User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Hi

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    In some aspects he sounds a bit like me, it's a bit hard to explain what it is exactly, I'll give it a try. When I'm in a good or bad mood. Or sometimes even feeling a particular emotion, I often quickly become consciously aware of what I'm feeling. Combined with the fact that I usually think before I talk, this results in that I hardly ever speak emotionally. Me literally telling you I'm angry or happy is often the biggest or only clue you'll get about my feelings.

Also, about the disinterest, do you feel this happens a lot? Could you give some examples? It could be that he just doesn't care about the subjects you think about. I didn't pick up an interest in pop music when I met my girlfriend, and I'm not bothering her with politics, there's plenty of subjects we both enjoy.

As a direct ansher to your question. Yes ENTP's can be manipulative, but so can every other type, and by no means all ENTP's are.

P.S. Merely judging from your post the guy sounds more like an introvert then an extrovert.
    Ah, I see. What I get from this, and deviating to a slightly different persective, is that what is known does not need to be said. It is known to the individual, so why express it? Kind of thing. It might be that way for him. Well, that's fine and all, but not exactly progressive for a relationship. My forte isn't exactly intuiting every emotion people feel, it must be made known to me somehow or I just won't get it sometimes. I spoke of this to him, and he told me he just never had to do it with anyone, so it's new for him.

Not a lot, a lot, but I guess the problem (for me) is not that he doesn't listen, but that he doesn't really add anything to it. Nothing can be really done about that, unfortunately.

Yeah, I suspect some would think he's an introvert. To be precise, he did take another MBTI test before and got INFP, and then he took this one 'improved' MBTI test and got ENTP. Puzzling.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Everyone manipulates regardless of MBTI type. Can you please construct a list citing the behaviors that you find "manipulating"? Additionally, I do not understand why you think his inability to express his emotions contradicts his feelings for you. If an ENTP tells you that he loves you, then he means it.

Maybe he just doesn't find such topics interesting? When I find a topic unexciting, I tend to be unresponsive or I quickly change the subject. I call it: distraction or temporary coma. Furthermore, what is wrong with wanting to do something that is fun or entertaining? I fail to see the problem here.

Gee golly, are you sure you are not an INFJ?
    (1) I would like to know how you express your affections? Or if you have any.

(2) There's nothing inherently wrong about it.

(3) Dunno.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Not sure what being manipulative has to do with any of this, but I rarely smile when something is funny in the moment. Most times, I am in absorption mode (Ne, I guess?). It's not until later, upon reflection (Ti?), that I actually laugh or get upset or whatever. In other words, most of my physical responses happen in retrospect. He's probably just busy studying your every move.
    Interesting. He doesn't seem to be this way pertaining to amusing things, he's quite impulsive and free in that area. Anything 'carefree' is expressed freely, but anything 'serious' is kept hidden. You guys are similar in this, I guess.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj

Gee golly, are you sure you are not an INFJ?
    Thinking on it more... maybe I am an INFJ now. Aghhh, I don't know. All my test result with NT, but after some counseling, I've developed more of my F function. So, I really don't know anymore.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Yeonhee View Post
    Thinking on it more... maybe I am an INFJ now. Aghhh, I don't know. All my test result with NT, but after some counseling, I've developed more of my F function. So, I really don't know anymore.
    Type is just a guideline, but anybody can behave anyway under different circumstances. Maybe you should just ask him what is going on in his head, and also express what's going on in yours. I love a good game but the mind reading guessing game is not one of them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Type is just a guideline, but anybody can behave anyway under different circumstances. Maybe you should just ask him what is going on in his head, and also express what's going on in yours. I love a good game but the mind reading guessing game is not one of them.
    I spoke of it to him, and he said he's a simple guy (lol.) if he's not angry, then he's happy (his words) and that he's never been good with expressing his emotions. Well, there you go, I guess.

But, I have a question for you. Is this a P thing? He seems to be somewhat passive about things. For instance, if he wants me to come over, he says "If you want, you can come over." it's never, "I want to see you."

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Maybe or maybe not.

I would like to know how you express your affections? Or if you have any.
    We're bad at expressing our emotions, but that doesn't mean that we're antisocial! I do not mean to speak for everyone, but I assume that the majority of us express ourselves through: physical contact or random selfless acts of kindness. Like when he randomly buys you a book that he thinks that you will like. This is the greatest act of love that an ENTP can show a person.

It's the small things that count
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I spoke of it to him, and he said he's a simple guy (lol.) if he's not angry, then he's happy (his words) and that he's never been good with expressing his emotions. Well, there you go, I guess.
    I have 3 general, everyday emotions: happy/excited, neutral and frustrated/annoyed. Sometimes I get pissed, but that is rare. So I can identify with your guy...

But, I have a question for you. Is this a P thing? He seems to be somewhat passive about things. For instance, if he wants me to come over, he says "If you want, you can come over." it's never, "I want to see you."
    Maybe. I can be like that. It depends though. If I truly want something (happy/excited or frustrated/annoyed), I don't mince words. Otherwise, most times I can take it or leave it (neutral).

We're bad at expressing our emotions, but that doesn't mean that we're antisocial! I do not mean to speak for everyone, but I assume that the majority of us express ourselves through: physical contact or random selfless acts of kindness. Like when he randomly buys you a book that he thinks that you will like. This is the greatest act of love that an ENTP can show a person.

It's the small things that count
    +10000

MBTI
    SEXY

Ah, I see. What I get from this, and deviating to a slightly different persective, is that what is known does not need to be said. It is known to the individual, so why express it? Kind of thing. It might be that way for him. Well, that's fine and all, but not exactly progressive for a relationship. My forte isn't exactly intuiting every emotion people feel, it must be made known to me somehow or I just won't get it sometimes. I spoke of this to him, and he told me he just never had to do it with anyone, so it's new for him.

Not a lot, a lot, but I guess the problem (for me) is not that he doesn't listen, but that he doesn't really add anything to it. Nothing can be really done about that, unfortunately.

Yeah, I suspect some would think he's an introvert. To be precise, he did take another MBTI test before and got INFP, and then he took this one 'improved' MBTI test and got ENTP. Puzzling.
    No, having little motivation to communicate (especially about emotions) is definitely not progressive for a relationship, but it's something a lot of people do suffer from. I always think of a billion ways to tell my girlfriend or close friends how I feel at a given time, but in the end I usually don't even say anything or very little about it. Chances are though the guy will eventually open up towards you more eventually if he cares for you, but the two of you (and everybody else) will remain to have differences in emotional and communicational preferences, you'll just have to accept that.

By the way, the not adding anything to some conversations and hardly showing emotions could mean he's got a strong Ti. Maybe he's an INTP instead of an ENTP, I don't know though.

Interesting. He doesn't seem to be this way pertaining to amusing things, he's quite impulsive and free in that area. Anything 'carefree' is expressed freely, but anything 'serious' is kept hidden. You guys are similar in this, I guess.
    I want to deal with my problems alone. If you'd be my girlfriend I would not bother you with them either. I'm taking a guess though, that he's more then willing to help you with your problems or listen to you on subjects you feel strong about.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

He only wants in your pants
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn