• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Do perceivers have a better understanding of...

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So in terms of character development, Js think of piling and accomplishing certain traits to attain, or strive for, perfection while Ps think of character progression in a lateral sense? Like on a scale? ...Maybe?
I don't know if that was coherent, but I think I understand what this thread is about (andIlikeit!)

Do perceivers have an inadequate sense of the completed object? If an ENTJ says the ideal man is me minus bad traits, then he's describing an end-product, after work has been done to minimise bad traits.

TJs actually do think of character development in terms of leveling-up. Accomplishing, completing, progressing. You are welcome to get over your stasis.

PS. I'm under the impression NFJs think that way too.

Yep.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do perceivers have an inadequate sense of the completed object? If an ENTJ says the ideal man is me minus bad traits, then he's describing an end-product, after work has been done to minimise bad traits.

TJs actually do think of character development in terms of leveling-up. Accomplishing, completing, progressing. You are welcome to get over your stasis.

PS. I'm under the impression NFJs think that way too.

That's a J thing in general--wanting the external world to have a sense of order and completeness. They're much more task-oriented than Ps because they like to have things settled.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a J thing in general--wanting the external world to have a sense of order and completeness. They're much more task-oriented than Ps because they like to have things settled.

I do like to have things settled, and I like to see/note progress being made(and my definition of 'progress' depends on the situation at hand ;)). Inaction and confusion/disorder can make me uneasy.

However, I am also aware that the very nature of many things in life is such that things will never truly be 'settled' - and in terms of character development, it's not like I will ever reach some pinnacle of perfection. Ha! [And, side topic, but perfection is a subjective thing to begin with...so I agree with the OP that there are always tradeoffs - and I'm a J! ;); also, I kind of like the notion of each person having the ability to be the best version of *themselves* - so, perfect for them, but it goes without saying that their strengths - their 'perfections' - are going to be of a different nature than the person next to them...and so on]. So regarding my own personal growth, I've always seen it as more of a morphing thing...sure, I have things I might be reaching for or specifics I'm working on in any given moment, and I dislike immobility within myself, but I also know that 10 yrs from now, 20 yrs from now, there will be new situations, new 'data', if you will, and I might have a different notion of where I want to go or what I want to strive for.

So, purpose, direction, actions, and movement, yes, but also with a built-in awareness that things will most likely change and I'll be constantly revamping as I go.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do like to have things settled, and I like to see/note progress being made(and my definition of 'progress' depends on the situation at hand ;)). Inaction and confusion/disorder can make me uneasy.

Fe

However, I am also aware that the very nature of many things in life is such that things will never truly be 'settled' - and in terms of character development, it's not like I will ever reach some pinnacle of perfection. Ha! [And, side topic, but perfection is a subjective thing to begin with...so I agree with the OP that there are always tradeoffs - and I'm a J! ;); also, I kind of like the notion of each person having the ability to be the best version of *themselves* - so, perfect for them, but it goes without saying that their strengths - their 'perfections' - are going to be of a different nature than the person next to them...and so on]. So regarding my own personal growth, I've always seen it as more of a morphing thing...sure, I have things I might be reaching for or specifics I'm working on in any given moment, and I dislike immobility within myself, but I also know that 10 yrs from now, 20 yrs from now, there will be new situations, new 'data', if you will, and I might have a different notion of where I want to go or what I want to strive for.

Ni

Externally organized + internally open. That's the J way.

So, purpose, direction, actions, and movement, yes, but also with a built-in awareness that things will most likely change and I'll be constantly revamping as I go.

INFJ :)