User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 81

  1. #41
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notsweetynice View Post
    I dislike that social interaction is always a little awkward and that people misinterpret my behavior as being something that it's not.

    I dislike that I overly value high intelligence and believe that I fall short of my high standards.
    Add profound creativity to the high intelligence and you pretty much have me.

    Oh- wait- what I love: that I 'get' stuff. Rarely do I ever say, 'huh?'

  2. #42
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    This thread:

    People blaming their personal flaws on their MBTI type.
    Oh, ha! I didn't even see that 'being your type' part of the title. I was just commenting on what I love/hate about me.

    The evidence is in: time for coffee.

  3. #43
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    The main issue I take with claiming a type is when you encounter someone with a preconceived notion regarding who you are because you have that label by your name.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  4. #44
    Black Magic Buzzard Kra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The main issue I take with claiming a type is when you encounter someone with a preconceived notion regarding who you are because you have that label by your name.
    Which is why I never state my type outside of this forum.

    "INTJ huh? That guy must be an ***hole."
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

  5. #45
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Which is why I never state my type outside of this forum.

    "INTJ huh? That guy must be an ***hole."
    lol!!

    or they may go,
    oh that guy's an ***hole! must be an INTJ!

  6. #46
    #005645 phthalocyanine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    681

    Default

    i think irl a lot of people might peg me as an NT.....one ESxP friend thinks i'm ISFP.
    it's certainly interesting to consider what different people get from you.

    i notice that some people tend to relate others to being like themselves, while others seem to pick up more on what's different.

    that said, i don't care either way if people i hang out with know my type, because i think there are a lot of things about me that aren't 'cookie cutter NF'...and if they're into typology in the first place, they'll probably be open to discuss things anyway.


    i think i usually give myself away as IxFx in my mannerisms, though. that's a freebie for anyone attuned to it.

    edit: i thought of one thing that i hate about being my type, though it has more to do with others...
    the assumption that INFx's have no sense of humor! that's not true, but people often seem to think that being a 'caring' type automatically makes a person devoid of all silliness and humor. probably explains why i got away with so many pranks and practical jokes in school and nobody ever gave me a second look...

    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde



  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    This thread:

    People blaming their personal flaws on their MBTI type.











    Whoops, that's not what I meant.

    I meant, this is an MBTI forum. Of course flaws (and strengths) will be related to MBTI.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Two Point Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Love:

    - Being naturally inclined toward the abstract, complex and interesting interests that I have
    - Analysing everything compulsively
    - Having the capacity to detach and retreat to a mental place whenever the environment fails to please
    - My imaginary realities
    - Having maximally efficient courses of action automatically present themselves to me

    Hate:

    - My social skills being somewhat sub par
    - Being perceived as robotic, regimented and/or intimidating
    - The unrelenting drive for competence
    - That if I'm honest with myself, I have to accept that I am, in fact, just a little bit arrogant
    - The fact that spontaneity makes me anxious; the compulsion to plan for everything

  9. #49
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Love: My amazing thirst for excitement, knowledge, and adventure in all aspects of life.

    Hate: My incessant thirst for excitement, knowledge, and adventure in all aspects of life.

  10. #50
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Things I love
    • I get shit done and in a timely manner.
    • My ability to entertain masses of people.
    • Being unemotional with most aspects of life.
    • The never ending ambition I have.
    • Sarcasm
    • Being a badass.


    Things I hate!
    • Thought process never turns off = insomnia.
    • I often push away the people I love.
    • Romantically awkward.
    • Live in the future and forget the past.
    • Being emotionally stunted.
    • Obsessive.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  2. [ESTP] What do you love most about being an ESTP?
    By Crystal Marie in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 08:19 PM
  3. What Do You Love About Being A Woman?
    By bechimo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 03:53 PM
  4. [ENFJ] ENFJS: What are your strengths? What do you love about yourself?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 06:57 AM
  5. What do you miss most about being a kid?
    By Cenomite in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO