User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    The classical treatment for introversion has always been alcohol. Give it a shot sometime (pun intended).
    And you should be shot for how horrible that pun was.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    And you should be shot for how horrible that pun was.
    Make it a murder-suicide, then.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I personally don't think you're an INTP if you don't WANT to be one.

Generally speaking, your type is supposed to indicate your preferences. If you don't prefer to be an INTP but find yourself acting like one, it probably just means you're "stuck" and running up against some kind of barrier with people. Many other types, from ISTPs, to INFPs, to ENTXs, can end up acting INTP-ish.

Many INTPs are so proud of being INTP, in fact, that they create little systems showing how INTPs are better than all the other types. :rolli:

The point is, anyone can find themselves experiencing life in a detached way. The difference is, NTs LIKE being detached, which is why other people are intimidated by them. They can't understand how someone could like that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

Generally speaking, your type is supposed to indicate your preferences. If you don't prefer to be an INTP but find yourself acting like one, it probably just means you're "stuck" and running up against some kind of barrier with people. Many other types, from ISTPs, to INFPs, to ENTXs, can end up acting INTP-ish.

Many INTPs are so proud of being INTP, in fact, that they create little systems showing how INTPs are better than all the other types. :rolli:

The point is, anyone can find themselves experiencing life in a detached way. The difference is, NTs LIKE being detached, which is why other people are intimidated by them. They can't understand how someone could like that.
    Um, I think "preference" in this context means something closer to "it is my natural tendency to be detached" rather than "I really like to be detached so I think I'll act this way all the time."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

"Can't change type", LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Can you change your type? Is that possible or is being a certain type set in concrete? I dont wanna be this detached and unsocial.. are types something you grow into and are destined to be as soon as you were conceived or do you grow into it? I remember as a kid being much more social and.. unlike INTP..

I've never really had trouble making friends but i feel like ive been keeping them as a front, and last year when i finished highschool i just cut all the links with most of my friends,save like 2 not counting their friends, i dont know why, but i did it on purpose.

Also are all nerds INTP? I never really connected with people that society would label as ''nerds''.

Sorry i got sidetracked and i dont remember what i really wanted to add..

But if its set in stone and you cant change it seems pretty unfair, why can't i be more..normal?
    Hahahahahaha

Sorry, don't even try

Trust me

Just become the best most balanced INTP you can be

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm usually only a INTP on tuesdays, ISFP on fridays.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    SEXY

Let me start of by saying MBTI and Jungian Psychology in general hold very little scientific credibility at all. It's just one of the many ways to describe how people work, but if you delve into it too deep, most of what it's saying and why you think it's true is merely based on the forer effect. So please don't ever hold back from something because you think your "type" isn't fit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Well for instance when my friend invites me to go out i generally always don't want to, and while im hanging out i generally dont want to be with these people and have trouble connecting with anyone..

Well, its hard to explain but i didnt know about MBTI till about 1-2 weeks ago, and when i learned there was an entire group of people just like me i was pretty happy to hear, but now that i realize its genetics that makes me unsocial and detached i feel like i got a raw deal.

Or maybe its just a momentary madness, or i'm just tired of being melancholic, and since i can't change who i am then i guess ill have to find someting to please me..without driving me insane(although being crazy is a pretty appealing though):confused:

Don't worry if i'm confusing you i have a hard time figuring out what i was saying myself
    What you are suffering from is not genetics, it's a lifestyle choice. What you need is more confidence and social skills. Read 'the game', get a friend to drag you to parties... You probably still won't be able to connect to every person in the room, but at least you'll have fun, meet new people and just maybe you'll even get a girlfriend .

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

MBTI is supposed to indicate your natural preferences, not what you want to be. Also, NTs dont always like to be detached. We are probably naturally the most detached temperament, but we still have feelings and can most certainly feel alone and be sad by that.

MBTI
    INFP

I guess i was a little mad last night, but i guess my beef is not really being INTP since i love who i am, but mostly that its so hard to be happy or to know what to do.

I've been thinking about it all day at work and i can't really determine a clear cut problem, if i could id probably understand it better.. i hardly ever get to be alone these days.. i think what i really need to do is quit the shitty warehouse job i have at the moment, make friends i could actually talk to freely and at the same time spend more time completely alone..can't wait till College starts this Winter..

I must of sounded like a bleeding heart in my first post

MBTI
    YaYa

Learning your type can be interesting.

Sometimes I think it does more harm than good though.