• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What do you love/hate about being your type?

B

brainheart

I dislike that social interaction is always a little awkward and that people misinterpret my behavior as being something that it's not.

I dislike that I overly value high intelligence and believe that I fall short of my high standards.

Add profound creativity to the high intelligence and you pretty much have me.

Oh- wait- what I love: that I 'get' stuff. Rarely do I ever say, 'huh?'

B

brainheart

This thread:

People blaming their personal flaws on their MBTI type.

Oh, ha! I didn't even see that 'being your type' part of the title. I was just commenting on what I love/hate about me.

The evidence is in: time for coffee.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The main issue I take with claiming a type is when you encounter someone with a preconceived notion regarding who you are because you have that label by your name.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
The main issue I take with claiming a type is when you encounter someone with a preconceived notion regarding who you are because you have that label by your name.

Which is why I never state my type outside of this forum. :)

"INTJ huh? That guy must be an ***hole."

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which is why I never state my type outside of this forum. :)

"INTJ huh? That guy must be an ***hole."

lol!!

or they may go,
oh that guy's an ***hole! must be an INTJ!

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think irl a lot of people might peg me as an NT.....one ESxP friend thinks i'm ISFP.
it's certainly interesting to consider what different people get from you.

i notice that some people tend to relate others to being like themselves, while others seem to pick up more on what's different.

that said, i don't care either way if people i hang out with know my type, because i think there are a lot of things about me that aren't 'cookie cutter NF'...and if they're into typology in the first place, they'll probably be open to discuss things anyway.

i think i usually give myself away as IxFx in my mannerisms, though. that's a freebie for anyone attuned to it.

edit: i thought of one thing that i hate about being my type, though it has more to do with others...
the assumption that INFx's have no sense of humor! that's not true, but people often seem to think that being a 'caring' type automatically makes a person devoid of all silliness and humor. probably explains why i got away with so many pranks and practical jokes in school and nobody ever gave me a second look...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread:

People blaming their personal flaws on their MBTI type.

tits-or-gtfo.jpg

Whoops, that's not what I meant.

I meant, this is an MBTI forum. Of course flaws (and strengths) will be related to MBTI.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Love:

- Being naturally inclined toward the abstract, complex and interesting interests that I have
- Analysing everything compulsively
- Having the capacity to detach and retreat to a mental place whenever the environment fails to please
- My imaginary realities
- Having maximally efficient courses of action automatically present themselves to me

Hate:

- My social skills being somewhat sub par
- Being perceived as robotic, regimented and/or intimidating
- The unrelenting drive for competence
- That if I'm honest with myself, I have to accept that I am, in fact, just a little bit arrogant
- The fact that spontaneity makes me anxious; the compulsion to plan for everything

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Love: My amazing thirst for excitement, knowledge, and adventure in all aspects of life.

Hate: My incessant thirst for excitement, knowledge, and adventure in all aspects of life.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Things I love
  • I get shit done and in a timely manner.
  • My ability to entertain masses of people.
  • Being unemotional with most aspects of life.
  • The never ending ambition I have.
  • Sarcasm
  • Being a badass.

Things I hate!
  • Thought process never turns off = insomnia.
  • I often push away the people I love.
  • Romantically awkward.
  • Live in the future and forget the past.
  • Being emotionally stunted.
  • Obsessive.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Love

- my unusual, random, constant wit-sarcasm-giddyness (yeah, it's that awesome)
- my undying and original well of passion for people/causes that correlates with my principles-ethics-rationales
- being open to possibilities in order to experience the full spectrum of humanity
- it empowers me to say that whatever is important to me Is important to me and no one else can persuade me otherwise
- can pinpoint people quite well
- my love for words - i always got words

Hate

- doing routine/mundane errands/tasks is physically painful for me too
- don't do well with criticism at all, not at all
- terrible with any and all practical skills - even simple math
- the best qualities in me isn't appreciated in the money-making business
- hyper aware of and hyper sensitive to ... everything
- low energy. must re-fuel.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love being creative, imaginative, open-minded, unafraid to take risks or try new things, my charisma/ability to charm people when I want to, being relatively uninhibited, and being relationship-oriented.

I hate first and foremost above all....getting openly emo in public places or at unseemly moments, but also needing approval or love too much, seeming very scattered and unfocused and lazy at times, not being taken seriously, and sometimes not knowing if I'm an introvert or an extrovert.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, I find it hard to say I love or hate anything about my type. I'm very happy with who I am though. So the scale is definately tipping towards love.

What I generally hate are certain shortcomings that go beyond mere types. You know, lack of immortality, only being able to be in one place at a time. Just being limited in general. I want to be limitless! So those are the things I hate.

Still, I am glad that I am healthy and not inconvenienced beyond normal human capacity in any way in the areas of my interest. Since it could've been much worse. I could have been physically, or worse, mentally incapacitated. And although people tend to say 'ignorance is bliss' most positively. I personally find that statement horribly negative and it makes me cringe.

As for my type, I obviously prefer to be INTP over other types and I can only imagine what it would be like if I was a different type, but I'm content with just that imagination.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Love:
- I'm very good at learning new things. Sometimes I want to be a student forever because that's what I do best: learning. Not teaching, not working, not even writing; learning.
- I like to explain things.
- I have a tremendous imagination.
- I'm good at acting 'on the spot'.

Hate:
- If there is something unpleasant in the future, I'm in a bad mood until the thing is in the past.
- I get bored by mental work that needs concentration but is not new to me, like preparing lessons.
- I need external pressure to get going.
- My Ni is able to keep me awake all night with lots of disastrous alternatives but fails to come up with some ideas that might work. That's left to Ne, who only gets going when I'm on the spot. Do IN_Js ever sleep???

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
+ 1

Notice how much this thread has improved since I got here? :D
You temporarily turned it into one long circle jerk in which everyone proclaimed what a special snowflake they are and how the MBTI could not possibly capture their uniqueness. I hate that mentality, and most of the time it does nothing other than give people a sense of lazy entitlement.

”You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.”
"Not everyone is special. People make themselves special through effort, not through entitlement."

Pros
+A never say die attitude and a belief that things that others believe are impossible can be done with enough effort. The opposite of what Morgan Le Fay mentioned.
+High quotient in the form of intelligence that Western society prizes.
+Extremely high level of determination and the ability to push through challenges.
+Extremely high level of ambition.
+Blunt honesty and moral courage
+Extremely high level of creativity and ingenuity.
+Ability to wins debate with a great deal of ease.

Cons
-The fact that the United States K-12 system was created to serve the majority of people and thus avoided learning methods that I would actually find stimulating.
-The fact that most people think very differently from me and that I thus obtain little in the way of personal satisfaction from small talk.
-Tendency to make hasty decisions that ultimately waste time.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Ha. Try being a person who pushes people away cos you don't really feel comfortable with the sort of intimacy they want, but at the same time actually BEING approachable, so you're constantly bombarded with people trying to get close to you and not seeing any reason why they shouldn't... and the resultant strife when you have to disillusion them that, though you're friendly and approachable, you're not looking for anything from THEM. No offence - ha, not likely. They ALL take offence. Even - especially - the ones who say they won't. You know, the ones who say "no obligation" and "it's no problem if you don't want to" and stuff like that.

What I hate is that, because I don't wear my IQ on my sleeve, I'm always
underestimated. That in itself can be a blessing and a curse - you can quietly work and scheme in the background and nobody suspects you of being capable of it, so you can move like an unseen hand, power of suggestion and all that. On the other hand, when you want to be taken seriously and respected, people just think you're a shallow goofball.

I'm pretty sure you and me share the same brain or life or something. You literally nailed the exact problem I have, and you are right it can suck especially the underestimation part

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Love:
*My logical and analytical mind
*My insight and ingenuity
*My flexibility
*My independence
*My ability to question common sense and norms
*My imagination

Hate:
*Overthinking things
*Plagued by doubts
*Not self-disciplined enough to accomplish certain goals in life
*Social awkwardness
*Poor awareness of external surroundings
*Bored with most social interactions. Hard to find people I really connect with.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love:
natural skeptic, questioning nature
child-like curiousity
great imagination
can get to the root of a problem fairly easily, able to fix many things
able to read inbetween the lines, understanding beyond the surface behaviour of people, interpreting the meaning of a situation
very laidback, low energy, calm, chill, take life as it comes
very hard to offend, upset/detached
individualistic, nonconformist but not extremely in your face rebellious
free thinking
excited by future possibilities, thinking ahead
know little bit of everything, jack of all trades type
live and let live attitude toward differing opinions
try to be as fair as possible
can smell bs in someone's argument

Hate:
easily bored
emotionally unaware
appear emotionless, unresponsive
don't know how I come across to other people
can be extremely apathetic at times, low motivation, lazy
observer in life
very absent-minded, hard time being attentive, day dreamer
suck at small talk, get tired quickly in conversations
disorganized, random
aimless drifter through life
socially uncool, nerdy
have hard time being directive
can be selfish about somethings
gaps in knowledge about certain areas

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
Love:

My Ne
My Ti
My Ni
My Te

Hate:
Can't access my Fi/Fe enough
Can't access my Se/Si enough
The expression of my sx/sp is aggravating to say the very least

That probably sums it up for me well enough.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Love : Seeing patterns and reading between the lines

Hate : My acute sense of conscience and guilt and fear associated with the implications of my actions