User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    He's not going to anyway, might as well have some fun.
    Good point there
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I would completely say something like that ESFJ, gawd bless his tender, hummingbird heart.

Are you sure he wasn't joking?
    About the Black people/lenses thing? No, he was being serious.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh the Step Wars...if you don't find a way to get along with him now, it's going to get much worse. Oh yes, yes it can. It has less to do with type, but figuring out how to get along with types if that makes any sense. The step is a bigger thing than the esfj.

Are you living with him? If so, suggest you move asap. Don't borrow money, don't ask for favors etc. They will never let it go, because you are now their daughter, you will do their bidding you will agree to whatever asinine thing that pops into their head, you will call him daddy, you will smile and want to play with their 7 cats and love every second of it. You will love each other because you are faaaaaamily and you will smile, SMILE, while doing it.

Trust me, btdt have the tshirt. Just find a way to smile and nod.

Enneagram
    1w2

How old is he?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How old is he?
    In his late 40's.

Read my Blog.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

It took me a looong time to warm up to my ESFJ sis-in-law, but I realized slowly that her haughty, judgmental attitude was just a shell hiding a very insecure character. I tried engaging her on topics that interested her. Talking about shoes or stupid celebrity gossip broke down her defenses and made her start to realize that I wasn't a threatening person whose sole focus in life was to make her feel stupid. I don't know how she got that impression, but she really thought I was smug and a know-it-all. And I thought she was shallow and impressionable. Ok, we're cool now and I adore her - but my conversations with her are still very limited to clothes, gossip and making fun of my brother.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I'm picturing a guy going into a camera store and asking for "one of those black people lenses" and then trying to explain it. That is too good.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    About the Black people/lenses thing? No, he was being serious.
    My sis-in-law said a similarly ridiculous thing about sushi when I first met her. I can't remember exactly what she said, but that was when I started to avoid her and she did the same. Now, we're pretty close and I often call her to tell her things before I call my own sisters. Trust me, anything is possible if you are willing to compromise for your mom's sake.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I guess I was lucky with the step-dad I ended up with. He ended up more reasonable than my mother, too bad he had to die so soon. His mother, on the other hand, likes to do things like call lizards 'worms'. I mess her up by falsly defending her to my sisters stating she is using an archaic term.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    1w2

Are you sure yall aren't failing to recognize a very literal joke told with a straight face?

I've had people believing that I really thought something so absurd was true but I was just joking the whole time and never broke character.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3