User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you love/hate about being your type?

- my unusual, random, constant wit-sarcasm-giddyness (yeah, it's that awesome)
    - my undying and original well of passion for people/causes that correlates with my principles-ethics-rationales
    - being open to possibilities in order to experience the full spectrum of humanity
    - it empowers me to say that whatever is important to me Is important to me and no one else can persuade me otherwise
    - can pinpoint people quite well
    - my love for words - i always got words

- doing routine/mundane errands/tasks is physically painful for me too
    - don't do well with criticism at all, not at all
    - terrible with any and all practical skills - even simple math
    - the best qualities in me isn't appreciated in the money-making business
    - hyper aware of and hyper sensitive to ... everything
    - low energy. must re-fuel.

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

I love being creative, imaginative, open-minded, unafraid to take risks or try new things, my charisma/ability to charm people when I want to, being relatively uninhibited, and being relationship-oriented.

I hate first and foremost above all....getting openly emo in public places or at unseemly moments, but also needing approval or love too much, seeming very scattered and unfocused and lazy at times, not being taken seriously, and sometimes not knowing if I'm an introvert or an extrovert.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

Honestly, I find it hard to say I love or hate anything about my type. I'm very happy with who I am though. So the scale is definately tipping towards love.

What I generally hate are certain shortcomings that go beyond mere types. You know, lack of immortality, only being able to be in one place at a time. Just being limited in general. I want to be limitless! So those are the things I hate.

Still, I am glad that I am healthy and not inconvenienced beyond normal human capacity in any way in the areas of my interest. Since it could've been much worse. I could have been physically, or worse, mentally incapacitated. And although people tend to say 'ignorance is bliss' most positively. I personally find that statement horribly negative and it makes me cringe.

As for my type, I obviously prefer to be INTP over other types and I can only imagine what it would be like if I was a different type, but I'm content with just that imagination.

- I'm very good at learning new things. Sometimes I want to be a student forever because that's what I do best: learning. Not teaching, not working, not even writing; learning.
    - I like to explain things.
    - I have a tremendous imagination.
    - I'm good at acting 'on the spot'.

- If there is something unpleasant in the future, I'm in a bad mood until the thing is in the past.
    - I get bored by mental work that needs concentration but is not new to me, like preparing lessons.
    - I need external pressure to get going.
    - My Ni is able to keep me awake all night with lots of disastrous alternatives but fails to come up with some ideas that might work. That's left to Ne, who only gets going when I'm on the spot. Do IN_Js ever sleep???
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    + 1

Notice how much this thread has improved since I got here?
    You temporarily turned it into one long circle jerk in which everyone proclaimed what a special snowflake they are and how the MBTI could not possibly capture their uniqueness. I hate that mentality, and most of the time it does nothing other than give people a sense of lazy entitlement.

”You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.”
    "Not everyone is special. People make themselves special through effort, not through entitlement."

+A never say die attitude and a belief that things that others believe are impossible can be done with enough effort. The opposite of what Morgan Le Fay mentioned.
    +High quotient in the form of intelligence that Western society prizes.
    +Extremely high level of determination and the ability to push through challenges.
    +Extremely high level of ambition.
    +Blunt honesty and moral courage
    +Extremely high level of creativity and ingenuity.
    +Ability to wins debate with a great deal of ease.

-The fact that the United States K-12 system was created to serve the majority of people and thus avoided learning methods that I would actually find stimulating.
    -The fact that most people think very differently from me and that I thus obtain little in the way of personal satisfaction from small talk.
    -Tendency to make hasty decisions that ultimately waste time.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Ha. Try being a person who pushes people away cos you don't really feel comfortable with the sort of intimacy they want, but at the same time actually BEING approachable, so you're constantly bombarded with people trying to get close to you and not seeing any reason why they shouldn't... and the resultant strife when you have to disillusion them that, though you're friendly and approachable, you're not looking for anything from THEM. No offence - ha, not likely. They ALL take offence. Even - especially - the ones who say they won't. You know, the ones who say "no obligation" and "it's no problem if you don't want to" and stuff like that.

What I hate is that, because I don't wear my IQ on my sleeve, I'm always
    underestimated. That in itself can be a blessing and a curse - you can quietly work and scheme in the background and nobody suspects you of being capable of it, so you can move like an unseen hand, power of suggestion and all that. On the other hand, when you want to be taken seriously and respected, people just think you're a shallow goofball.
    I'm pretty sure you and me share the same brain or life or something. You literally nailed the exact problem I have, and you are right it can suck especially the underestimation part

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

*My logical and analytical mind
    *My insight and ingenuity
    *My flexibility
    *My independence
    *My ability to question common sense and norms
    *My imagination

*Overthinking things
    *Plagued by doubts
    *Not self-disciplined enough to accomplish certain goals in life
    *Social awkwardness
    *Poor awareness of external surroundings
    *Bored with most social interactions. Hard to find people I really connect with.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

5w4 sp/sx

natural skeptic, questioning nature
    child-like curiousity
    great imagination
    can get to the root of a problem fairly easily, able to fix many things
    able to read inbetween the lines, understanding beyond the surface behaviour of people, interpreting the meaning of a situation
    very laidback, low energy, calm, chill, take life as it comes
    very hard to offend, upset/detached
    individualistic, nonconformist but not extremely in your face rebellious
    free thinking
    excited by future possibilities, thinking ahead
    know little bit of everything, jack of all trades type
    live and let live attitude toward differing opinions
    try to be as fair as possible
    can smell bs in someone's argument

easily bored
    emotionally unaware
    appear emotionless, unresponsive
    don't know how I come across to other people
    can be extremely apathetic at times, low motivation, lazy
    observer in life
    very absent-minded, hard time being attentive, day dreamer
    suck at small talk, get tired quickly in conversations
    disorganized, random
    aimless drifter through life
    socially uncool, nerdy
    have hard time being directive
    can be selfish about somethings
    gaps in knowledge about certain areas
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

My Ne
    My Ti
    My Ni
    My Te

Can't access my Fi/Fe enough
    Can't access my Se/Si enough
    The expression of my sx/sp is aggravating to say the very least

That probably sums it up for me well enough.
    INTP - Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Fi > Se > Fe > Si

I am not a Strange Loop, for I will always grow and mature.

Society is a Strange Loop, preventing us from growing and maturing.

Love : Seeing patterns and reading between the lines

Hate : My acute sense of conscience and guilt and fear associated with the implications of my actions