• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Screw her or confront her????

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's a more long term view. Let this nasty little incident inform you. Now you will always copy someone else when you send her, or someone like her, your good work. If you are ever in a leadership position in your career you will also be able to spot a snake like her and not be fooled.

If you have more good work in you, spend your time on that. You're too good to waste your time on plots that ultimately diminish your own personal dignity and integrity, no matter how delicious they are. Unless of course you can find a voodoo practitioner.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
P.S. I also like Happyman's idea and the suggestion of the witty remark with the straight look in the eye.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I love all of your ideas (great creativity, wonderful hatred :D ).

Now, I'm gonna play old, boring 'J' who's been there. (I worked in HR actually for quite some time). What I'd do is this:

Come up to her, told her that you know (it doesn't matter that she knows, that you know - by telling this you make things clear) and say something like:
- OK, you owe me. What can I expect from you in return for this?

I think it's the best way to go and you'll be 'double-winning' since some executives know that it was your idea. You'll get the credit (believe me, it will spread that it was your idea) and she'll owe you. Not to mention that she'll know that you can stand for yourself and it probably won't ever happen again. You'll have your revenge too, since she probably thought she totally got away with it already.

That's all. Peace out. Extraverted Feeling in action. ;)

The only problem with this, and it's not a bad idea, is that she's proven that she's willing to use cutthroat tactics to get ahead. By trying to negotiate, you're in a way assenting to the behavior, since she knows that if she placates you through something that is unimportant to her but important to you, she can keep doing this with relatively little penalty. Not only this, it opens her up to the knowledge that you are a threat, and thus she'll be more likely to act to counteract that threat, through various office politics bullshit.

However, by taking her down and undermining her credibility, you've dealt an overwhelmingly disproportionate counterstrike. She'll know that crossing you is going to hurt her a lot more than it will you, and this will serve as a deterrent. At the very least, she won't be pulling anything as blatant as taking credit for someone else's work.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the healthiest option is probably to confront her about it, CALMLY. Maybe she has an explanation. If her explanation is unsatisfactory let her know (again, calmly), and then just watch your back from now on. The good thing is that she has shown her true colours (assuming no explanation) on a fairly minor piece of work, and gotten little real credit for it if your superiors know what's really going on. She might've waited for a more important piece of work to steal and covered her tracks better. At least now you know that you can't trust her and can make sure you leave a paper-trail with your work.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
This reminds me of a situation a few years backwhere one coworker said to me about our boss, "He's a snake in the grass. But he's a stupid snake in the grass."

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'd confront her in a very calm but entirely smartassy way. for instance, after finishing my next project, i'd pretend to be handing it to her while saying, "welp, done with that! shall i go ahead and put your name on it or would you like to do the honors?"

either one, she'll get the point and back off, or two (which i'd personally hope for), she'll actually be ballsy enough to reach out for it. to which i'd reply, "uh... stupid?" while dramatically yanking it back.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
She's an outside consultant that lifted work from a long time staffer? That's worrisome. How could such a person not be ready for confrontation and armed with histrionics and bluster? She's seeking, in effect, is she not, to disconnect you from your employers? (Not that she necessarily knows that's what she's doing, but that's the effect when you steal INTJ work.)

Yeah, it's going to be messy. Is there a way to have someone else knee-cap her? Or does she actually have something to contribute?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Screw her !

belastung_der_schraube_3d.jpg

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You are right I shoudn't jeopardise my position: as I said, the plan that she put her name under was not particularry important to me. Still I don't think I can be neutral in the future

Try and get the credit back... walk into your boss/supervisors room and say - wow wat did you think of my plan then start yattering about some of the detail.

Slinging muck at this girl directly it juvinile and likely to backfire on you. If she is a temp she may be trying to get her contract extended etc.

One thing is for sure - why didn't you submit the plan yourself... which is really the heart of the issue... if you had she couldn't have....

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think to take revenge in this situation would be petty and cowardly and done mainly because you're too pussy to confront.

could be the situation's not quite what you thought, but if you confront her then you run the risk of finding that out, and imagine the horror when an INTJ has to admit they've got it all wrong! :ohmy:

Heheh, or it could be that you're right, in which case why are you so afraid to confront her about it?

Either way, whichever you do, she'll probably be annoyed and behave immaturely towards you afterwards. At least if you confronted her honestly and calmly about it, you'd keep the moral high ground.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love all of your ideas (great creativity, wonderful hatred :D ).

Now, I'm gonna play old, boring 'J' who's been there. (I worked in HR actually for quite some time). What I'd do is this:

Come up to her, told her that you know (it doesn't matter that she knows, that you know - by telling this you make things clear) and say something like:
- OK, you owe me. What can I expect from you in return for this?

I think it's the best way to go and you'll be 'double-winning' since some executives know that it was your idea. You'll get the credit (believe me, it will spread that it was your idea) and she'll owe you. Not to mention that she'll know that you can stand for yourself and it probably won't ever happen again. You'll have your revenge too, since she probably thought she totally got away with it already.

That's all. Peace out. Extraverted Feeling in action. ;)

Damn! I need to get me some of that!

Type-typical response in this thread is so interesting.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Haha, yes 'type-typical' is right. I think we have a consensus from the INTJs. What would the other types do?

INTJ: Plot the perfect revenge, which ultimately ends her career.
ENTJ: Plot the perfect revenge, which ultimately ends her career, and makes you look like a rock star.
INTP: Think about plotting the perfect revenge.
ENTP: Plot the perfect revenge. Or maybe three or four methods of revenge. Never execute.
ISTP: Get really pissed off, maybe vent at some co-workers, but forget about it in a few days.
ESTP: Get really pissed off, and confront the girl about it. Forget about it in a few days.
INFP: Think about plotting her doom. Hold a grudge forever.
ISFP: Get upset, but remain outwardly glib. Vent your frustrations with some co-workers in a non-threatening manner.
ENFP: Casually bring it up in conversation. Make her feel bad about it.
ESFP: Get upset, and confront her about it. This will probably involve some crying.
ENFJ: Confront her about it at first. If no recourse is possible, wage war.

Edit: I just noticed I don't have any SJs on my list. What would they do? Maybe consult HR?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Haha, yes 'type-typical' is right. I think we have a consensus from the INTJs. What would the other types do?

INTJ: Plot the perfect revenge, which ultimately ends her career.
ENTJ: Plot the perfect revenge, which ultimately ends her career, and makes you look like a rock star.
INTP: Think about plotting the perfect revenge.
ENTP: Plot the perfect revenge. Or maybe three or four methods of revenge. Never execute.
ISTP: Get really pissed off, maybe vent at some co-workers, but forget about it in a few days.
ESTP: Get really pissed off, and confront the girl about it. Forget about it in a few days.
INFP: Think about plotting her doom. Hold a grudge forever.
ISFP: Get upset, but remain outwardly glib. Vent your frustrations with some co-workers in a non-threatening manner.
ENFP: Casually bring it up in conversation. Make her feel bad about it.
ESFP: Get upset, and confront her about it. This will probably involve some crying.
ENFJ: Confront her about it at first. If no recourse is possible, wage war.

Edit: I just noticed I don't have any SJs on my list. What would they do? Maybe consult HR?

:rofl1: :yim_rolling_on_the_

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
HR don't need to get involved ;)

I have thought long and hard about this. :devil:

Can you not find a fault in your work (lol) so you are able to bring this up to the boss and discuss alternatives.

Then.

Approach her, mention what she did was wrong and tell her that you are going to talk to the boss about it.

Then.

Go and see the boss, tell him about your error (again, lol) whilst she is waiting outside worrying herself that she may possibly lose her job.

Then.

Let her have a heart attack from stress (not life threatening though)

Simple. :D
Disclaimer - There is a reason why i am not the master mind

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I thought this thread was going to be about something completely different...

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I can't explain why someone /she would steal someone elses work. It would shame me!!!! As far as I am concerned it means you have a lack of selfrespect.
What I plan to do is undermine her position so she will lose her job in the company. I can totally do this without getting burnt. But I also feel like a little guilty about that plan. Isn't it an punishment to harsh??

if you do that in a university, you get expelled...and then no other uni will take you

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
screwing her is bad.

question her about it in front of superiors with noone abut you having the prior knowledge of what you are about to do. prove it in front of your bosses that she couldnt have possibly done it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I feel for you. I dislike my ideas stolen, when I have felt the mood of collaboration with someone. It's so small-minded to steal something when you could have a wonderful partnership with someone.