Thread: INTP lies

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My INTP doesn't lie so much as engage in evasive maneuvers. If he is doing that, you are probably asking him things that are none of your business or he thinks you are going to over-react to his answer or both.
    I thinks INTP have great love of greater truths but will be evasive and will tell "white lies" more than most. Especially where they think they are sparing someone’s feelings. (as opposed to INTJs who will be Ok with hurting feeling but will often lie for greater pragmatic reasons)

For example here is what goes through an INTP mind. OK she keeps on telling me she loves me, I don't respond that I love her for how many months?, She keeps on asking me do I love her? I say I don't know how I feel, I don't think so, she sends letters emails expressing love I see her telling other people she loves them, she always talks about things she loves to do, loves to eat. She wants some validation so she feels better. Ok I will respond a email with "luv Spamtar".

Rationalization: Ok according to C.S. Lewis there are 4 kinds of love:
    storge,philia,eros, and agap?. I feel affection, friendship, sexual bonding, and love of you as one of God's creatures.

Ok either one or more of the loves apply or a combination thereof...OK since you forced me I "luv" you. Now please don't ask again.

Chances are that he may or may not be in love with you. You will not know for sure unless you leave him and monitor his reaction. The only downside is that the INTP has a lot of pride and even if they do love you they may shun you if they think you abandoned them.

I have been "in love" only once. But I have loved many women and show my love through my actions to them.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

You wish it were that simple. I'm not going to say a word.

It's interesting how it's INTP lies and not INFP lies or ENTP lies or INFJ lies.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Fife View Post
    The INTPs I know closely (my Mum and sister) would never lie exactly. Even when pressed they will tell the exact truth in a way that can be interpreted in several ways. Or leave out some information. The words themselves will be truth though.
    This may be an IxTP thing.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    It's interesting how it's INTP lies and not INFP lies or ENTP lies or INFJ lies.
    "ENTP lies" threads have been done to death.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think there is a general consensus that INTP prefer to tell the truth. They often piss a lot of people off because they "like" to tell the truth. If they can't tell the truth they will be evasive, if they can't be evasive they may either tell the truth or lie and if they do lie it will often be as minimal as possible or lead to less lying in the future or otherwise easier to logically rationalize.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I thinks INTP have great love of greater truths but will be evasive and will tell "white lies" more than most. Especially where they think they are sparing someone’s feelings. (as opposed to INTJs who will be Ok with hurting feeling but will often lie for greater pragmatic reasons)

For example here is what goes through an INTP mind. OK she keeps on telling me she loves me, I don't respond that I love her for how many months?, She keeps on asking me do I love her? I say I don't know how I feel, I don't think so, she sends letters emails expressing love I see her telling other people she loves them, she always talks about things she loves to do, loves to eat. She wants some validation so she feels better. Ok I will respond a email with "luv Spamtar".
    This reminds me of the first time my now-husband told me he loved me.

I was thinking that it was possible that I loved him, but that it was way too soon to know for sure, but I was pretty sure that if the relationship was allowed to grow that I would love him and I didn't want to kill it before it got that far. EEEEEK!!!! whatdoisaywhatdoisaywhatdoisay????

"Ditto."

Did someone mention INFJ lies?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I love honesty so much, it isn't even funny. People in today's society are such obnoxious liars. I try to lie as little as humanly possible.

This is actually one of my theme songs:
    YouTube - Billy Joel - Honesty
    (Embedding was disabled)

This one goes to the one I'll love.

Except for the part about finding a lover, a friend, and security, it seems just so true and 'Me'.

(I'm being a bit NF right now... Don't point out what I already know.)
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

By my definition, all of the INTPs I've known have been honest people.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    By my definition, all of the INTPs I've known have been honest people.
    Ditto, myself included. Maybe it's the need for clarification that is stated in the INTP profile. My girlfriend got mad at me. She said, "You told me she looked hot!"

I said, "No, I told you she looked pretty."

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My INTP doesn't lie so much as engage in evasive maneuvers. If he is doing that, you are probably asking him things that are none of your business or he thinks you are going to over-react to his answer or both.
    Well, the over react part I can get... but he knows me well, and he knows that I am good at picking out inconsistencies and maybe even to an obsessive degree lol Anyway...

Its not the "love" thing I worry about. I don't ask for that. Actually, he is the one who is/was always asking me those types of things
    eg while relationship going well

"I don't think you really love me"
    "Are you sure you aren't like this with every guy you date"

eg while not so good times
    "are you sure you miss me or do you miss the idea of us?"

It was really strange... he went off one night when we went on vacation. He knew he was going to get called away for training soon. and he went off about how much he loved me and wanted to marry me and I was perfect and it scared him, (he was a bit drunk)

then about a week later when we got back, we were at dinner and he just threw out there "will you marry me?" I could tell he wasn't "really" proposing for reasons other than he had no ring. I just looked at him, and very earnestly said "don't do that unless you are serious, it toys with my heart."

He went on to sa it was just a test. Well, I had obviously not passed the test. Then things spiraled down the next week rapidly... I don't know, that is when the weirdness started, If I keep going it will be way too long and too much detail