User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Here's a more long term view. Let this nasty little incident inform you. Now you will always copy someone else when you send her, or someone like her, your good work. If you are ever in a leadership position in your career you will also be able to spot a snake like her and not be fooled.

If you have more good work in you, spend your time on that. You're too good to waste your time on plots that ultimately diminish your own personal dignity and integrity, no matter how delicious they are. Unless of course you can find a voodoo practitioner.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    ENTP

P.S. I also like Happyman's idea and the suggestion of the witty remark with the straight look in the eye.
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    I love all of your ideas (great creativity, wonderful hatred ).

Now, I'm gonna play old, boring 'J' who's been there. (I worked in HR actually for quite some time). What I'd do is this:

Come up to her, told her that you know (it doesn't matter that she knows, that you know - by telling this you make things clear) and say something like:
    - OK, you owe me. What can I expect from you in return for this?

I think it's the best way to go and you'll be 'double-winning' since some executives know that it was your idea. You'll get the credit (believe me, it will spread that it was your idea) and she'll owe you. Not to mention that she'll know that you can stand for yourself and it probably won't ever happen again. You'll have your revenge too, since she probably thought she totally got away with it already.

That's all. Peace out. Extraverted Feeling in action.
    The only problem with this, and it's not a bad idea, is that she's proven that she's willing to use cutthroat tactics to get ahead. By trying to negotiate, you're in a way assenting to the behavior, since she knows that if she placates you through something that is unimportant to her but important to you, she can keep doing this with relatively little penalty. Not only this, it opens her up to the knowledge that you are a threat, and thus she'll be more likely to act to counteract that threat, through various office politics bullshit.

However, by taking her down and undermining her credibility, you've dealt an overwhelmingly disproportionate counterstrike. She'll know that crossing you is going to hurt her a lot more than it will you, and this will serve as a deterrent. At the very least, she won't be pulling anything as blatant as taking credit for someone else's work.

MBTI
    INFP

I think the healthiest option is probably to confront her about it, CALMLY. Maybe she has an explanation. If her explanation is unsatisfactory let her know (again, calmly), and then just watch your back from now on. The good thing is that she has shown her true colours (assuming no explanation) on a fairly minor piece of work, and gotten little real credit for it if your superiors know what's really going on. She might've waited for a more important piece of work to steal and covered her tracks better. At least now you know that you can't trust her and can make sure you leave a paper-trail with your work.

MBTI
    ENTP

This reminds me of a situation a few years backwhere one coworker said to me about our boss, "He's a snake in the grass. But he's a stupid snake in the grass."

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i'd confront her in a very calm but entirely smartassy way. for instance, after finishing my next project, i'd pretend to be handing it to her while saying, "welp, done with that! shall i go ahead and put your name on it or would you like to do the honors?"

either one, she'll get the point and back off, or two (which i'd personally hope for), she'll actually be ballsy enough to reach out for it. to which i'd reply, "uh... stupid?" while dramatically yanking it back.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTJ

She's an outside consultant that lifted work from a long time staffer? That's worrisome. How could such a person not be ready for confrontation and armed with histrionics and bluster? She's seeking, in effect, is she not, to disconnect you from your employers? (Not that she necessarily knows that's what she's doing, but that's the effect when you steal INTJ work.)

Yeah, it's going to be messy. Is there a way to have someone else knee-cap her? Or does she actually have something to contribute?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Screw her !

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Luet View Post

You are right I shoudn't jeopardise my position: as I said, the plan that she put her name under was not particularry important to me. Still I don't think I can be neutral in the future
    Try and get the credit back... walk into your boss/supervisors room and say - wow wat did you think of my plan then start yattering about some of the detail.

Slinging muck at this girl directly it juvinile and likely to backfire on you. If she is a temp she may be trying to get her contract extended etc.

One thing is for sure - why didn't you submit the plan yourself... which is really the heart of the issue... if you had she couldn't have....

MBTI
    ENTP

I think to take revenge in this situation would be petty and cowardly and done mainly because you're too pussy to confront.

could be the situation's not quite what you thought, but if you confront her then you run the risk of finding that out, and imagine the horror when an INTJ has to admit they've got it all wrong!

Heheh, or it could be that you're right, in which case why are you so afraid to confront her about it?

Either way, whichever you do, she'll probably be annoyed and behave immaturely towards you afterwards. At least if you confronted her honestly and calmly about it, you'd keep the moral high ground.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen