world. Is very likeable to clients.

My INTJ is very likeable, too, and comes across as an extrovert. The difference is definitely the J. Both are fast drivers; the INTP is more reckless. The difference is, the INTJ swears at everyone else on the road.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

INTPs are fat nerds. INTJs are scrawny nerds.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

deleted

People, people. Don't rehash Keirsey. Learn the functions. :tsk:

INTPs argue logic. They will analyze and pick apart all the different sides to look for the reason behind them. They'll register, often instinctively, if something like a bit of knowledge or procedure is correct or not. They easily find flaws and orient themselves and others not to make them. They rely on their logic for everything.

character examples: L from 'Death Note', Walter White from 'Breaking Bad', Daria Morgendorffer

INTJs argue ideas. They will describe the insights of their imagination, and what pops up as a more complete image they think could very well be right. They're comfortable with the new and original, and are not afraid to stand opposite to common knowledge and promote change. They rely on their intuition for everything.

character examples: Light from 'Death Note', Brian Griffin from 'Family Guy', Dr. House

I tend to not agree with a number of statements here about INTPs vs INTJs: in summary "INTPs are calm and thoughtful theorists with nothing to lose but time," "INTJs are resolute know-it-alls and tend towards action and strategy." I can go on about them here but kept it succinct.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Intps are a lot less conformist generally. Intjs are more driven generally.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTP - The Detached Philosopher - The Sophisticated Mathematician - The Thoughtful Analyst, The Architect
    INTJ - The Supergenius Scientist - The Intuitive Visionary - The Determined Strategist, The Mastermind

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    INTPs are fat nerds. INTJs are scrawny nerds.
    Pssh. Tell that to... well, me.

EDIT: obviously the nerd part is accurate.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    [i]INTPs argue logic. They will analyze and pick apart all the different sides to look for the reason behind them. They'll register, often instinctively, if something like a bit of knowledge or procedure is correct or not. They easily find flaws and orient themselves and others not to make them. They rely on their logic for everything.
    This is pretty accurate. Good job.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    INTPs argue logic. [...] INTJs argue ideas.
    I like this a lot.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

According to the INTJ forum debate of INTPs Vs. INTJs, INTPs are the ones who argue theoretical ideas and INTJs are the ones who seek a practical application. After all, the INTP philosopher stereotype seems to be more idea oriented than the INTJ scientist stereotype of experimentation.

I would like somebody to prove this wrong with empirical evidence.

Also where do ISTPs come into play in this argument, because not only do a lot of INTPs identify with INTJs, but a lot of INTPs (including myself) also identify with ISTP!