User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 36

  1. #1
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default Mother married an ESFJ :'(

    Basically...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    The idea of being married to an ESFJ is not only unappealing to me, but I despise the idea. I'd probably go crazy and kill myself by cutting on my finger, writing her name on the wall with the blood, then blowing my brains out with a gun.

    Either that or I'd be committed for the rest of my life as a danger to myself and others, and/or being unable to distinguish reality from illusion.
    Besides it's just a step-daughter/step-father issue. I have never met someone in my life who was so stubborn and damn annoying. He told my mother that his mother told him that photographers can't take pictures of Black people because the lenses can't see them, therefore you need to buy special lenses specifically designed for Black people. And I am not making this shit up.

    Typical conversation:
    Me: "The sun is mostly made out of helium & hydrogen."
    Him: "That's a fallacy!"
    Me: "Wot"
    Him: "It's fire and orange! Gases are clear!"
    Me: "Wait a minute.."
    Him: "I know that I'm right and you're wrong!"
    Me: "..."

    Whenever I see him I have the sudden urge to strangle him. What's the best possible way to keep the peace? As of now I avoid him or else we get into an argument when he says something stupid

    I'm an INTP & he is an ESFJ. My god D: it just seems disastrous. I think that he is trying to bond with me because he has started to taunt me... Which I do not like at all. As a consequence, I am beginning to mock him (without doing it on purpose). My brother who is an ENFJ was laughing and telling me how he told my mother to warn our new step-dad to not tease me because I am starting to snap at him. :'( Hilfe
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

  2. #2
    Senior Member kathara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I'd probably go crazy and kill myself by cutting on my finger, writing her name on the wall with the blood, then blowing my brains out with a gun.

    What would be the purpose of that?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Basically...



    Besides it's just a step-daughter/step-father issue. I have never met someone in my life who was so stubborn and damn annoying. He told my mother that his mother told him that photographers can't take pictures of Black people because the lenses can't see them, therefore you need to buy special lenses specifically designed for Black people. And I am not making this shit up.

    Typical conversation:
    Me: "The sun is mostly made out of helium & hydrogen."
    Him: "That's a fallacy!"
    Me: "Wot"
    Him: "It's fire!"
    Me: "Wait a minute.."
    Him: "I know that I'm right and you're wrong!"
    Me: "..."

    Whenever I see him I have the sudden urge to strangle him. What's the best possible way to keep the peace? As of now I avoid him or else we get into an argument when he says something stupid

    I'm an INTP & he is an ESFJ. My god D: it just seems disastrous.
    Actually its over 99% plasma

  4. #4

    Default

    I thought you were an ENTP.
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Just call him ignorant. Ignorant people hate this, they think you are calling them stupid.

    You: "You're ignorant."
    Him: "What? Are you saying I'm stupid?"
    You: "No, ignorance is not stupidity. But now that you raise the point, you are stupid as well."

  6. #6
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    I thought you were an ENTP.
    I'm a pseudo-ENTP

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Just call him ignorant. Ignorant people hate this, they think you are calling them stupid.

    You: "You're ignorant."
    Him: "What? Are you saying I'm stupid?"
    You: "No, ignorance is not stupidity. But now that you raise the point, you are stupid as well."
    No, then he'll never shut up!
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

  7. #7
    Senior Member TopherRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    I know what you mean. I'm an ENFJ and my Ti is waaay down at the bottom rung of my concious functions, but my grandmother (with whom I currently reside), my supervisor, my manager, and one of my aunts all inherited this distinguished title, and none of them have ever made much logical sense consistantly.

    I seriously believe in having to deal with them on a day to day basis, and being intuitive has helped me a great deal in learning to discern fact from emotional observation.
    Love is the point.

  8. #8
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    HAHAHA!!! Sounds like your in a real jam. What I love about ESXJs is messing with their heads. Their minds are like an experiment. Just see what happens if you say this or that. Mess with his mind.

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    No, then he'll never shut up!
    He's not going to anyway, might as well have some fun.

  10. #10
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    I would completely say something like that ESFJ, gawd bless his tender, hummingbird heart.

    Are you sure he wasn't joking?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFJ] Ask an ESFJ too!
    By Jeffster in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM
  2. [ESFJ] Need help with an ESFJ...
    By MDP2525 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. [ESFJ] How do you know an ESFJ is interested?
    By lifeintechnicolor in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 04:17 AM
  4. [ESFJ] Doing Something Nice for an ESFJ
    By Uytuun in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM
  5. [ESFJ] The Memorial Service of an ESFJ
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO