• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The system rewards people who follow the rules

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tried following the rules, and after high school was over, they didn't offer me any rules to follow and expected me to make choices just to survive. I wish they would give me rules instead of confusing me with all these choices. :(
Here's a rule for you: Quit whining!
:smooch:

humans are generally psychologically wired to fear small losses much more than anticipate great gains, so more are going to try and kill the lion, knowing that an alive lion means a greater risk of death.

QFFT!

Success isn't to be found in playing by the rules, or in railing against them. It is in exploiting them: presenting a respectable appearance, but all the while doing your own damn thing.
See politicians ...or madmins.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How long do you plan on wasting your life following the rules?

If most people wouldn't follow the rules, you propably wouldn't sit in your comfortable chair browsing TypoC, making sarcastic remarks about people who "waste" their lives following the rules.

Unreasonable intellectual elitism is rarely funny.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Go read Walden by Henry David Thoreau.
It's inspiring.

tgk

MBTI Type
INTP
If most people wouldn't follow the rules, you propably wouldn't sit in your comfortable chair browsing TypoC, making sarcastic remarks about people who "waste" their lives following the rules.

Unreasonable intellectual elitism is rarely funny.

We need sheeple to follow the rules so we can exploit them.

Seriously though, most revolutionaries broke the rules of their respective fields to bring us great innovations. Darwain challenged religion, Einstein science, Gates computers, Jobs did computers again. Also they all had day jobs.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The opinion here is pretty mixed. some people say it rewards people who breaks the rules. some people say it punishes people who don't follow the rules, and there is no reward for following rules. And then some say it rewards people who breaks the rules and get away with it.

There is reward for following the rules, in school , you get rewarded with good grades if you follow the teacher's instruction, in society you get rewarded with money from your boss. The chances are it is far more likely to reward people who follow the rules than those who doesn't.

What the hell are you talking about. The way to innovate and succeed and create is to not follow the rules. You're probably just an unremarkable person with little talent, so you figure the system doesn't reward "special" people like you.

I never said I was special. And yes I am pretty unremarkable and stupid. :newwink:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...Define rules

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Come in here, Dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it, if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincere.
The band is just fantastic,
that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today I cut in line at my local coffee shop.

FIGHT THE POWAH!

That is NOT breaking the rules, that is being a selfish, immature person. I quit cutting in line when I was 7. Think about it. You don't take a shat on your fellow man while you are trying to find some unknown truth. Ethics are mandatory--or at least a basic code of conduct--when questionning authority and the status quo, otherwise what do you really have in the end? You end up a scrooge.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, then.

What else is there to do? Or am I just supposed to do nothing?

Athenian, if you are not in school full time, then get a job. Just an ordinary job. When people live in their head too much they create problems in their head. You MUST live in your body, and do basic work, as well as living in your head to be a well-balanced person. Humans have always worked. That work was to find and fix food in ancient times, and to hold down a job or take care of a family in modern times. We have not evolved enough to be able to subtract the need to work out of our bodies, and be healthy in that. Things like overreating, depression, paranoid thoughts, narcissism, hopelessness, etc. happen when a human being doesn't work at something. Anything. And if you can't/won't work then volunteer often. Seeing other's plight can also be a great benefit when all you can see are your own problems. :hug:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Okay, then.

What else is there to do? Or am I just supposed to do nothing?

Follow your instincts. They're right a lot more often than others would make you think. It makes the decision process much easier.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
The opinion here is pretty mixed. some people say it rewards people who breaks the rules. some people say it punishes people who don't follow the rules, and there is no reward for following rules. And then some say it rewards people who breaks the rules and get away with it.

There is reward for following the rules, in school , you get rewarded with good grades if you follow the teacher's instruction, in society you get rewarded with money from your boss. The chances are it is far more likely to reward people who follow the rules than those who doesn't.

I never said I was special. And yes I am pretty unremarkable and stupid. :newwink:

The system is not perfect. Since it's run by humans of mediocre intelligence. Rules are meant to be broken, because they were imperfect rules to begin with, and are enforced in imperfect manners. Maybe if we lived in an idealized world, then life would be fair, but we don't. So what are you going to DO about it? Most likely nothing but complain about being powerless to change it.