User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Phoenix_400, here is my $.02. The more I read your posts the more you sound like an INFJ. I mean if you put it all together the overall tone is how an INFJ would put things. INTP's would put their overall presentation together in a different way if that makes sense.

Now if you look at the pieces sentence by sentence I think, "That is something either type could say." There is one place you really sound like an INTP and a few where you really sound like an INFJ.

Here you sound like an INTP:
    I'm usually considered a ghost or a hermit to my friends. Even though I think the world of them and enjoy spending time with them, I'll still drop off the planet sometimes. In the old days, my friends didn't consider it odd to go 2 weeks without hearing from me.
    Here you really sound like an INFJ:
    If I see somebody suffering, my heart goes out to them, but unless they're close to me I don't really want to get involved.
    On the flip side, If you're in my inner circle, I'm constantly worried about how you view me.
    Most people don't want to think about the things they could do, it breaks them when they come to the point they have to face that part of themselves. I've faced the dark monsters in my heart and gained control because of it.
    Anyway take what you will from all of that. I think you are an INFJ, but it's more accurate to say that you don't fit the stereotype of either the INTP or the INFJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Haha the weighing pros and cons of emotional expression really reminds me of me.

I'll say INTP.

I always think of emotions as an economics game. I pay lots of attention to them, but I'm not satisfied with the value side of things; it all has to make sense and fit together.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Could you weight out the types you're definately not? What traits of INFJ/INTP do you really not relate to?
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I tend to have more INFP tendencies than INFJ tendencies, focusing more on Fi...
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default and suddenly...A TWIST!!!

So, I had my ENFJ friend read through all this. We had a long discussion and delved some into the deep dark abyss of my past. She's gone over her thoughts and observations about me and has concluded that I'm an INFP that got screwed up somewhere along the way.

I've read through the descriptions and it actually makes a lot of sense. The characteristics are very spot on in much the same way I find INTP to be. If its true, I've repressed a lot on my part.

I love my tech. I've got tons of car and computer magazines. Looking at my bookcase though, its all fantasy novels and such. I've got the Book of Five Rings, The Art of War, a book on Spirit Evocation, Vampires, Psychology. I've done a lot of studying into the occult and things that science can't really explain, astrology, ghosts, extra-terrestrials, the bermuda triangle. I've got my own theories on religion and such. When I'm studying something like say "using electromagnets as propulsion for inter-planetary travel" I stop when it starts getting heavy into the mathematics. I can't do math. I can memorize formulas, but I can't crunch the numbers.

Digging into the past:
    Growing up, my parents had a...harsh way of dealing with me. Their way of getting you to do what they said was always to beat down your self-confidence and tell you how screwed up you were until the only way you thought you could succeed was to do what they said. I always challenged though. I got to the point I would rebel just to show them I wasn't afraid of an ass whoopin'. It was the same at school. Being a scrawny book worm, I got bullied a lot. I'd get it at school, then come home and get it some more. I was borderline suicidal for a couple of years. I had to detach myself from my emotions just to survive. We think this may be why I test INTP. The emotional detachment prompted a growth in logical thinking. I stopped expressing and wouldn't do so unless I filtered it out and was sure it was safe. I was scared of myself for a while until I started doing this.

I hung out with other misfits. The druggies and the freaks, they accepted me and never gave a reaction to my eccentric behavior expect for the occasional shrug of the shoulders. Even though I've never touched anything but tobacco and alcohol myself. My friends would always come to me advice. They'd say how I always seemed so down to earth and knew what to do. I thought they were nuts to come to me for help since I always felt like I was losing my mind. With everything else I had going on, I always tried to save just enough of myself to help my friends. Even when it was bailing them out of trouble cause they didn't follow my advice in the 1st place. I never broke down where anybody could see, I wanted them to think I was the rock they could lean on. It brought me even closer to the breaking point and I started withdrawing from people and their problems.
    ---------

I'm really thinking she may be onto something with this. I'm going to explore the idea further. Maybe I'm an INFP that repressed the F and went T as a survival mechanism. It makes sense in my head.

Thoughts, anyone?

I think I may call myself INxP for now and see what develops since I'm trying to socialize and express myself more these days.

Also: SARAH IS THE GREATEST!!!
    Last edited by Phoenix_400; 09-27-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to show proper fealty :p

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Phoenix_400, yeah I think INFP actually makes a lot of sense based on what you've posted. So much of what you said really sounded like an INF type, but you also sounded like you were even more of a loner then the typical INFJ (which is saying a lot). INFP's are even more private than INFJ's, so I think that INFP fits you better than either INTP or INFJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I would still say INTP. I haven't seen almost any F from you. Just because you're focused on the emotion aspect of reality doesn't mean you don't favor true/false processing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I agree with Evan.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Nah, you don't have to be INTP. We don't want you...
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I'm an xNTP that tends to lean slightly more towards an INTP. Nonetheless, I see myself as an ENTP.
    how does that work?