User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I tried to start a relationship with poppy but she hit me over the head with her giant leather purse with spikes on it. And Salt n' Pepper chased me away with a boar spear.
    What a dawg....

YouTube - Peggy Lee - He's A Tramp (1955)

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm guilty of this as well... I think that I have only been in love once? And that took me a good year. Unfortunately, it was with an ESFP so that did not end very well at all. We did not understand each other and were often at each other's throats. Ever since I am very very picky when it comes to relationships. I know what qualities to look for and what to avoid. Strangely enough, I have become infatuated with someone who I hated briefly. It's very strange. I think I fell in love with them because I find their voice so soothing and because he plays the acoustic so well (music is the most important thing to me, it's what I live for).

And strangely enough, I'm not bothered by this at all. After eight months of knowing each other I finally figured out his type and he's an INTP as well. I think I fell in love with my clone. I guess we are pretty narcissistic!

I think that we are so choosy when it comes to relationships because it is rare for other types to understand us completely. They will either take the things that we say personally, or think that we are too detached. But I've noticed that once I really like someone, I spend the majority of my time with them and I don't mind them being around me 24/7. The love life of an xNTP is a mystery and even I sometimes do not understand it.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I have a hunch that Nt's are reserved going into relationships because they put those relationships up on a pedistal - making them more important. They seek an idealistic relationship, more so than NF's do.... NT's in love - when they allow themselves are deeply romantic and make great efforts to show that to their partners...
    Absolutely. I don't apologize for putting my marriage on a pedestal. We have high standards for us and there are specifics we won't go without.

An alternative is that NT's are just really scared to get hurt so make it hard to let people near....
    Yep. It's my downfall, always has been. I work at it and improve and that's the best I can do. It's simply more risk than I can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    1. I think for me, why my romantic relationships become so important, is that I fully see him as my partner. He's my partner, I depend, trust, admire and respect him. And there's a lot of give and take involved. He becomes a part of my brain, sort of. I make us an entity. He, himself, is a system. Seeing a person from this perspective, of course makes the relationship very important to me.
    Yes. This is why I say "we" more than "I".

2. Words can't really give you a fair idea of how I am romantic. "It's kind of like trying to describe a piece of complex art over the phone."* And I'm not sure that it can even be called romantic, but I go out of my way to care about someone, I care about.
    It sickeningly sweet at times and I can't even admit how much in public.

4. Yes. I don't let people in without a fight, especially true when it comes to romantic relationships. When I tell people I did truly "fall in love" with my ex, I tell them: people fall in love - it happens to the best of us. That's basically my attitude towards love. I think it takes a lot for me to surrender to it, but when I do - all hell breaks loose.
    It made me panic. I felt so out of control and unable to think straight, I thought I must have some horrible fatal disease. Falling in love is somewhat of a mental illness so I wasn't totally wrong but realizing it was terrifying for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Perhaps NTs just overthink things

You don't say.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Over thinking depends entirely on perspective.

To non NT's, we will definatly seem to be over-thinking. But to us, they just don't think enough.

So you could say that there is no such thing as over-thinking. Even when you think about something, reach a conclusion that differs from yoru initial guess, that turned out to be wrong. At the time you started thinking, you had sufficient reason to do so. And despite being wrong eventually, you didn't neccesarily over-think at all. And took the right course of action.

Anyhow, just wanted to say that I am definatly not an over-thinker, I'll think whatever I like, whenever I like. So nyer.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

To non NT's, we will definatly seem to be over-thinking. But to us, they just don't think enough.

So you could say that there is no such thing as over-thinking. Even when you think about something, reach a conclusion that differs from yoru initial guess, that turned out to be wrong. At the time you started thinking, you had sufficient reason to do so. And despite being wrong eventually, you didn't neccesarily over-think at all. And took the right course of action.

Anyhow, just wanted to say that I am definatly not an over-thinker, I'll think whatever I like, whenever I like. So nyer.

I definitely don't see over thinking as a flaw. I think as much as I require.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I definitely don't see over thinking as a flaw. I think as much as I require.
    Exactly, we'll show them chaps calling us over-thinkers...

Some day... *waves fist*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I was chatting with Salt and Pepper on the ENTJ thread and then again with Rag later about NT's and love...

I have a hunch that Nt's are reserved going into relationships because they put those relationships up on a pedistal - making them more important. They seek an idealistic relationship, more so than NF's do.... NT's in love - when they allow themselves are deeply romantic and make great efforts to show that to their partners...

A guy I worked with had notes in is diary for his first meeting with his wife, their aniversary and other big occations... so he would remember to mark them for her.

An alternative is that NT's are just really scared to get hurt so make it hard to let people near....

that NT's use criteria and are not people focused enough to know that 2 or 3 of those criteria tend not to happen in real live people....

Thoughts, challenges, soppy moments, deep love....please share....
    I hate that up on a pedestal phrase. People who say that are sluts or man whores themselves and are trying to tell you to be more like them. Or they watched 40 year old virgin one too many times.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

Ergh. You don't know how many potential relationships were ruined by the other person not thinking enough. Both were SPs, funnily enough. The ESP was particularly aggressive about it, constantly pestering me for an answer. There wasn't enough space to think. At one point I just severed all means of contact. Although admittedly, I'm an over-thinker. If the other person is relying on me taking the initiative, they're sadly mistaken.

Also, I'm prone to becoming all gooey and soft in a relationship. I'm not the most compassionate person, but relationships provide a safe outlet. I love showing I care in spontaneous acts of service, such as travelling long distances to see them or simply surprising them with a small gift.

I'm not sure my partners were aware of how I felt about them, though. Internally, it was like, "Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day? "
    Outwardly, it was, " Gryerewerdyflerg."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Also, why bother if you know it isn't going to work.
    mind blowing sex?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It is NT anti-idealism that is the problem, if anything. "Falling in love" is irrational, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.