half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Are you sure yall aren't failing to recognize a very literal joke told with a straight face?

I've had people believing that I really thought something so absurd was true but I was just joking the whole time and never broke character.
    If that's true, then why keep up the charade if you sense irritation from the other person?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Are you sure yall aren't failing to recognize a very literal joke told with a straight face?

I've had people believing that I really thought something so absurd was true but I was just joking the whole time and never broke character.
    I hate when people do that.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Nah... He's White and we're Black so my mom was pretty pissed off and they got into a huge argument
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    If that's true, then why keep up the charade if you sense irritation from the other person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I hate when people do that.
    That's the point, iirc. Hence why I like to mess with them back with what I know. It's fun watching the joker get played.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    1w2

Here's an example of jokey conversation I had with my ESFJ coworker last week:

Me: "Hey, you got any more of those Rice Krispy Treats left?"
    Him: "Yeah I've got two left! One for me, one for you!"
    Me: "I wonder what Rice Krispies are made of?"
    Him: "Wheat? Barley?"
    Me: "I think they're made out of oats."

A vigorous debate about what Rice Krispy Treats are made out of for 10 minutes, with minor detours into how to bake them and if the ones we were snaking on were made from real marshmallow or "Marshmallow Product."

This conversation evidently forced my ISTJ coworker out of her chair and into the ESFJ's office looking at us like we'd lost every neuron in our brains.

A Really Angry ISTJ: "They're made of RICE!"

Us: "uh, yeah, duh...What the fuck is wrong with you?"

ISTJ leaves exasperated and we happily chomp on the rice krispies.

So I was just told by my INTP friend that this is incredibly inane but I find it entertaining. Which is why I find it hard to believe anyone takes it seriously when it's so obvious that it's a joke.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yes, I get it if the other person is joking back - but this clearly blew up into an argument...

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Actually its over 99% plasma
    Bloody hell.

Literally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Actually its over 99% plasma
    Because 'plasma' is an element ::

Here's an example of jokey conversation I had with my ESFJ coworker last week:

Me: "Hey, you got any more of those Rice Krispy Treats left?"
    Him: "Yeah I've got two left! One for me, one for you!"
    Me: "I wonder what Rice Krispies are made of?"
    Him: "Wheat? Barley?"
    Me: "I think they're made out of oats."

A vigorous debate about what Rice Krispy Treats are made out of for 10 minutes, with minor detours into how to bake them and if the ones we were snaking on were made from real marshmallow or "Marshmallow Product."

This conversation evidently forced my ISTJ coworker out of her chair and into the ESFJ's office looking at us like we'd lost every neuron in our brains.

A Really Angry ISTJ: "They're made of RICE!"

Us: "uh, yeah, duh...What the fuck is wrong with you?"

ISTJ leaves exasperated and we happily chomp on the rice krispies.

So I was just told by my INTP friend that this is incredibly inane but I find it entertaining. Which is why I find it hard to believe anyone takes it seriously when it's so obvious that it's a joke.
    This is the kind of thing I do all the time, though I tend to take it to far more extreme lengths.

For this example, I would've been insistant upon only purchasing products listed as free range organic marshmallows. Then print out an extensive report about the poor living conditions of marshmallowpods and their abusive care by farm workers, citing cramped living conditions and how they virtually never are given any meat to eat. I'd also go through a complex explaination of their unique anatomy and how their bodies store large amounts of sugars within their fat, leading to the uniquely formed (and tasty) cellular structure, while constantly harping and demonizing exporters for carelessly throwing away perfectly good hides and the actual meat as it doesn't sell as well. And then I'd try to get people to sign on to save the marshmallowpods, as they're practically extinct in the wild now, and their numbers in captivity are slowly dwindling.

Of course after about a day, I'd grow bored of it and if anyone brought it up again I'd just look at them oddly, and hand them a pamphlet asking them to support the local ban of dihydrogen monoxide, as apparantly they must be suffering from hallucinations caused by such.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

May try to educate him. Sit him down in a little school chair with the desk attachment and start of with preschool stuff.

Seem like that whole grade they were just trying to teach common sense.

MBTI
    YaYa

I like to take SJ pencils and move them 3 degrees off a right angle.

They go nuts.