User Tag List

First 123 Last

thanks guys, these are awesome ideas and feedback.

I call him 9/9 because his hugs score a 9 on a scale of 9.

Seriously tertiary Fe makes for cuddly hugs. I went drinking with him, parachuting bear, my newest favorite entp, and dirty sunshine, my favorite estp. Dirty Sunshine and 9/9 left, but before leaving, 9/9 gave me the most gigantic sweet hug ever. I had told him awhile back he had to stop solar flaring me with his tert Fe emo as I found it very confusing because Fi doesnt understand it, so now he won't touch me, but sometimes he sneaks in crazy hugs when I am not looking. He snuck up behind me and gave me a giant two armed rib hug and a neck snuggle. He is like a little kid that just wants to be held. This was after telling me I am "the catcher in the rye".

Then me and Parachuting Bear hung out, drank, and agreed that the 9/9 and dirty sunshine were both quite nuts. (that's something as he and I are both quite nuts already)

(And yes they all get secret names. My secret name is Sparkly K, as much like potassium, I am somewhat reactive. Others names are Dr. Staples, Mother russia, Papa Deviant, Furring strips, Sister solder, twisted Nut and so on...)

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Wow, all of this sounds so familiar. Yes, precision is key and yes, it's hard to find the correct words for all the abstract thoughts flying around. I want to make sure everyone understands, so I overexplain.

I'm a lot worse in foreign languages.
    Oh good god this. I know Spanish like the back of my hand and can read it with nearly full comprehension, but if I'm trying to say something and don't Ti the hell out of it beforehand, I'll get stuck in mid-sentence constantly. People tell me I speak it just fine, but I find it somewhat patronizing - I know I'm not saying it RIGHT.

Definitely need to go a year without speaking English, I think, to get it to where I want it to be.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Oh good god this. I know Spanish like the back of my hand and can read it with nearly full comprehension, but if I'm trying to say something and don't Ti the hell out of it beforehand, I'll get stuck in mid-sentence constantly. People tell me I speak it just fine, but I find it somewhat patronizing - I know I'm not saying it RIGHT.
    I hear ya...
    guess why I post so little in this forum. not that I don't anything to say, but 1) jeno has already said what I wanted to say anyway, 2) I just can't say what I mean PRECISELY, and that's annoying as hell. if I could write in my native language, I'd probably have 3000+ posts already :P

anyway, I've learned to sort of wrap up my lengthy extravertal thoughts. i.e. at first I do my extravertal thinking, Ne-ing all over the place and then say (or write): "AND the conclusion is *insert the essence of my half-an-hour speech in two sentences here*"

I've found it to work very well

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    I hear ya...
    guess why I post so little in this forum. not that I don't anything to say, but 1) jeno has already said what I wanted to say anyway, 2) I just can't say what I mean PRECISELY, and that's annoying as hell. if I could write in my native language, I'd probably have 3000+ posts already :P
    My bad... But yeah, it appears that we share a brain.

What is your native language?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    (And yes they all get secret names. My secret name is Sparkly K, as much like potassium, I am somewhat reactive. Others names are Dr. Staples, Mother russia, Papa Deviant, Furring strips, Sister solder, twisted Nut and so on...)
    All of your pet names for people are fun.

MBTI
    ENTP

I hear ya...

anyway, I've learned to sort of wrap up my lengthy extravertal thoughts. i.e. at first I do my extravertal thinking, Ne-ing all over the place and then say (or write): "AND the conclusion is *insert the essence of my half-an-hour speech in two sentences here*"

I've found it to work very well
    haha, i feel like i'm following jenocyde around with a permanent +1 post.

i still can't be precise in my native language, maybe this place will help me out in that arena. i mostly avoid forums just for that very reason.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    My bad... But yeah, it appears that we share a brain.

What is your native language?
    you are just very ENTP and write more
    my native language is estonian. yes, estonia actually exists and is not an imaginary country as KOD once thought :P

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

you are just very ENTP and write more
    my native language is estonian. yes, estonia actually exists and is not an imaginary country as KOD once thought :P
    Unfortunately, Estonia will always remind me of Vanilla Ninja - you have my sympathies.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post

Definitely need to go a year without speaking English, I think, to get it to where I want it to be.
    Funny, I have somewhat the same issue. I understand what I am hearing in Spanish, but when asked to translate it I speak only in generalities...more interpretation than translation.

However when speaking Spanish, I normally don't have any issues...I just don't care if I make mistakes precisely BECAUSE it's not my native language. Short of interacting with Mexican police or courts, or in some near-physical confrontation, nothing I say is likely to have any dire consecquences other than having to repeat myself if I screw up. Same in the other languages I attempt to speak.

In English, however, I attempt to be as precise as possible.

MBTI
    eNTP

Haaa, props to this thread.
    I always wondered how I could be an EP and still get so many ".........:|......" reactions from people when I talk (well, ramble). Although a few people, like my close friends, maintain that I would make a good teacher.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.