• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP is 1%??

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
1%? What's your source on that? Most data I've seen puts INTPs as the most common NT type, usually around 4% of the population. (and up to 7% of the male population)

i would've thought the most common was entp. aren't extraverts more common than introverts, meaning that the brain is more likely to develop connections thats makes one extraverted, hence the ntp brain (or any brain) usually goes E? but of couse there could be some tendency that if the brain is going NTPish it usualy goes I. who knows, all these statistics keep contradicting each other, so screw em. INs are more likely to take a perosnality test anyway, so that scews results.
my own personal statisitcs puts intj's as the least common rational, entp's the most and entj's second.

You haven't seen yourself from the outside. If you were to meet yourself on the street can you be certain that you would recognise yourself as an INTP.
We are not a type to wear our personalities on our sleeves, rather we will commonly try to adapt to the situation at hand.

the one other, possible two other intps i've met screamed intp (im sure i do to). one was just a stranger who said about 2 sentences/ 6 words and i was absolutley convinced he was intp just because he shared such things as my habits of speach. the one knew better, i always knew that he was like me, even before i discovered mbti.
perhaps the chameleon thing doesn't work against other intps, they know the signs, they relate to well. or perhaps the chameleon thing is more about getting along with others rather than a shift in personality. ive tucked away my own Ti, why shouldn't i recognise when another is doing it - we should both behaving in a similar way. if we were with the same person, would to chameleon-ing intps still behave in a similar fashion?
but that's just my experience.

My university campus has a total of around 3000 people. I'd say there's more of a dozen of us here.

Of course, what's the odds of spotting them? INTP students rarely come out of their room.

we're not widely connected either.

Last edited:

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
We INTP's are a dying breed, with good reason, IE Everyone* ****ing hates us.

*Everyone is a vague term, meaning 'Most People', in this case.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
We INTP's are a dying breed, with good reason, IE Everyone* ****ing hates us.

*Everyone is a vague term, meaning 'Most People', in this case.

Nah, they're just jealous of our superior thinking ability.

Onward for science!

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
its neat to be part of such a small population

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
I go to college about 14,000 and I'm sure their are some INTP but I have not met anyone during two years i been here.

I'd understand if you were talking about other students, but not professors. When I was in college, nearly half my Econ and Math teachers were INTP.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Well, sometimes I feel it's not nice to have a rare personality type, fx in my life I've met and noticed few male ENTPs and one (I must say really adorable :wubbie:) INTP male, but no females (where the hell are you hiding, ladies?). Of both of these types. It's just kinda sad and it makes my life harder in some way, because as an extrovert I feel like I have to socialize, but socializing with people who doesn't understand you or thinks that you're nuts can still be entertaining in some way, but mostly it's just boring or annoying and makes you feel even more lonely and desperate. So I wish we were more, then more people would probably understand us.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I totally disagree with INTP is about 1%. That means 1/100 is INTP. That's bullshi#. My high school was about 1500 and I have never met anyone like me! I go to college about 14,000 and I'm sure their are some INTP but I have not met anyone during two years i been here. So what are your beliefs on this?

Yeah sorry, but your type is not THAT rare and special. And just because you haven't run into anybody "like you" doesn't mean you've never found another INTP. What's with the INTP superiority complex anyway? Just go look at reddit; that website alone proves that there's a multitude of you guys to go around.

Anyway, I've heard from one source that INTP is the rarest type for females, but most sources say INFJ is the rarest overall. And most sources say INTPs are about 2-3%. Get off your high horse. I'd expect to find 1 INTP out of a random 100 people for sure; it's a completely believable stat.

the killer potatoe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I personally could see it as a viable stat, I know a few of us,(all of which are nedy guys.)

Because we're special? :happy0065:
Or the Introversion might have something to do with it, i.e; it's cool to be out of the majority.

Settoken

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think it widely depends of the culture, the social rank and the generation.
Sure we're not a big part of the population, such as those f**** guardians lol
but we're not so rare.
I agree with them ENTP, there seems to be a real immature superiority complex in our type...

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I think it widely depends of the culture, the social rank and the generation.
Sure we're not a big part of the population, such as those f**** guardians lol
but we're not so rare.
I agree with them ENTP, there seems to be a real immature superiority complex in our type...

You cant be serious, entps always tries to seem better than others, so they whine when some others really are better. They cant be taken serious.

All jokes aside, I dont think that I feel superior to others, I just tolerate other peoples lack of intelligence. And disregard them more often when topics fall on things where they have a trackrecord of failure. But I do see some immature intps doing it ofcourse but that shows in all the types.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well, maybe it's the assumption about your own intelligence that's the issue in the first place. Some people confuse being more celebral than average with being the smartest cookie in the jar, and that's just not the right way to grow the fuck up.

and yeah, entps are totally show offs and so on, but it's mostly just a game like everything else, and as such "we" (gross generalization) don't take it seriously.

On the bright side ofc, I do adore alot of you guys, and i'm not the only one, so cheer up.

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
I meet INTPs everywhere, im a fucking INTP magnet. Where have all the INTPs gone? Aparently, my area.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I find myself melding my personality to fit with whoever I'm with and the situation I'm in. So I'm sure I could be unrecognizably INTP.....

Schaph

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
5w6
I totally disagree with INTP is about 1%. That means 1/100 is INTP. That's bullshi#. My high school was about 1500 and I have never met anyone like me! I go to college about 14,000 and I'm sure their are some INTP but I have not met anyone during two years i been here. So what are your beliefs on this?

FORA.tv - Robin Dunbar: How Many Friends Does One Person Need?

total population {high school, college} = {1500, 14,000}
total known population = 150
** constant, assume everyone you know is a student at your school
core group = 5, 100% chance of correct identification
mid group = 10, 75%
outer group = 135, 50%​
total INTP known = 1.5
** assume 1% are INTP
1.5 [5/150(1) + 10/150(0.75) + 135/150(0.5)] = 0.8, correctly identified as INTP​

Science. It works, bitches.

Last edited:

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah sorry, but your type is not THAT rare and special. And just because you haven't run into anybody "like you" doesn't mean you've never found another INTP. What's with the INTP superiority complex anyway? Just go look at reddit; that website alone proves that there's a multitude of you guys to go around.

Anyway, I've heard from one source that INTP is the rarest type for females, but most sources say INFJ is the rarest overall. And most sources say INTPs are about 2-3%. Get off your high horse. I'd expect to find 1 INTP out of a random 100 people for sure; it's a completely believable stat.

I think it's more like 4%.

I meet INTPs everywhere, im a fucking INTP magnet. Where have all the INTPs gone? Aparently, my area.

location counts. from what I've been able to loosely glean and correlate the range 1-4% is valid where the highest region wise gets to 4 and worldwide drops to 1. College campuses do seem to have a higher percentage grouped more closely together.

Unique

Thats only 15 INTPs in a fairly large amount of people + introversion + day dreaming = pretty hard to find