User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: ENTP career

  1. #41
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Ti vs. Te is kind of like power vs. efficiency. That is how I see it anyway.
    So Ti +Te = unstoppable success?

  2. #42
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    So Ti +Te = unstoppable success?
    No.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  3. #43
    Senior Member Timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    WhooooT RPG reference!

    LOLZ on the cultural diversity...to me, an RPG is a neat rocket launcher.

  4. #44
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    No.
    Power and efficiency sound pretty unstoppable to me...

  5. #45
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    i started out in engineering and got disenchanted with the reality of what typically goes on in the engineering world (paperwork and repetitive support instead of design), so i went into playing with noise (sound engineering) and event production. After 10 years of this, im getting a lil tired of being "just" the sound guy considering i hold the event planners hands enough.

    id really like to manage a facility where others collaborate on creative things so i can go produce that film idea that's been sitting in my head
    do like it? I considered sound engineering. Would you recomend it.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

  6. #46
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368

    Lightbulb ENTP vs ENTJ approach

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Ok I see what you mean now. Let me see if I can rephrase what you are saying in my own words and maybe add some things from the Ti perspective. I think what you mean by strategic has to do mostly with external structure. Ti will not think of how an action affects the whole company, because it does not think in terms of company structure. When you say "big picture" you mean the company's big picture. Because Ti does not think in terms of company structure, it is very good at solving problems, but horrible at preventing problems from happening in the first place.

    Also ENTP's do not really think in terms of plans as much as they simply set goals. The goals can be far reaching, but the details will often change along the way, and once the goal is accomplished the ENTP will want to discard whatever he was just working on and look for something else completely different. There is a lot of planning involved in this, but it might not seem strategic to some people (depending on what you mean by strategy), because the plans are flexible and there isn't a lot of consistency once the final goal is accomplished.



    I'm not sure if I would ever say Ti sees things in little chunks, quite the opposite. Ti is actually more "big picture" than Te. But it is too big picture to be practical. Te looks at a company structure and tries to see how all the connections fit together. Ti looks at the whole universe and tries to see how all the connections fit together. Te operates by company wide principles. Ti operates by universal principles that fit in any situation from making breakfast to launching a space shuttle (oh yeah and it works at the company too). Because Ti is so universal, it can be really impractical, because it doesn't adjust to the specific context. Te on the other hand can attach itself strictly to the context of the company, so it is far more efficient in understanding how the company operates.

    Ti is really good at solving complex problems because it can get to the core of an issue better than Te can. It is more pure and universal. However Te can solve a greater quantity of problems and is a lot better at preventing problems from happening to begin with. Ti vs. Te is kind of like power vs. efficiency. That is how I see it anyway.
    The difference is not only Ti vs Te bu the primaray and aux function preference togheter. According to the jungian function descriptions:

    Extraverted Intuition

    The motion component is integrated onto a wide matrix area. The Extraverted Intuitive will conceptualize process and pattern within the overall picture, and is immediately aware of all the possibilities suggested by a particular situation. The focus is always on future possibilities, rather than the present moment.
    Introverted Thinking

    Introverted Thinking establishes analytical and linear connections between our overall perceptions. It will build a web of specific and direct connections suggested by overall external elements. Introverted Thinkers are therefore not directly interested in the external situation, but rather on any understandings that it may provide.
    Extraverted Thinking

    Extraverted Thinking establishes linear connections within a localized matrix area. It brings order into specific aspects of life, and for this reason, an Extraverted Thinker will impose structure and order onto a particular organization or institution.
    Introverted Intuition

    Dynamic processes are integrated within a highly localized matrix area. Introverted Intuition is mainly interested in the abstract principles that underlie a given event, not in the event itself. For this reason, this function often provides insight and understanding.
    As part of a brief research about career pros/cons and for comparison purposes:
    http://www.how-to-change-careers.com/entp.html
    http://www.how-to-change-careers.com/entj.html

    It would be interesting to hear specific detail within your past/present job experience, in particular to gauge the ENTP/ENTJ leadership dynamic.

  7. #47
    Senior Member chachamaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP
    Posts
    451

    Default

    A person-impersonator.

    We should not be under the assumption that ENTPs are people.
    a cat is fine too

  8. #48
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    I'm very attracted by management consulting, business strategy and innovation management.

    It's what, in my opinion, fits my talents and tastes best.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #49
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Dog walker
    Barista
    Ticket taker
    Pizza delivery
    Janitor
    -the list is endless.

  10. #50
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Dog walker
    Barista
    Ticket taker
    Pizza delivery
    Janitor
    -the list is endless.

    You misread the thread, It wasn't 'post your resume'
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. [Jung] Torn between Jung: ENFP and ENTP(maturing) for career.
    By PerfectlyConfused in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 08:35 PM
  2. [ENTP] How should an ENTP choose a career?
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
  3. [ENTP] "Altruism" and Career-Choice in ENTP Types?
    By J62V5NO in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 03:04 PM
  4. ENTP Career - What's your best experience?
    By rahjars in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 07:21 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENTP - Career Advice Please - Science, Technology, Management
    By boygenius in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 04:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO