User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Oooh yes, Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt...I hear there's some kind of Swedish yogurt, but I haven't ever had the chance to sample it.
    I tasted yogurt made from dolphin milk. Freakin' awesome!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Well for instance when my friend invites me to go out i generally always don't want to, and while im hanging out i generally dont want to be with these people and have trouble connecting with anyone..

Well, its hard to explain but i didnt know about MBTI till about 1-2 weeks ago, and when i learned there was an entire group of people just like me i was pretty happy to hear, but now that i realize its genetics that makes me unsocial and detached i feel like i got a raw deal.

Or maybe its just a momentary madness, or i'm just tired of being melancholic, and since i can't change who i am then i guess ill have to find someting to please me..without driving me insane(although being crazy is a pretty appealing though):confused:

Don't worry if i'm confusing you i have a hard time figuring out what i was saying myself
    It's okey really, I'm pretty mad myself.
    As I said before i'm not the councelor sort, I could probably give you a self help stereotyped lecture but I'm not sure these things are always the best answer.
    First, you have to stop blaming yourself, people around you feel that negativity and react to it. There's nothing wrong with you, and even if you believe that it's all predetermined genetics (which it isn't) well, duh, for natural selection to come up with intps that sort of people had to fit in the general pattern of early and later human society right ?

Now you have to ask yourself, what it is that stops you from going out more ?
    Is it inertia, you being used to it. Is it personal taste?
    and what makes you feel bad about it? Peer pressure? Some confidence issue?
    and to finish, imagine your ideal self, and ask yourself whose choice is it. Is it society, the desire to be accepted or is it the real you getting rid of your chains?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I've never really had trouble making friends but i feel like ive been keeping them as a front, and last year when i finished highschool i just cut all the links with most of my friends,save like 2 not counting their friends, i dont know why, but i did it on purpose.

Also are all nerds INTP? I never really connected with people that society would label as ''nerds''.
    Both of these things were absolutely true for me. I cut off contact with my friends (of which I had a slew, though "close acquaintances" is probably a better word) after high school graduation, and I never fell in with a "nerd" crowd, in the stereotypical high school sense. I can also relate completely to the feeling of wanting to be another (more outgoing) type. You should see the recent thread by RuffledINTP...it basically covers the same ground you're going for here. I find that, even though I have tremendous trouble being social and, well, NOT detached, it's not something that's impossible for me to achieve. We just have to put concentrated effort into it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I tasted yogurt made from dolphin milk. Freakin' awesome!
    oh god, i want this!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

you could get an entp friend btw, we're absolutly awesome (and modest) and 'd drag you to parties and explain how social dynamics are a funny game.

Take holidays with some wild friends (i'd recommand esfp) and see how it goes.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

oh and get drunk sometimes

... In theory.

MBTI
    xxxx

ENTPs make good INTP buddies. Put frankly, they speak our language, and at the same time are able to stand people. yet somehow manage to quite a few of those crazy ideas us INTPs get in solitude. Living a fantasy, I suppose?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm not sure if you can change type but you can always work on strengthening the cognitive functions you rarely use that might be helpful in your quest. I know this is possible because even though I'm an ENTP and supposed to have Se as a shadow function, a dozen or so years of martial arts training has pushed my Se up to a tertiary position or even dominant depending on the situation.

Perhaps in your case you can work on your Fe ?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

For the record, INTPs are not quite as big of nerds as INTJs.

It's the INTJs who feel the need to spend 300 hours conquering ever new RPG or strategy game that comes out.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    For the record, INTPs are not quite as big of nerds as INTJs.

It's the INTJs who feel the need to spend 300 hours conquering ever new RPG or strategy game that comes out.
    I could do it in 40.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?