User Tag List

123 Last

Post The system rewards people who follow the rules

discuss

How long do you plan on wasting your life following the rules?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It doesn't. At all. It rewards boldness and persistence.

I've tried following the rules, and after high school was over, they didn't offer me any rules to follow and expected me to make choices just to survive. I wish they would give me rules instead of confusing me with all these choices.

MBTI
    ENFP

gah i was just thinking about this. What do the system rebels believe? That we should all just destroy our technology and progress and live like cavemen again?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Ok

It's neive to think that you don't follow rules, you follow a lot of them without knowing it.

1. when dealing with institutions you need to follow rules, but in the main adults choose to interact with those institutions.
    Hence fighting thier rules seems a bit bonkers.

2. Rules of society are their to protect people, one mans freedom is anothers infringment. Vulnerable people need protecting and as members of society we all have a degree of responcibility for our own behavours.

3. rules of etquate - how you ever gonna get laid if you don't follow at least some of those rules

4. even on the net you have rules - how to post, where and subject etc....

So not mad about stupid rules but not nieve enough to say they are not nessesary.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    discuss

How long do you plan on wasting your life following the rules?
    Only as long as it suits my inner purpose, if not then I won't follow them, regardless of the reward.

Some rules are necessary, standard, and some are just excess chains bringing you down.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

The 'rules' in existance are societal, individual, religious, group, political, law, etc. They often clash, and rarely coincide. The chances are, that if yeu're following one rule, yeu're breaking another.

The "system" doesn't reward anyone for such, but rather, rewards people for correctly picking the right rule to follow in any given situation.

If yeu live in a low end neighbourhood, controlled by gangs on a daily basis, then following the rules of the law will get yeu killed more likely than anything else; going with whichever gang's in power at the time is political ruling on a group scale. Yeu may totally disagree with their rules, they may be impractical, or dangerous, or foolhardy, but going with the rules in order of precedence, set by the context of the situation, will reward yeu.

Those who can identify which ruleset is most valid at any given time, and make use of such, while being careful to minimize the damage when interacting with conflicting rulesets, will be rewarded. Those who just follow 'the rules' of a single aspect of things, ignoring all others, will be cut down without mercy by every group they offend in the process. Which will be pretty much everyone.

As we are interactive beings, dealing with situations as they come, this isn't really all that surprising. It also explains how people can bargain with their conscience at times, as if they have to go against their personal rules to follow someone else's rules in order to survive or get ahead... so be it much of the time. Those who insist on blindly following only their own rules, ignoring all others, gets the same fate as those listed above, and the same fate as those who follow only the law (selling out friends, making enemies with those in illegal practices, etc), or those who follow only society's rules, etc.

Yeu can't live by a single ruleset and hope to do well, let alone survive for any length of time. The sooner people realize this, the sooner they'll be able to take hold of their lives.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Rules are mandatory, here are some examples:

#17 of the book of acquisition: "A contract is a contract is a contract ... but only between Ferengi. "

or #217 "You can't free a fish from water."

what's really good tho is #111 "Treat people in your debt like family ... exploit them."

And of course the alltime classic: #112 "Never have sex with the boss's sister. "

xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

In this day and age those who don't follow rules end up like this

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    ... How long do you plan on wasting your life following the rules?
    What rules?... Oh, you mean demands!!

I guess that depends on what the consequences are for not adhering to them.

Rules have levels, IMO!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

What the hell are you talking about. The way to innovate and succeed and create is to not follow the rules. You're probably just an unremarkable person with little talent, so you figure the system doesn't reward "special" people like you.