• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Well adjusted INTP guys

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm an INTP and I am where you are. We should get together.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm working on this becoming well-adjusted thing, and it's a major pain in the ass.

Instructions needed.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh and, INTP's that are always sweet and nice are probably manipulative bastards. :D

Maybe, but by "sweetheart" I meant not the typical arrogant, abrasive, belligerent INTP. I meant he's actually bearable in a social situation. Better?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Belligerent, an INTP trait? I can see arrogant and abrasive, sure, but not belligerent.

From here:

The disruption that comes from team conflict keeps them from thinking clearly, so they avoid confrontation unless it is absolutely necessary. They might avoid conflict for too long, hoping it will go away. While they like a lively debate of ideas, when it becomes personal they can become noncommunicative until they can see a way to work with the conflict to resolve it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Belligerent, an INTP trait? I can see arrogant and abrasive, sure, but not belligerent.

I find them belligerent. I've known/dated quite a few. While they do shy away from personal argument, they often have poor perception of when something becomes personal.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
A quick and easy guide for INTP's to become more tolerable

INTP -> InTP -> IxTP -> IsTP -> ISTP

:)

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well Adjusted INTPs are on the same lines as Shmoos (and for me Dragons too): They don't exist, but we really wish they did.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Which is worse?

1) An INTP that is openly and obviously maladjusted.
2) An INTP that believes that they might be well adjusted but in all honesty, it is all being held together with spit and tape. And barely.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know if I'm well adjusted. People that know me would say so.

I also don't think it's really relevant to the OPs actual question whether we're well adjusted or not. Finding a compatible mate is more about finding compatible neuroses that you can live with and work well together. Everyone has issues. Whose do you want to live with?

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
My INTP lover is easily offended... our biggest working issue is my criticism and his inability to not take it personally

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am trying to become more aware of when what I say can be taken as criticism, and he is trying to become more aware of when my criticism is not directed at him.

I am trying to think before I talk and he is trying to talk about it before it festers... is this not acceptable?

Last edited by a moderator:

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't know.

I just like stating the obvious.

Then it is highly unlikely that you are INTP

http://www.purdue.edu/usp/pdfs/mbtiresources/INTP.pdf

"Because of the NT’s distaste for stating the obvious or being redundant, the NT is apt to verbalize
expressions of affection rather infrequently. To other types this seems cold and miserly, and they often
are hurt by the withholding. To the NT, stating what is already established is raising doubt where there
is none. The commitment has been made; the position has been taken. And this commitment stands until
notified. Therefore, clearly, it is unnecessary and inappropriate to restate the established and obvious. "

Last edited by a moderator:

93JC

Fine with me, I think this personality type stuff is a bunch of hullabaloo anyway.

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I wonder then why it is used in very high level personnel assignment decisions in the federal government... I think there are plenty of people who could fall under more than one type, but, I disagree that it is "hullabaloo" as you so eloquently expressed

93JC

I say personality 'typing' is hullabaloo, and you wonder why it's used by the government? The government? If anything you're reinforcing my statement.