• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Well adjusted INTP guys

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
We may have to banish you to the land of the Js.
You're either ACTUALLY a well adjusted INTP or you're just an INTJ imposter.

We shall see how this unfolds.

Nooo trust me I'm very much P. I've only taken 1 test about 6 months ago that had me at a borderline J but I disagree with that (the fact that I secretly wanted to be an INTJ at the time probably had something to do with skewing the test results...I didn't want to come to terms with my INTP laziness. I was actually so disappointed when it said I was an INTP lol). If you had ever seen how bad I actually procrastinate things you would have no doubts though. Your other post would have been completely true Matthew if it weren't so easy to acquire it.

Wait you're an ENTJ now huh? I guess I still haven't met an INFJ then...sneaky bastards.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ha ha. I was disappointed not to be a J too the first time I took the test and even though tried to be a J in the testing process. Now I would never turn in my Pness for anything. :)

(although it would help a bit if I were more organized with my time and stuff)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Given that you're an INTP, you're going to think about how wonderful it would be to play the game. You'll have a blast spending a few hours of your time thinking about how to acquire it. Then you'll go to bed, wake up, think about just how much fun it was to think about the game, only to be left with a puzzling look on your face when you realize you didn't actually play it.

:ninja: GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've yet to meet a "well adjusted" INTP.

My friend is still one of the unhealthiest people I've ever seen despite of getting laid quite often.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
I've yet to meet a "well adjusted" INTP.

My friend is still one of the unhealthiest people I've ever seen despite of getting laid quite often.

Haha! What does promiscuity have to do with being well adjusted!?

As far as well adjusted, emotionally healthy people, INTP's just take a while that's all. :cheese:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Well it makes a decent substitute for being emotionally well adjusted. Hell! its makes a pretty good substitute for just about anything (kinda like a Leatherman pocketknife of characteristics).
The primary reason a man can see for being well adjusted is to get laid on a somewhat regular basis...but sociology/biological imperatives may be different in this case with males than female.:devil:

PS. Always nice to see female INTPs about...hi Im Spamtar. Cheers :)

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Well it makes a decent substitute for being emotionally well adjusted. Hell! its makes a pretty good substitute for just about anything (kinda like a Leatherman pocketknife of characteristics).
The primary reason a man can see for being well adjusted is to get laid on a somewhat regular basis...but sociology/biological imperatives may be different in this case with males than female.:devil:

PS. Always nice to see female INTPs about...hi Im Spamtar. Cheers :)

Hi :)

I can see you point in that sex may be a good motivation for well adjustedness. But that supposes that this guy is looking to have sex with a well adjusted girl, and that just isn't always the case.

Of course, our definitions of well adjusted may be different. Its possible I need to go back and read the rest of the thread and see. :doh:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
But if well adjusted means sacrificing the subjective as-absolute-as-possible truth that drives us INTP's

Wait, what? Since when is INTP logic subjectively as absolute as possible? :shock:

PS Starcraft is indeed overrated.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you're not "well adjusted", there is a bigger chance you care less about your appearance and hygiene, ergo there's a smaller chance you're going to get laid regularly.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, what? Since when is INTP logic subjectively as absolute as possible? :shock:

PS Starcraft is indeed overrated.

Just covering my tracks, political correctness and stuff. :smile:

Schaph

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
5w6
hm.... so this is why you freaked out when I tested INTP...
First off, it's been said and I'll say it again. You should have learned better two years ago to clearly define your problem's parameter. What do you mean by well adjusted?
Secondly, refer to the last post I made. At any given time you have 0.8% chance of finding an INTP with some rough assumptions. This chance gradually accumulate as you refresh your social circle.
Also, I wouldn't trust internet too much. It's too easy to forge a personality online.

Fluffywolf said:
Honest, INTP's don't adjust. INTP's evolve.

Problem -> Adjust = Anti-INTP
Problem -> Solution = INTP
Your model is self-contradictory. One need to adjust his exterior behavior in enforcing a solution, and you need a end state (a solution) to adjust to before making any adjustments.
Fluffywolf said:
Oh and, INTP's that are always sweet and nice are probably manipulative bastards.
Well... I'm really only manipulative when I'm joking around. Jokes are funnier when they have a little sting in them. In general honesty is my policy.
paperoceans said:
All NTPs are a little mad. I think it's against our nature to be "well adjusted"
Yes, and maybe. Madness can be contained. I keep mine close at hand.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams
avolkiteshvara said:
Usually they're older. At least 30 I'd say.
Does it help that Blogthings' quiz says I'm mentally 33?
Blank said:
Instruction needed.
Consciously observe and analyze other people's behaviors to see which parts can help you in what situations. Then try to be a little flexible and take on those parts when need be if the result will be worth the compromise. I think I've became better adjusted since coming to university because I've had many more material to study.
Justher said:
KAY CAN WE ALL PLEASE JUST SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM THIS THREAD AND NOT COME BACK?!
fail

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been lurking at this site for awhile now. For the most part I just enjoy sitting back and reading...learning from the discussions that go on here. But you know what? Today is the day. Today is the day I make my first post in this amazing thread. I feel as though it would be such a waste to not post in this thread.

Everyone remembers where they were when 9/11 happened right? When you first heard the news. Personally I was entering my 7th grade history class. I had a desk right next to the TV, which was tuned to a news station. As we were walking in my teacher was telling us something terrible happened. God that teacher was such a bitch though. She really hated me for some reason. It was probably because she gave us a lot of busy work, which I of course refused to do. Why make 7th graders read the newspaper and write about articles they read? Sure you want to get them into the habit of reading the paper but then writing 2 pages about the article? And on weekly basis? I had better things to do...like cause mischief in the neighborhood or play Starcraft. We always had to take these detailed notes on the textbook too. Desks would be split up into islands...with 5 desks at each island. Each island had an "island leader" or some bullshit. I never got to be island leader. I was always pretty bitter about that one. See the island leader had to check the notes of each student at their island at the beginning of each class to see if they actually did them. A good way for the teacher to assign us a lot of work without actually having to grade it herself. Each island leader would then report to the teacher concerning who did their work and who didn't. I would always try to bribe the island leader you know...or maybe peer pressure them. What kind of square would actually report that someone didn't do their notes? The chances of the teacher catching note fraud were so slim, but of course I could never convince my island leader of that. Maybe that's why I was never picked to be an island leader. Because whoever my island leader was would always report me not doing the notes and I would get bitched out by the teacher. She didn't trust me at all. Man that teacher really hated me...

Sorry I got kinda off topic there...what were we talking about? Oh yeah, you remember where you were on 9/11 right? Well, I will always remember where I was when I read this thread. I'm sitting at my desk, watching season 4 of Dexter, and eating some chicken/mashed potatoes/corn. Not the real kind, I'm a 20 year old college student. Its a Hungry Man frozen dinner. Still pretty good though. I'm gonna remember this day forever, and I'm sure you will too.

Thank you, justxher, for creating this thread and giving me that magnificent opportunity. I will remember this thread forever.

12/22/2009 NEVER FORGET!

[size=-5]I also consider myself a pretty well adjusted INTP[/size]

:girlfight: Extremely terrific. Funniest shit ever heard.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You inherently repel stable INTPs. Stinks to be you, KTHXBAI! :D As for a serious answer, it's either the nature of interaction within your environment, or it's just several chains of social and physical causality that have kept INTPs away... As a side note, it seems strange that male INTPs are hard to find, we're about 3 times as plentiful as female INTPs, Why the interest in gender specifics, anyway?

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I consider myself well-adjusted enough.

You can find us INTPs if you look, but they do tend to be rather quiet. I, for one, usually do not speak to people I don't know unless spoken to. But we're around.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I believe a well-adjusted Intp is actually an xNTP. The one who knows when to share ideas and when to think about them.

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
Problem -> Adjust = Anti-INTP
Problem -> Solution = INTP

Oh and, INTP's that are always sweet and nice are probably manipulative bastards. :D

Wicked and insightful! The poster should have said they want an INTP evolved in those areas which INTPs naturally neglect.
Aren't all types amazing when you don't have to put up with their characteristic BS? :)