User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default NTP females and aggression

ntp females - have you noticed males reacting to you more aggressively than other types, regardless of gender?

I wonder, because I do seem to get a fair amount of male aggression directed towards me in disputes and I wonder sometimes if it is because I don't argue as others might. Where I might look like a male arguing, because I am a female, certain males (not all) have trouble with communication with a female like this. I have also noticed that those same males will be able to argue fairly with a male in a similar dispute, but will react with threatening body language or verbal assasinations when engaged with a female in disputes.

A friend of mine (intp female) has commented on much of the same, she said she thinks her style in disputes is an affront to some men.

Of course this is all with the usual disclaimers ***some men*** yadda yadda yadda.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I thought this was going to be about why NTP females are more aggressive.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, just saw I didn't finish my sentence. How can I change it? Sorry...

MBTI
    CAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    ntp females - have you noticed males reacting to you more aggressively than other types, regardless of gender?

I wonder, because I do seem to get a fair amount of male aggression directed towards me in disputes and I wonder sometimes if it is because I don't argue as others might. Where I might look like a male arguing, because I am a female, certain males (not all) have trouble with communication with a female like this. I have also noticed that those same males will be able to argue fairly with a male in a similar dispute, but will react with threatening body language or verbal assasinations when engaged with a female in disputes.

A friend of mine (intp female) has commented on much of the same, she said she thinks her style in disputes is an affront to some men.

Of course this is all with the usual disclaimers ***some men*** yadda yadda yadda.
    You are laying forward alot of balls ( since women aren't supposed to have any, in this case you might have more then two). It's threatening, at a high level

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Hahaha, yeah - some men just hate the shit out of me because I don't know my "place".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    Yeah, just saw I didn't finish my sentence. How can I change it? Sorry...
    Go to "The NT Rationale" subforum. Double click your thread. Change the name

Anyways perhaps NTP girls are seen more as tomboys and therefore people stereotype them. When they do this they act towards the girl in a more aggressive way. NTP girls are just not 'girly'.
    Tis just one theory

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I am pretty confrontational, especially on feminism issues.

Men flee.

MBTI
    INTP

Most guys are used to girls backing down or accepting whatever they say as truth because they are guys. If they are questioned by a female, especially one with a well-constructed argument, they typically feel demasuclinated and will reframe until they think they are right.

Personally when a girl argues with me, as long as it isn't banal, I will relish the opportunity for a debate.

Other times I get a ridiculous argument with someone (normally dudes) and just stop arguing out of not wanting them to look / feel like a dumbass. The funny thing is they will keep trying to argue and our conversations end up looking like this:

Me- "Hey man, this is kind of trivial, I'm over arguing about it."
    Them- "Ha! You just know I'm right."
    Me- "Nah, I know I am right, you will just feel like a dumbass when I completely prove you wrong, and I am trying to let you save some face..."
    Them- "Yeah right!"
    Me- *Long winded explanation of facts that correlate to my hypothesis, proving that I was right the whole time*
    Them- *meekly*"Oh..."

My friends have stopped arguing with me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    I am pretty confrontational, especially on feminism issues.

Men flee.
    That didn't seem to happen on INTPc.
    (Not being smart, just saying so far I haven't seen that... unless I was missing something.)

I put a more feminine style forward in appearance and demeanor, so I tend not to get aggression responses off the bat from guys. However, when I've been pushed or I see something not going the way it needs to go to work effectively, I've taken some very direct stances at work ("here's what I see, here's what's going on, here's what needs to happen and what you need to give")... and it was really weird, tough guys would belly up to the situation (respecting me and talking bluntly back but dealing pretty directly and fairly) and the wimpy guys would basically back off, allow me to tell them what to do, and get really whiny/sullen in the process.

It's sort of amusing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

IME, most men will react as Jennifer said.

A few will go so totally over the top aggressively, I've felt like I was supposed to back down or I was going to get physically hurt. Aggressive physical stances towards me, things being thrown near me or knocked over. I have had so many examples, where as some of my other friends don't even have one lol.