User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 36 of 36

  1. #31
    Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    ..special lenses specifically designed for Black people...
    Probably had to do with camera exposure and filming black people in the past. Basically in the past cameras were optimized to receive just enough light from white people.
    Dishonest ISFPs make me sad.

  2. #32
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Are you sure yall aren't failing to recognize a very literal joke told with a straight face?

    I've had people believing that I really thought something so absurd was true but I was just joking the whole time and never broke character.
    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    So I was just told by my INTP friend that this is incredibly inane but I find it entertaining. Which is why I find it hard to believe anyone takes it seriously when it's so obvious that it's a joke.
    Agreed. I do this all the time too. I wonder if paperoceans could give more examples because those two sound like jokes to me.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Gewitter27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Basically...

    (Gewitter27 Quote Here)

    Besides it's just a step-daughter/step-father issue. I have never met someone in my life who was so stubborn and damn annoying. He told my mother that his mother told him that photographers can't take pictures of Black people because the lenses can't see them, therefore you need to buy special lenses specifically designed for Black people. And I am not making this shit up.

    Typical conversation:
    Me: "The sun is mostly made out of helium & hydrogen."
    Him: "That's a fallacy!"
    Me: "Wot"
    Him: "It's fire and orange! Gases are clear!"
    Me: "Wait a minute.."
    Him: "I know that I'm right and you're wrong!"
    Me: "..."

    Whenever I see him I have the sudden urge to strangle him. What's the best possible way to keep the peace? As of now I avoid him or else we get into an argument when he says something stupid

    I'm an INTP & he is an ESFJ. My god D: it just seems disastrous. I think that he is trying to bond with me because he has started to taunt me... Which I do not like at all. As a consequence, I am beginning to mock him (without doing it on purpose). My brother who is an ENFJ was laughing and telling me how he told my mother to warn our new step-dad to not tease me because I am starting to snap at him. :'( Hilfe
    Wow. I've been mentioned in an OP...

    And THAT, my friends, is one of the reasons ESFJs are so hard to be around for me. You have good hearts, and I respect that, but being around you for more than five minutes will make me go bat-scheisse bonkers.

    Now, for the help: DO NOT talk politics, religion, today's trends, or science to him. It would be best to Avoid altogether, but that is nigh impossible. I reccommend talking about 'Safe' topics, such as movies. Almost everyone loves movies. Oh, and food. Mmm, food.

    Inside tread all of the statements like the Black People Lenses like a hilarious joke, or childish Naivete. Don't take it seriously. If confronted avoid all unsafe topics and attempt to steer the converstion as hard as possible to something like food.

    (This advice probably sucks because my Fe is horrible, but I'm trying...)
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

  4. #34
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Agreed. I do this all the time too. I wonder if paperoceans could give more examples because those two sound like jokes to me.
    He wasn't joking. I have known him for two years; oh wow, you kind of remind me of him

    What is with you SFJs never believing anything? That shit can be annoying.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

  5. #35
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    He wasn't joking. I have known him for two years; oh wow, you kind of remind me of him

    What is with you SFJs never believing anything? That shit can be annoying.
    Who said I didn't believe you? I just said it sounded like he could be joking. It was an explanation.

  6. #36
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I don't doubt it. I would just take the high road. The sensor/feeler combination puts them at a disadvantage. I have known people just like this guy. One in particular used to do petty childish things to me--a grown man, 50+. I shrugged it off as though nothing happened. We seem to get on fine now. If he still harbors those thoughts feelings, so what? It's in his head, he can keep it. I'm fine. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

    Don't get carried away. I'm probably not talking about who you think. This guy is somewhat related to me.
    Good point I'll just continue to avoid him.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFJ] Ask an ESFJ too!
    By Jeffster in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM
  2. [ESFJ] Need help with an ESFJ...
    By MDP2525 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. [ESFJ] How do you know an ESFJ is interested?
    By lifeintechnicolor in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 04:17 AM
  4. [ESFJ] Doing Something Nice for an ESFJ
    By Uytuun in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM
  5. [ESFJ] The Memorial Service of an ESFJ
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO