• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Do you have to be INTP?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i think you are not at terms with your life cuz your life is missing something (identity? identity misconceptions is rare with NTs but you never know)...you aren't being satisfied by anything.

go meditate or something...a vacation?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
But INTPs are nice.

FWIW, my INTP won't touch MMOs, but is kind enough to tolerate my WoW addiction.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
But INTPs are nice.

FWIW, my INTP won't touch MMOs, but is kind enough to tolerate my WoW addiction.

I prefer RTS to MMOs. MMOs can have too much of a competitive feel to them.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I prefer RTS to MMOs. MMOs can have too much of a competitive feel to them.
That would definitely be more up his alley. If he ever had the time I might try to find something like that for him.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTPs are like rats they must be exterminated for the good of themselfs and the glorious NT race. HEIL JUNG!

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs are like rats they must be exterminated for the good of themselfs and the glorious NT race. HEIL JUNG!

How would you exterminate them with their massive e-peens sticking into you? You would run away in fear. :yes:

LEVINA

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
How would you exterminate them with their massive e-peens sticking into you? You would run away in fear. :yes:

At first I thought Oom was hitting on Valuable_Money. :newwink:

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
The classical treatment for introversion has always been alcohol. Give it a shot sometime (pun intended).

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I personally don't think you're an INTP if you don't WANT to be one.

Generally speaking, your type is supposed to indicate your preferences. If you don't prefer to be an INTP but find yourself acting like one, it probably just means you're "stuck" and running up against some kind of barrier with people. Many other types, from ISTPs, to INFPs, to ENTXs, can end up acting INTP-ish.

Many INTPs are so proud of being INTP, in fact, that they create little systems showing how INTPs are better than all the other types. :rolli:

The point is, anyone can find themselves experiencing life in a detached way. The difference is, NTs LIKE being detached, which is why other people are intimidated by them. They can't understand how someone could like that.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Generally speaking, your type is supposed to indicate your preferences. If you don't prefer to be an INTP but find yourself acting like one, it probably just means you're "stuck" and running up against some kind of barrier with people. Many other types, from ISTPs, to INFPs, to ENTXs, can end up acting INTP-ish.

Many INTPs are so proud of being INTP, in fact, that they create little systems showing how INTPs are better than all the other types. :rolli:

The point is, anyone can find themselves experiencing life in a detached way. The difference is, NTs LIKE being detached, which is why other people are intimidated by them. They can't understand how someone could like that.

Um, I think "preference" in this context means something closer to "it is my natural tendency to be detached" rather than "I really like to be detached so I think I'll act this way all the time."

Unique

Can you change your type? Is that possible or is being a certain type set in concrete? I dont wanna be this detached and unsocial.. are types something you grow into and are destined to be as soon as you were conceived or do you grow into it? I remember as a kid being much more social and.. unlike INTP..

I've never really had trouble making friends but i feel like ive been keeping them as a front, and last year when i finished highschool i just cut all the links with most of my friends,save like 2 not counting their friends, i dont know why, but i did it on purpose.

Also are all nerds INTP? I never really connected with people that society would label as ''nerds''.

Sorry i got sidetracked and i dont remember what i really wanted to add.. :doh:

But if its set in stone and you cant change it seems pretty unfair, why can't i be more..normal? :mellow:

Hahahahahaha

Sorry, don't even try

Trust me

Just become the best most balanced INTP you can be

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm usually only a INTP on tuesdays, ISFP on fridays.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Let me start of by saying MBTI and Jungian Psychology in general hold very little scientific credibility at all. It's just one of the many ways to describe how people work, but if you delve into it too deep, most of what it's saying and why you think it's true is merely based on the forer effect. So please don't ever hold back from something because you think your "type" isn't fit for it.

Well for instance when my friend invites me to go out i generally always don't want to, and while im hanging out i generally dont want to be with these people and have trouble connecting with anyone..

Well, its hard to explain but i didnt know about MBTI till about 1-2 weeks ago, and when i learned there was an entire group of people just like me i was pretty happy to hear, but now that i realize its genetics that makes me unsocial and detached i feel like i got a raw deal.

Or maybe its just a momentary madness, or i'm just tired of being melancholic, and since i can't change who i am then i guess ill have to find someting to please me..without driving me insane(although being crazy is a pretty appealing though):confused:

Don't worry if i'm confusing you i have a hard time figuring out what i was saying myself

What you are suffering from is not genetics, it's a lifestyle choice. What you need is more confidence and social skills. Read 'the game', get a friend to drag you to parties... You probably still won't be able to connect to every person in the room, but at least you'll have fun, meet new people and just maybe you'll even get a girlfriend :shock:.

MBTI is supposed to indicate your natural preferences, not what you want to be. Also, NT´s don´t always like to be detached. We are probably naturally the most detached temperament, but we still have feelings and can most certainly feel alone and be sad by that.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
I guess i was a little mad last night, but i guess my beef is not really being INTP since i love who i am, but mostly that its so hard to be happy or to know what to do.

I've been thinking about it all day at work and i can't really determine a clear cut problem, if i could id probably understand it better.. i hardly ever get to be alone these days.. i think what i really need to do is quit the shitty warehouse job i have at the moment, make friends i could actually talk to freely and at the same time spend more time completely alone..can't wait till College starts this Winter..

I must of sounded like a bleeding heart in my first post :blush:

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Learning your type can be interesting.

Sometimes I think it does more harm than good though.