User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

When I'm bored, I build cars in my head, or computers, or networks. I can see the components fitting together, how they affect one another. I tend to contemplate the mysteries of the universe. When I'm interested in something, I'm told I "research the flavor out of it". I'll forget to sleep or eat if I'm really caught up. I bounce from subject to subject(and they are rarely related), get to know the basics and file it back if its something I know I'll be more interested in later.

Psychology is a great interest to me. I'm a people watcher by nature. I don't care much for interacting with people directly, but I love watching people interact with one another. Its very fascinating how different types of people respond to different situations and other people.
    This also isn't very indicative of INTP, it belong to several others.

The INTP and INFJ temperaments are so very different. In unconscious tendencies, and in functions.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This happens because INFJs with poorly developed secondary Fe look like Ni-Ti, which can be awfully hard to distinguish from Ti-Ne sometimes (or Ti-Si in the case of INTPs with poorly developed secondary Ne), especially in highly introverted individuals.
    Yes. Function order isn't about strength, it's just what you're in naturally closer affinity to.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    EDIT: Btw, some of the best type descriptions I've found come from the links given below, since they are based on people describing themselves. Maybe this will help you make up your mind about yourself.
    INTP
    INFJ
    Thanks for those links, don't think I've come across those before. Great, either of those two could fit me depending on the situation. Now I'm even more confused.

Now I'm really wondering, Am I INTP whose in touch with my feelings? or Am I an INFJ who's been emotionally stunted?

I'm going to try and get my ENFJ friend to get on here and weigh in with any observations she's made of me. I'm also going to throw out another introspective rant soon.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default Introspective Rant #2

Alright, so I'm pretty much just free-flowing here (or whatever you call it) and seeing what comes of it.

I'm a slob at home. Everything is an organized mess. Completely chaotic to the outsider, but I know (at least generally) where everything is. There's piles of crap everywhere around here though. At work, I can get obsessed with organization. A place for everything and everything in its place. There has to be a better way to arrange this to make things easier to get to.

I forget things. I have auto-pay set up on most of my bills. If I don't, I'll forget to pay them. The bill gets set off to the side, stuff gets piled on top, and it ceases to exist until I come home and power is turned off (that happened twice last year 'til I came up with a way to remember).

Overly emotional people piss me off. If you come to me for advice, listen to what I have to say. I've had several friends in the past who would take the first emotion they felt in a situation and run with it, no rhyme or REASON in it. We can't help how feel about something or somebody, but we can choose how we react to those feelings. THINK before you ACT!

I don't like people. A person can be smart, but people are stupid. If I see somebody suffering, my heart goes out to them, but unless they're close to me I don't really want to get involved. I don't care what others think of me. Their opinion doesn't matter. On the flip side, If you're in my inner circle, I'm constantly worried about how you view me.

I'm usually considered a ghost or a hermit to my friends. Even though I think the world of them and enjoy spending time with them, I'll still drop off the planet sometimes. In the old days, my friends didn't consider it odd to go 2 weeks without hearing from me. Nowadays, the friends I have get a little worried about me if I do that. I'm not really used to that.

I think my biggest hurdle is a physical affection barrier I have. I "talk" my emotions, I don't really "express" them in the normal sense. I'm not comfortable with people touching me. Growing up I got a lot more "hard" touch than "soft" touch. I can take a punch, slap, poke, kick and not think anything of it. A hug is just kinda weird to me. When somebody does touch me, I'm kinda...I dunno, hyper-aware or hyper-sensitive, I can kinda feel them when they're still a couple of inches away from actual contact. Touch=Trust to me. The more comfortable I am with someone touching me, the more it means I trust them.

When I do express, its not usually obvious. If I actually initiate physical contact with someone it means they're in my inner circle. Even with those closest to me its hard to initiate though even when I really want to. I'm more subdued about things when I do. I've got this weird head pat/hair-ruffle that's my equivalent to a hug. A one-armed side hug from me is a bear hug in my mind. I prefer to talk out my emotions, though. I've been told I don't give a lot of visual cues when something is bothering me. I find this to be true. I feel I've got a level of self-control that's oftentimes bordering on unhealthy.

That's all I got for this one. Y'all enjoying being my collective shrinks yet?

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    I'm a slob at home. Everything is an organized mess. Completely chaotic to the outsider, but I know (at least generally) where everything is. There's piles of crap everywhere around here though. At work, I can get obsessed with organization. A place for everything and everything in its place. There has to be a better way to arrange this to make things easier to get to.
    Honestly, I think how organized (or how unorganized you are for that matter) doesn't really say much about your type; my mother is borderline OCD and is an ENFJ. I have inherited this trait to the point where I am unable to think or function in a messy room. I know some people will disagree with me, but I think anyone regardless of their type can be a pig or vice versa.

Unless you're an ESFJ of course

I forget things. I have auto-pay set up on most of my bills. If I don't, I'll forget to pay them. The bill gets set off to the side, stuff gets piled on top, and it ceases to exist until I come home and power is turned off (that happened twice last year 'til I came up with a way to remember).
    Meh, same with the first comment. And paying bills is something that I never forget; I actually pay ahead of time. Again, I think this reflects more on the person than their type.

Overly emotional people piss me off. If you come to me for advice, listen to what I have to say. I've had several friends in the past who would take the first emotion they felt in a situation and run with it, no rhyme or REASON in it. We can't help how feel about something or somebody, but we can choose how we react to those feelings. THINK before you ACT!
    This is why I think you're an INFJ. You seem pretty emotional, yes? Why do these people "piss you off"? Can you give me a reason why this happens? I only get frustrated with people when they take the things that I say personally; I do not necessarily feel anger when people are emotional around me. I actually find it intriguing because I want to know the reasons behind why they are feeling this way. I think INTPs are the best listeners because when people come to us, we listen to their problems and try to solve them in a rational way. Emotions do not cloud our way of thinking because it's irrational.

I'm usually considered a ghost or a hermit to my friends. Even though I think the world of them and enjoy spending time with them, I'll still drop off the planet sometimes. In the old days, my friends didn't consider it odd to go 2 weeks without hearing from me. Nowadays, the friends I have get a little worried about me if I do that. I'm not really used to that.
    INFJs can be seem pretty detached as well. The need for isolation is more of an 'I' trait.

Still sticking with INFJ
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I wouldn't rule out INTP. Almost everything you said could apply to me (although some people here probably still think I'm INFJ).

I haven't heard enough about emotional processing, yet, or why you think you're a stronger Thinker than a Feeler.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default On dealing with Emotions and emotional people

I've learned over the years how much damage denying one's emotions can cause. I did that for a while and it drove me to the point that I almost did something....irreversible. I've found that if I can take the time to think through and define exactly what it is I'm feeling, I can accept them. Acceptance gives me control. Denial makes me nuts. This is especially true of negative emotions. Most people don't want to think about the things they could do, it breaks them when they come to the point they have to face that part of themselves. I've faced the dark monsters in my heart and gained control because of it.

I know feelings are irrational and it drives me crazy when my feelings on a matter are at odds with my thoughts. I also know that emotions are necessary. You can choose not to act on them though. Some of my friends have come to me for help. They take the first emotion they feel and run with it. It gotten them into a lot of trouble. You can't tell them why they shouldn't do it. They HAVE to express that emotion. They HAVE to do what that emotion is telling them to do. It drives me nuts.

I try to explain the pros and cons of different actions. Its okay to feel this way, but don't go doing something stupid. If you do this, its going to go bad, this is why its going to bad. If you do this, these are the possible outcomes I see, but if you do it THIS way, it could go a lot better. Some of my friends, it doesn't matter how many cons you stack up, they're going to run with what they feel and it screws things up.

You control your feelings. You don't let your feelings control you.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I don't like people. A person can be smart, but people are stupid. If I see somebody suffering, my heart goes out to them, but unless they're close to me I don't really want to get involved. I don't care what others think of me. Their opinion doesn't matter. On the flip side, If you're in my inner circle, I'm constantly worried about how you view me.

I think my biggest hurdle is a physical affection barrier I have. I "talk" my emotions, I don't really "express" them in the normal sense. I'm not comfortable with people touching me. Growing up I got a lot more "hard" touch than "soft" touch. I can take a punch, slap, poke, kick and not think anything of it. A hug is just kinda weird to me. When somebody does touch me, I'm kinda...I dunno, hyper-aware or hyper-sensitive, I can kinda feel them when they're still a couple of inches away from actual contact. Touch=Trust to me. The more comfortable I am with someone touching me, the more it means I trust them.
    Ti

I've learned over the years how much damage denying one's emotions can cause. I did that for a while and it drove me to the point that I almost did something....irreversible. I've found that if I can take the time to think through and define exactly what it is I'm feeling, I can accept them. Acceptance gives me control. Denial makes me nuts. This is especially true of negative emotions. Most people don't want to think about the things they could do, it breaks them when they come to the point they have to face that part of themselves.
    Others may have a better, more educated response, but to me this sounds like you think this is Fi, but it is really Ti, imo, because you are making a logical Thinking choice to control your emotions for a better outcome. If you were really F, you wouldn't feel like your emotions were controlling you, it would just feel natural and good to let your emotions lead.

I've faced the dark monsters in my heart and gained control because of it.
    You may think you have, but I doubt it--deep down. I still hear it in your tone.

I know feelings are irrational and it drives me crazy when my feelings on a matter are at odds with my thoughts. I also know that emotions are necessary. You can choose not to act on them though. Some of my friends have come to me for help. They take the first emotion they feel and run with it. It gotten them into a lot of trouble. You can't tell them why they shouldn't do it. They HAVE to express that emotion. They HAVE to do what that emotion is telling them to do. It drives me nuts.
    All Ti again. Ti consumes your writing. INTP is Ti/Ne.

I try to explain the pros and cons of different actions
    . Its okay to feel this way, but don't go doing something stupid. If you do this, its going to go bad, this is why its going to bad. If you do this, these are the possible outcomes I see, but if you do it THIS way, it could go a lot better. Some of my friends, it doesn't matter how many cons you stack up, they're going to run with what they feel and it screws things up.
    Ne majorly here.

You control your feelings. You don't let your feelings control you.
    INTP
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    You may think you have, but I doubt it--deep down. I still hear it in your tone.
    LOL!!! You're right. I'm screwed up. I'm just a lot less screwed up than I used to be. Maybe one these days I'll actually be a normal, well-adjusted human being. :eek: *shivers in terror*

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

LOL!!! You're right. I'm screwed up. I'm just a lot less screwed up than I used to be. Maybe one these days I'll actually be a normal, well-adjusted human being. :eek: *shivers in terror*
    haha. Right on. If you were really normal you wouln't like that as much, now wouldya, MR INTP?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default A Quick Side Note on Emotions

I am prone to following impulses or emotion. When I do though, I've already weighed the pros & cons and possible consequences of doing so. I'll act purely out of emotion AFTER I've decided the emotional satisfaction I'll get from it is well worth the consequences. I'm not really spontaneous. I have to choose to let myself go. From that point on, until I reign myself back in, I'm spontaneous.

Just a little something I felt needed to be added to my above post on dealing with emotions.