Thread: INTP is 1%??

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    1%? What's your source on that? Most data I've seen puts INTPs as the most common NT type, usually around 4% of the population. (and up to 7% of the male population)
    i would've thought the most common was entp. aren't extraverts more common than introverts, meaning that the brain is more likely to develop connections thats makes one extraverted, hence the ntp brain (or any brain) usually goes E? but of couse there could be some tendency that if the brain is going NTPish it usualy goes I. who knows, all these statistics keep contradicting each other, so screw em. INs are more likely to take a perosnality test anyway, so that scews results.
    my own personal statisitcs puts intj's as the least common rational, entp's the most and entj's second.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    You haven't seen yourself from the outside. If you were to meet yourself on the street can you be certain that you would recognise yourself as an INTP.
    We are not a type to wear our personalities on our sleeves, rather we will commonly try to adapt to the situation at hand.
    the one other, possible two other intps i've met screamed intp (im sure i do to). one was just a stranger who said about 2 sentences/ 6 words and i was absolutley convinced he was intp just because he shared such things as my habits of speach. the one knew better, i always knew that he was like me, even before i discovered mbti.
    perhaps the chameleon thing doesn't work against other intps, they know the signs, they relate to well. or perhaps the chameleon thing is more about getting along with others rather than a shift in personality. ive tucked away my own Ti, why shouldn't i recognise when another is doing it - we should both behaving in a similar way. if we were with the same person, would to chameleon-ing intps still behave in a similar fashion?
    but that's just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    My university campus has a total of around 3000 people. I'd say there's more of a dozen of us here.

Of course, what's the odds of spotting them? INTP students rarely come out of their room.
    we're not widely connected either.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 10-07-2009 at 12:50 AM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

We INTP's are a dying breed, with good reason, IE Everyone* ****ing hates us.

*Everyone is a vague term, meaning 'Most People', in this case.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    We INTP's are a dying breed, with good reason, IE Everyone* ****ing hates us.

*Everyone is a vague term, meaning 'Most People', in this case.
    Nah, they're just jealous of our superior thinking ability.

Onward for science!
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

its neat to be part of such a small population

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I go to college about 14,000 and I'm sure their are some INTP but I have not met anyone during two years i been here.
    I'd understand if you were talking about other students, but not professors. When I was in college, nearly half my Econ and Math teachers were INTP.

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I prefer statistics to beliefs.
    "Facts are stubborn; statistics are pliable." - Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP

My best friend is an INTP, probably the only other one I know.
    I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    its neat to be part of such a small population
    why?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, sometimes I feel it's not nice to have a rare personality type, fx in my life I've met and noticed few male ENTPs and one (I must say really adorable ) INTP male, but no females (where the hell are you hiding, ladies?). Of both of these types. It's just kinda sad and it makes my life harder in some way, because as an extrovert I feel like I have to socialize, but socializing with people who doesn't understand you or thinks that you're nuts can still be entertaining in some way, but mostly it's just boring or annoying and makes you feel even more lonely and desperate. So I wish we were more, then more people would probably understand us.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I totally disagree with INTP is about 1%. That means 1/100 is INTP. That's bullshi#. My high school was about 1500 and I have never met anyone like me! I go to college about 14,000 and I'm sure their are some INTP but I have not met anyone during two years i been here. So what are your beliefs on this?
    Yeah sorry, but your type is not THAT rare and special. And just because you haven't run into anybody "like you" doesn't mean you've never found another INTP. What's with the INTP superiority complex anyway? Just go look at reddit; that website alone proves that there's a multitude of you guys to go around.

Anyway, I've heard from one source that INTP is the rarest type for females, but most sources say INFJ is the rarest overall. And most sources say INTPs are about 2-3%. Get off your high horse. I'd expect to find 1 INTP out of a random 100 people for sure; it's a completely believable stat.