User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 30

  1. #11
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Hmm, maybe, but you do tend to be very paranoid about trying new things because they might potentially go wrong...especially those of you with weak secondary Ne, because then Si comes in and reinforces Ti's introverted tendencies to unnecessarily high levels.
    Yes, we are careful about things. But this is not paranoid. We're not charging into things because of what might happen. We just don't charge into things if we don't know what will happen.

    There is a huge difference there.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #12
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    INTPs are likely to hold things up to a very logical lense, but they are also likely to visit the same regions of the mind that paranoids and crazy people visit.

    So for that I think INTPs might be more likely than the norm to have it, but not as much as INFPs...

  3. #13
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes, we are careful about things. But this is not paranoid. We're not charging into things because of what might happen. We just don't charge into things if we don't know what will happen.
    Very good explanation.

  4. #14
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think that's different from paranoia, since with paranoia there's usually a personal "how can this be used against me" sentiment with essentially everything. I don't disagree INTPs can be prone to precisely the behavior you mentioned...I just wouldn't call it paranoia.
    Fair enough, maybe I've misread it. My INTP friends will always just Ti their way out of trying anything new and it's usually based on extreme pessimism. They're just always certain that they're doomed from the start and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy...I get the feeling it's because incompetence is so dreadfully uncomfortable to Ti, and it's safer to just not bother.

    I get your point, but couldn't you call that paranoia of being wrong? I think most INTPs I know are terrified of failure to an irrational degree such that it inhibits their lives in significant ways.

    I guess that's not really what Paranoid Personality Disorder is referring to, though...I looked up the definition and it seems much more likely to afflict Ni doms, come to think of it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #15
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    " I was robbed by a black man last week."
    " Oh really? I was robbed by a black man, last year."
    " Wow! I was robbed by a black man last month. Since all of us were robbed by black men, all black men must be robbers."

    Idiots.
    ABSOLTELY

    just burns me... mental health is really like physical health, requires a proper doctor who's been to med school people.....

    [

  6. #16
    Senior Member kathara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The key to wisdom and understanding is keeping answers in reserve. Everyone should know that.

    Whenever I 'build a scenario' as you so put it, without sufficient arguement or truth in it. I will most assuredly not commit myself to that assumption and keep an open mind.

    So one could say, being paranoid is being close minded. Again, nothing to do with MBTI. And I still don't see how INTP's are prone to paranoya. Not unless they're unhealthy to begin with.
    Agreed, but that comes after a certain age and positive life experience. When you are in your 20s, let's say, and have a well developed imagination, it is easy to built a scenario that supports itself.

    I also disagree to the idea that MBTI cannot be correlated to mind disorders to a certain degree. A mind, by the manner, the pattern in which functions, either grows or rejects certain mental behaviours, paranoia being one of them.

  7. #17
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I get your point, but couldn't you call that paranoia of being wrong? I think most INTPs I know are terrified of failure to an irrational degree such that it inhibits their lives in significant ways.
    I wish I was like that, sometimes. Might be more successful if I feared failure more.

    But instead I seem to cope remarkably well with failure, as even in failure, I will experience and learn from it. I don't generally see failure as a bad thing. A less nice thing, sure. But not a bad thing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #18
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Very good explanation.
    thirded by me....

  9. #19
    Senior Member kathara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes, we are careful about things. But this is not paranoid. We're not charging into things because of what might happen. We just don't charge into things if we don't know what will happen.

    There is a huge difference there.
    I am just lazy.

  10. #20
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    I am just lazy.
    There's that too. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP and schizoid personality disorder
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 03:03 PM
  2. [INTP] Younger INTPs: Prone to sulking?
    By Grungemouse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
  3. [INTP] the INTP cure to doing stuff
    By marquix in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 11:04 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP adapting to new thoughts
    By marquix in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
  5. [INTP] What type are we INTPs attracted to?
    By Gewitter27 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO