User Tag List

First 1220212223 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Yes. I was sure that meant something else... Huh. Thank you for the correction.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Presence of opinion is not equivalent to lack of apathy. I couldn't care less if modern society went to hell in a handcart, or reached soaring heights. I'd just prefer the former. Apathy is a lack of desire to affect the subject at hand, or change its future path. It means that the apathee is unaffected on a basic level about the fate/lack of fate of (insert here). Everyone is apathetic about something, and for INTPs, it's the society that they exist in. This does not indicate apathy towards the people, but rather the system the people are in.
    Macabre
    -ma·ca·bre
    [muh-kah-bruh, -kahb, -kah-ber]
    –adjective
    1. gruesome and horrifying; ghastly; horrible.
    2. of, pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspect.
    3. of or suggestive of the allegorical dance of death.

mrbluey: 3 parts Scarecrow, 2 parts Evoloved Snail, 4 parts Intoxicated Academic, 1 part Ineptitude.

ReflecTcelfeR

So how does apathy allow opinions to exist? You couldn't have an opinion on the thing that you were apathetic about unless the opinion was formed out of... Logic? It was still a preference based on a feeling you have towards it. I mean even apathy started with feeling, that is unless you see something that does not effect you directly, in which case you don't care because of that fact. So are you saying that since you don't believe society affects you, the apathy was born out of that? If so how do you think you avoid societies symptoms?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Stay out of society. My "society" is highly limited. Very little contact with people. The society of the country I live in, now that I am apathetic to. The difference is a fine one, but valid. It's like how I have a low opinion of say Siberian society, or that of china. It's detatched and removed.
    Macabre
    -ma·ca·bre
    [muh-kah-bruh, -kahb, -kah-ber]
    –adjective
    1. gruesome and horrifying; ghastly; horrible.
    2. of, pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspect.
    3. of or suggestive of the allegorical dance of death.

mrbluey: 3 parts Scarecrow, 2 parts Evoloved Snail, 4 parts Intoxicated Academic, 1 part Ineptitude.

ReflecTcelfeR

I suppose I don't understand what it's like to be in a detached society. America is anything but that.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

So how can you predict the difference (before you know them well) between well adjusted INTP guys and the ones described here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tionships.html ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am a well-adjusted INTP because:

I take a shower every day.

Sometimes I wear ties.

I remember to eat at least once a day.

I always wipe up the drool stains on my shirt.

I can express feelings.

For example, "Hello, you look nice today. I like your hair."

This is followed by two to three pats on the shoulder or back to show sympathy.

See, we're not all such bad guys and gals.

We have hearts (although they are protected by killer robots, lasers, security cameras and motion sensors)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by So It Goes View Post
    I am a well-adjusted INTP because:

For example, "Hello, you look nice today. I like your hair."
    Now that is impressive. I didn't even think INTPs noticed that sort of thing...

I could, maybe, see the "I like your hair part". But "You look nice today"? Isn't that way too objective of a statement for an INTP? Surely it would need to be bracketed with qualifiers. "In my ever so humble opinion", etc.

My husband (yes an INTP), made a comment when I had my hair done yesterday.

"Your hair looks nice, I think."

"Oh thanks." I laughed. "You aren't sure? It actually might not look nice? Maybe you need to leave your options open in case your opinion changes?" (yes i was mocking him just a little.... he's very good natured about it :p)

"No, I meant, "I" think. Because other people might have different opinions."

Took me a little while to recover after hearing that...:yim_rolling_on_the_
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    Now that is impressive. I didn't even think INTPs noticed that sort of thing...

I could, maybe, see the "I like your hair part". But "You look nice today"? Isn't that way too objective of a statement for an INTP? Surely it would need to be bracketed with qualifiers. "In my ever so humble opinion", etc.

My husband (yes an INTP), made a comment when I had my hair done yesterday.

"Your hair looks nice, I think."

"Oh thanks." I laughed. "You aren't sure? It actually might not look nice? Maybe you need to leave your options open in case your opinion changes?" (yes i was mocking him just a little.... he's very good natured about it :p)

"No, I meant, "I" think. Because other people might have different opinions."

Took me a little while to recover after hearing that...:yim_rolling_on_the_
    Thanks. That was a nice post, I think.

My cousin is a very well adjusted INTP and is one of my best friends. He's affectionate, social, and can even be romantic.