First 12345 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love being alone - no muss, no fuss. So to let someone in, that person has to be damn near perfect for me. No room for any doubts at all. I don't see the point of a partnership unless it's a true partnership in every sense of the world. I also believe that to be realistic, rather than idealistic. There are no false hopes and dreams, just pure unadulterated planning and compatibility.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am not a big fan of feelings. They disrupt me. Sometimes they hurt when there is no apparent reason, (these are the worst, especially on my Ti). Wonder if Fs feel similar about thinking?
    Relationships often bring out these feelings more. Sex is something much more pleasurable than feelings…I think sex would be better if this was not where babies came from and something distinct in itself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Wonder if Fs feel similar about thinking?
    I've often wondered about this.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I've often wondered about this.
    ++1

MBTI
    ENTP

There does seem to be a perfectionist thing going on... I wonder how many of us actually creat criteria so strict we have no real chance of finding a fit... Humans after all are all falwed or they would be really dull...

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Wonder if Fs feel similar about thinking?
    It hurts when I realize how could I make such a stupid mistake. I cringe at myself LOL.
    Dishonest ISFPs make me sad.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    There does seem to be a perfectionist thing going on... I wonder how many of us actually creat criteria so strict we have no real chance of finding a fit... Humans after all are all falwed or they would be really dull...
    I think it's less of creating impossible criteria and more of weighing how much you are willing to put up with, especially if you are absolutely fine with the way your life is to begin with. I see some people sacrifice so much of themselves to be in a relationship, due to a desperate fear of being alone. I have no such fear, so I don't feel the need to make compromises that I am not comfortable with. It's only when the benefits outweigh the annoyances do I even consider it. And even still, the annoyances have to minor...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think it's less of creating impossible criteria and more of weighing how much you are willing to put up with, especially if you are absolutely fine with the way your life is to begin with. I see some people sacrifice so much of themselves to be in a relationship, due to a desperate fear of being alone. I have no such fear, so I don't feel the need to make compromises that I am not comfortable with. It's only when the benefits outweigh the annoyances do I even consider it. And even still, the annoyances have to minor...
    I understand how you feel. I am only curious that this is coming from an E and not an I.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    It hurts when I realize how could I make such a stupid mistake. I cringe at myself LOL.
    Ok, sometimes I feel the same way about feelings too. Its just more frustrating to me when I don't see the cause and effect. The "mistake" as it was, that causes the feelings, especially painful ones. Luckily it doesn't happen too often but even once is enough.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Being E has nothing to do with it. Especially when the E in question is Intuition, which is still an introverted or solitary process. Most ENTPs, and to a lesser degree ENFPs, that I know are quite content to be loners. I don't like my thought process to be interrupted and I need a lot of solitude to process things.

ENTPs are often called one of the most introverted extroverts. INTPs are often called one of the most introverted introverts. We both have Ne and Ti as our top two functions, and both functions are pretty reclusive.