Thread: INTP lies

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It feels less binding and squeamish if you trivialize it by spelling it "luv," don't it?
    it does...yet even so...it tough enough to say luv....

luv

Spamtar
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm actually quite a bit surprised at how similar the ideals have been between the people who've posted in this thread.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Enneagram
    inxj

I dated an intp liar for six years, he could say the most beautiful things to calm my soal, but i later often questioned the truth in those words, i don't doubt that he loved me in his own way, once i let him in, he truelly played and manipulated what i had given him. It was the worst relationship of my life. I really feel at a loss knowing i wasted so much time with him. Be careful..that's all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Karen?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by kafkacat View Post
    I dated an intp liar for six years, he could say the most beautiful things to calm my soal, but i later often questioned the truth in those words, i don't doubt that he loved me in his own way, once i let him in, he truelly played and manipulated what i had given him. It was the worst relationship of my life. I really feel at a loss knowing i wasted so much time with him. Be careful..that's all.
    That doesn't sound like an INTP. INTP manipulation is short term.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Uh er...not necessarily always...
    Our Pness can drag things out for a long time if the other side is open to it. Usually better to make a clean break at the top of the game strategically and ethically yet sometimes we just donít wanna let go. Often it is Js (commitment and consistency tendencies) that fall into these "traps". Usually the intent is "innocent" but then there is our tendency towards procrastination. Often we fail to admit incompatible long term goals and the short term benefits seem at times to outweigh making a final decisionÖ

MBTI
    INTP

INTP's don't like to lie, but they can and will do it if the situation calls for it. They are generally very good at it too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGirl View Post
    Do INTPs have a tendency to stretch the truth? Or even just create off the wall stories? I am seriously in love with an INTP who says he loves me, too. But sometimes I get these horrible feelings that he is lying to me about things... but when I rationalize it in my head, I can find ways that support what he is saying, but it is so grandiose that it makes me hard to believe it! This is VERY difficult for the ENTJ part of me... please help
    Holy shit. You see, I could be you right now. I'm in the same spot and guess what, my head is playing dirty tricks on me. I constantly, almost instinctively think that he is gaming me. Sort of like I'm a part of his big conspiracy (against me). And just like you, I can find reasons to support what he's saying, however, I can't help thinking I'm being plotted against and that the last laugh will be on me. It kinda sucks, cause it makes me super sensitive to any signs of inconsistent behaviour and I brush off most nice things he does/says. I have to find proof for everything.

I've had this problem since I was young, with my first BF. I was sure I was part of a bet between him and his friends. We were together 5 years.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Holy shit. You see, I could be you right now. I'm in the same spot and guess what, my head is playing dirty tricks on me. I constantly, almost instinctively think that he is gaming me. Sort of like I'm a part of his big conspiracy (against me). And just like you, I can find reasons to support what he's saying, however, I can't help thinking I'm being plotted against and that the last laugh will be on me. It kinda sucks, cause it makes me super sensitive to any signs of inconsistent behaviour and I brush off most nice things he does/says. I have to find proof for everything.

I've had this problem since I was young, with my first BF. I was sure I was part of a bet between him and his friends. We were together 5 years.
    Could well be the case... I'm sometimes in some way manipulating people, even those I love. Usually my intentions are good, it's always either a game (see the mind-fuck thread in the mature section) or a method of self-protection. If you really feel that this guy is manipulating you, be careful. If you confront him he could shy away from you whether he is or he isn't manipulating you. But if you don't confront him things might get worse, his behaviour and your perception of it. On the other hand, if you can talk openly with him (which might be kind of hard if you're in the 'dating' face) just tell him how you feel. If he's the open-minded cool type of guy he will understand that you might feel uncomfortable sometimes and the both of you can find a solution.
    (removed)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGirl View Post
    Do INTPs have a tendency to stretch the truth? Or even just create off the wall stories? I am seriously in love with an INTP who says he loves me, too. But sometimes I get these horrible feelings that he is lying to me about things... but when I rationalize it in my head, I can find ways that support what he is saying, but it is so grandiose that it makes me hard to believe it! This is VERY difficult for the ENTJ part of me... please help
    INTP's don't accept truths easily, unless they can constructively support it. Thus it often may seem we 'stretch the truth'. Whilest in reality their just trying to keep an open mind and don't feel they have enough knowledge to support the truth unquestionably.

Pathological liars are amongst all types, INTP's may also fall into those patterns when unhealthy. And there are no doubt INTP's that lie constantly, I have no doubt about that. But I wouldn't relate that to them being INTP.

As for INTP's being manipulative. I think everyone is manipulative to some degree. INTP's just often realize it of themselves. I can be manipulative, but I am always careful with doing so and never for the wrong intentions. And those intentions are always well thought through and not split second descisions, nor based on irrelevant subjective arguements.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf