• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP parents

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I'm INTP but my parents are not! Am i the only one INTP who has to suffer this?

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Both of your posts are pointless and is not related to the post. You guys are as@holes. if you find this post stupid just don't post anything.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both of your posts are pointless and is not related to the post. You guys are as@holes. if you find this post stupid just don't post anything.

I find the original post lame. This one however, is stupid.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I find you pretty pathetic. I will no longer read what you have to say. have a nice one

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm INTP but my parents are not! Am i the only one INTP who has to suffer this?

WTF. Yeah, I reckon it'd be pretty rare if you and both your parents were all the same type. Now get a grip and stop bitching.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
all i'm saying is that it's hard to live with someone who disagree with you on everything even i'm right.

93JC

I have the same feelings, although I've never really had a problem with it.

Learn to humour people. That's the only advice I have. Either that or ignore people, but I don't think it's a healthy option.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
m8marq.jpg

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Most people on here seem to have at least one SJ parent. ISTJ seems pretty common. ISTJ parents are decidedly evil and impossible to get along with.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My youngest son feels your pain. I make him go to school, do his homework, limit his consumption of sweets, encourage the consumption of some healthy foods, you get the idea.

It is hard not to spoil him because he is so cute and sweet, but I try not to over do it because I don't want to still be supporting him when he's thirty, or worse, have him believing he's the center of the universe and treating people like crap.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
or worse, have him believing he's the center of the universe and treating people like crap
My parents were tough on me. But It doesn't matter how harsh u raise your kid, if he's INTP he's going to believe he's the center of the universe no matter what. Still to this day, they always tell me to stop thinking your better than everyone eles.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My parents were tough on me. But It doesn't matter how harsh u raise your kid, if he's INTP he's going to believe he's the center of the universe no matter what. Still to this day, they always tell me to stop thinking your better than everyone eles.
Not necessarily. They think they are smarter than everyone else. Often they are right and I can live with that as long as it's not obnoxious. But nobody, no matter how smart, how rich, how talented, or how beautiful has a right to treat other people badly.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I don't think INTP would never treat someone badly for no reason. I for example only treat someone bad if they don't have manners or disrespected someone.

I do put myself first though cause i'm more "important" than most people but it doesn't mean i treat them badly.

My parents are
ISTP
INFT

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think INTP would never treat someone badly for no reason. I for example only treat someone bad if they don't have manners or disrespected someone.

I do put myself first though cause i'm more "important" than most people but it doesn't mean i treat them badly.
I'm not sure a very spoiled person realizes when they are treating someone badly. They always think they have a good reason if they are being obnoxious.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Not necessarily. They think they are smarter than everyone else. Often they are right and I can live with that as long as it's not obnoxious. But nobody, no matter how smart, how rich, how talented, or how beautiful has a right to treat other people badly.

I like you. :hug: You have inspired me to be good from now on. Not that I will actually achieve that...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Most people on here seem to have at least one SJ parent. ISTJ seems pretty common. ISTJ parents are decidedly evil and impossible to get along with.

ISTJ? Nonsense. I was raised by an ISFJ mother and a father whose type I'm unsure about. (but I'm thinking ISTP) On second thought, I might be raised by an ISFJ-ISTJ couple.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
My youngest son feels your pain. I make him go to school, do his homework, limit his consumption of sweets, encourage the consumption of some healthy foods, you get the idea.

:rofl1:

Yeah, but seriously, a lot of SJ parents and the like who tend to rub INTP children the wrong way are just trying to apply their own methods of guidance for the kid. Once the INTP is older and can fall out of the "child" role in the parent-child relationship, this will become much clearer and you will find that they had good intentions. They were just rather naive and blind to how INTPs would like to be understood, which shouldn't be news to the INTP :newwink:

dorcus0

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs are a tiny part of the population, and it's unlikely that your parents will also be INTP. You're not the only INTP "suffering", don't be so full of yourself.

I had an ESxJ dad, and we didn't exactly have the best of relationships, to put it mildly. He did his best to bring me up, and I appreciate him for that - I can't realistically ask for more empathy and the like, because he already has tried his best to empathize with me. (not that he tried particularly hard, but it was still a good effort...)