User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ENTP career

MBTI
    ENTP

I've been going back and forth on careers for a long time.
    Originally I wanted to be a lawyer, but everyone wants to be one (at least all the history majors I run into).

I love photography, but I don't want to do it for a living (poverty stricken)

I debated about starting my own business, but to what end and what function?

MBTI
    ENTP

i still cant decide what I want to do and I'm in the midst of another mid life crisis right now. I have gone through the sales, military, accounting and not one could hold me for more than a few years. Professor would be cool if I didn't actually have to do all the schooling to get there.

Every career test i take ends up photography at the top of the list. if I could merge a few things with photography, i think it would last a while. like traveling, but having kids doesn't work well with that.

I do think I've hit a wall where I know now that I should stop and really think out what I'm going to do that I can last a while at. I have the opportunity to go back to school for free, but my biggest fear is that I will do it and when I'm done I will already be bored with the subject.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I don't know about you guys, but the best career for me involves making a lot of $$$ which is why I'm sticking to pharmacy.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but the best career for me involves making a lot of $$$ which is why I'm sticking to pharmacy.
    exactly.. the perfect career for me is anything legal that pays lots of my $$$ for my other interests AND that doesn't get in the way(time wise) of my living my life pursuing my interests. at one point I thought about doing the professor thing but the academic community is SO small and tends to be tedious and doesn't pay that well.

I'm a project manager/localization engineer in the translation industry and I like. My days are different, the pay is great, I get to travel, and I have time for a work/life balance

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    exactly.. the perfect career for me is anything legal that pays lots of my $$$ for my other interests AND that doesn't get in the way(time wise) of my living my life pursuing my interests. at one point I thought about doing the professor thing but the academic community is SO small and tends to be tedious and doesn't pay that well.

I'm a project manager/localization engineer in the translation industry and I like. My days are different, the pay is great, I get to travel, and I have time for a work/life balance
    You're living the dream !

This may sound insane, but I would hate to have a job that involved doing something that I like. For instance... say I love photography and music, but I would hate to be a musician or photographer. I like to keep my hobbies/interest separate from work and school. And I am a lot happier that way.

Also, I'm very materialistic anyway so I need a job that pays a lot. I want to travel and buy ridiculous things that I don't need
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    This may sound insane, but I would hate to have a job that involved doing something that I like. For instance... say I love photography and music, but I would hate to be a musician or photographer. I like to keep my hobbies/interest separate from work and school. And I am a lot happier that way.
    This is exactly the way I feel about it, as well. I don't want the few things that interest me to become tedious.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I havent come that far in my life yet to actually understand the logic behind a thing that I like possibly be able to become tedious.

I nevertheless do feel the same urge tho to keep my real intrests out of the job. That's a thing many people I met do not understand and I do not understand it myself.

The only reasonable explanation I got, draws the meaning of freedom into the equation.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Rather, the preferable spot would be the lead art designer then, able to sketch out a concept they have, or make one or two models to give an idea of whot they're looking for, then provide that to their team to do the little detail work of making the thousands of models actually required beyond that point. The idea of being able to encourage people with new ideas, go around helping them out where stuck, providing another point of view, but still getting last say on how it looks is nice. Problem is... paperwork, yay, but every job has it's downside or it wouldn't be work now would it?

The biggest thing to consider is whether it's worth the 'work' part and whether there's enough of the 'fun' part to go with it.

Being able to CREATE something is also pretty important, osmething that can be shown off or given to others, but maybe that's just me, not sure if it's a typical entp preferance for work.
    That is why I'm going for architecture

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Detective
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Detective
    He wants to work for the FBI as "Female Body Inspector"
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.