User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

So in terms of character development, Js think of piling and accomplishing certain traits to attain, or strive for, perfection while Ps think of character progression in a lateral sense? Like on a scale? ...Maybe?
    I don't know if that was coherent, but I think I understand what this thread is about (andIlikeit!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Do perceivers have an inadequate sense of the completed object? If an ENTJ says the ideal man is me minus bad traits, then he's describing an end-product, after work has been done to minimise bad traits.

TJs actually do think of character development in terms of leveling-up. Accomplishing, completing, progressing. You are welcome to get over your stasis.

PS. I'm under the impression NFJs think that way too.
    Yep.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Do perceivers have an inadequate sense of the completed object? If an ENTJ says the ideal man is me minus bad traits, then he's describing an end-product, after work has been done to minimise bad traits.

TJs actually do think of character development in terms of leveling-up. Accomplishing, completing, progressing. You are welcome to get over your stasis.

PS. I'm under the impression NFJs think that way too.
    That's a J thing in general--wanting the external world to have a sense of order and completeness. They're much more task-oriented than Ps because they like to have things settled.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's a J thing in general--wanting the external world to have a sense of order and completeness. They're much more task-oriented than Ps because they like to have things settled.
    I do like to have things settled, and I like to see/note progress being made(and my definition of 'progress' depends on the situation at hand ). Inaction and confusion/disorder can make me uneasy.

However, I am also aware that the very nature of many things in life is such that things will never truly be 'settled' - and in terms of character development, it's not like I will ever reach some pinnacle of perfection. Ha! [And, side topic, but perfection is a subjective thing to begin with...so I agree with the OP that there are always tradeoffs - and I'm a J! ; also, I kind of like the notion of each person having the ability to be the best version of *themselves* - so, perfect for them, but it goes without saying that their strengths - their 'perfections' - are going to be of a different nature than the person next to them...and so on]. So regarding my own personal growth, I've always seen it as more of a morphing thing...sure, I have things I might be reaching for or specifics I'm working on in any given moment, and I dislike immobility within myself, but I also know that 10 yrs from now, 20 yrs from now, there will be new situations, new 'data', if you will, and I might have a different notion of where I want to go or what I want to strive for.

So, purpose, direction, actions, and movement, yes, but also with a built-in awareness that things will most likely change and I'll be constantly revamping as I go.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I do like to have things settled, and I like to see/note progress being made(and my definition of 'progress' depends on the situation at hand ). Inaction and confusion/disorder can make me uneasy.
    Fe

However, I am also aware that the very nature of many things in life is such that things will never truly be 'settled' - and in terms of character development, it's not like I will ever reach some pinnacle of perfection. Ha! [And, side topic, but perfection is a subjective thing to begin with...so I agree with the OP that there are always tradeoffs - and I'm a J! ; also, I kind of like the notion of each person having the ability to be the best version of *themselves* - so, perfect for them, but it goes without saying that their strengths - their 'perfections' - are going to be of a different nature than the person next to them...and so on]. So regarding my own personal growth, I've always seen it as more of a morphing thing...sure, I have things I might be reaching for or specifics I'm working on in any given moment, and I dislike immobility within myself, but I also know that 10 yrs from now, 20 yrs from now, there will be new situations, new 'data', if you will, and I might have a different notion of where I want to go or what I want to strive for.
    Ni

Externally organized + internally open. That's the J way.

So, purpose, direction, actions, and movement, yes, but also with a built-in awareness that things will most likely change and I'll be constantly revamping as I go.
    INFJ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's not what you said when you were pounding on my door last night.
    That's not what your mom said when I was pounding her back door last night.